Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

George's best angle for the win was to point out that Flick, Hayley & Cara made up the final four and he was the only one who didn't get voted out and was gifted a free return to the game.

I think that was a really strong thing to hit the jury with and they would have respected that fact. He could of used that as a rebuttal to some of the allegations against him in saying he had to be sneaky etc, he didn't get a free hit like the others did.

Happy that Haley won as I think she played a brilliant game, but that was a s**t FTC.

I wanted to see Hayley have to actually defend that she was voted out, not just a off-hand mention and saying she learnt from it. They both had imperfect games and the questions should have been digging into that. The jury seemed to have made up their minds beforehand. George didn't really do well and had no chance to shifting them with the way he approached it, just saying what he would like to hear if he was voting which didn't fly with the brawns, but Hayley wasn't questioned as strongly.

Almost all of those jurors said George was a certain win when they wanted him out. Their votes really didn't reflect that. I would've loved to see an actual convincing argument win the game.

Great episode. George was never going to beat Hayley, the brawn had made up their mind. It was a disappointing tally as it deserved to be much closer than what a Hayley vs Flick final would have been.

Two best players made the final 2 though, very happy about that.

This defence of his performance is right up there with his actual performance
JLP leaked it on Twitter before quickly deleting. There is no way he didn’t go into detail about some of his moves, the edit made it seem like he dodged around every question. Hayley was always the likely winner, but the edit gave it away very quickly.

I'm a massive George fan, but you can't defend that FTC performance.

No mention of 'im the only one who has never had his torched snuffed'

Long bow here and would be a hard sell, but could have sold the not performing in challenges as 'conserving energy'

Didn't appear to make any connections with the Jury on a personal level.

As mentioned, too broad with answers and really didn't directly answer them either.

He had a chance but he blew it IMO.

Best two players of the season we've had but nowhere Dave level.

Overall a chaotic season the started poorly but finished reasonable.

Editing though with episode previews killed a lot of suspense. The predictable music and editing with challenges was next level bad too. They need to reign that s**t it in big time.

A fairly predictable finale with Hayley winning the final endurance challenge, another one that was right up her alley, and then ditching Flick to take George to the final 2.

She had a better all round game than George and performed better in pitching to the jury and answering their questions so no surprise she won the final vote comfortably. The only knock on her game was being voted out and then being saved by a twist but George had faults in his game too like giving up in challenges so he wasn't a more worthy winner than her anyway.

A decent season overall, not as good as All Stars but it was never going to top that, it still had enough good players to keep it interesting until the end.

Would have been fascinating if this came before all stars. Who from this cast would be worthy? George and Hayley yes. Dani probably. Flick and Emmett wouldn't be out of place.

I think it actually bears mentioning, if you are going on next season take notes on Haileys final tribal.

Specific moves, owned her game, acknowledged her mistakes, was honest and humble. Granted George was the 96 Fitzroy lions as competition but she was flawless in that final tribal.
This is the biggest thing for mine. All of George’s answers were broad, vague metaphors and cliches whereas Hayley gave specific examples and tailored her answers to each asker. She smoked George and while it will always annoy me seeing a player win who got voted out, she was the best player in the season by far.

It was a shame that final TC was a bit of a fizzer because George v Hayley had the potential to be a heavyweight event but instead we got “stop he’s already dead”.

The Emmett vote out was the turning point in the game that won Hayley the half mil, I cbf finding my post but I said after that ep that Hayley winning is a certainty as everyone will be too George focused yet Hayley was the biggest challenge threat so would pretty much cruise through.

Looking forward to next season and US Survivor 41.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 AU Survivor players

1. Dave

daylight

2. Hayley
3. Luke
4. Phoebe
5. Pia
6. Jericho
7. Mat Rogers
8. George
9. Nick
10. Benji

Shane and Kristie as winners don’t get a gig.

