Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's better as Brains vs Brawn. Beauty doesn't really match those.
I just like having 3 tribes rather than 2. Makes for a more interesting spectacle IMO

I have always enjoyed the Aust Survivor more than the US for some reason....maybe it is not as slick, or I can relate to the competitors more. Not sure why. Last season was an absolute cracker.

IMO, Aus Survivor is just as slick. Pretty much the same production values just with Aussie contestants. JLP has really grown into the role of host as well.

IMO, Aus Survivor is just as slick. Pretty much the same production values just with Aussie contestants. JLP has really grown into the role of host as well.
I think surviving the extra 2 weeks also makes it harder

Maybe slick is the wrong description...It might be the hosts personality, how he is a bit more casual and laid back and willing to have a laugh with the contestants more. Just that Aussie all around feel to it that I enjoy. I still enjoy the US version as well. Can't wait actually for it to come on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really relevant to this particular thread but I think Friday just gone marked one year since the last episode of the US version of Survivor aired before Covid farked everything.

According to the girlfriend after watching the preview, one of the brains seems to be Marine Scientist/model Laura Wells. The hornier members of the forum may want to check out her Instagram.

According to the girlfriend after watching the preview, one of the brains seems to be Marine Scientist/model Laura