Thoughts?
I'd go:

1. Dave
2. Luke
3. Hayley
4. Jericho
5. Phoebe
6. Pia
7. Benji
8. AK
9. Nick
10. Annaliese

George just outside.

Think the suspense was killed about 6 seconds after George opened his mouth
It's clear you dislike George but it's coming across quite creepy & personal...
Is it because his a politician or from Bankstown?

On the game. The righful winner won with a more rounded game.
Also Haley smoked him in that final tribal.

Just looked it up out of curiousity, Tara got more votes in her FTC than George did. Mind boggling, even accounting for an average performance from George

Absolute garbage. The bitter jury ruins it again. George had a hand in voting out 8 of the 9 jury members and even helped get Hayley voted off many episodes ago. He then loses because he was unapologetic for playing a great game. Hayley is an illegitimate winner. Had a target on his back the whole time and absolute knobs like Andrew and Emmet wanted him out so badly, failed, and became deranged with hate.

Braun threw a challenge with Hayley to get rid of another Braun but then talk about always trying hard in challenges. They were looking for an excuse to vote against George, plain and simple. They were judging George on Braun standards when he played a Brain game. They couldn’t vote him off so they denied him the title. Nearly all the players sat out of the strategy side. Everyone knows George played the best game and was the focus of the whole season. Just as Pia apparently beat Luke last year. But who is in all the ads on TV? Bitter juries can‘t man up and admit the obvious.

Absolute garbage. The bitter jury ruins it again. George had a hand in voting out 8 of the 9 jury members and even helped get Hayley voted off many episodes ago. He then loses because he was unapologetic for playing a great game. Hayley is an illegitimate winner. Had a target on his back the whole time and absolute knobs like Andrew and Emmet wanted him out so badly, failed, and became deranged with hate.

Braun threw a challenge with Hayley to get rid of another Braun but then talk about always trying hard in challenges. They were looking for an excuse to vote against George, plain and simple. They were judging George on Braun standards when he played a Brain game. They couldn’t vote him off so they denied him the title. Nearly all the players sat out of the strategy side. Everyone knows George played the best game and was the focus of the whole season. Just as Pia apparently beat Luke last year. But who is in all the ads on TV? Bitter juries can‘t man up and admit the obvious.
Pia didn't go head to head with Luke at FTC. The only time a bitter jury ruined the game was when Shane Gould beat Sharn even though she was the goat on the tribe.

agree with all this but the edit of his FTC showed he choked it up at the end and didn’t highlight his game. this should have been his strength.

oz juries rarely respect gameplay and are bitter.

I never said Luke made final two, but he was extremely close, and was the standout like George was this season, and gets remembered way more than someone like Pia. The jury has sat at home watching the show like all us and can see what George did, and what Hayley did. There is no comparison. Sour grapes wins the day.

Top 10 AU Survivor players

1. Dave

daylight

2. Hayley
3. Luke
4. Phoebe
5. Pia
6. Jericho
7. Mat Rogers
8. George
9. Nick
10. Benji

Shane and Kristie as winners don’t get a gig.

Thoughts?
I'd go:

1. Dave
2. Luke
3. Hayley
4. Jericho
5. Phoebe
6. Pia
7. Benji
8. AK
9. Nick
10. Annaliese

George just outside.
Harry surely makes Top 10. Top 5 even.

The Emmett vote out was the turning point in the game that won Hayley the half mil, I cbf finding my post but I said after that ep that Hayley winning is a certainty as everyone will be too George focused yet Hayley was the biggest challenge threat so would pretty much cruise through.

Looking forward to next season and US Survivor 41.
I genuinely was going to post after the first week that Hayley was my winner pick based on the edit, but after Mo Hope last year I was scared off it, and now no one will ever believe me.

Harry surely makes Top 10. Top 5 even.
Yeah, theres a clear cut top 4 for me and then 5-13 is the ones I listed there plus George, Harry and Brooke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back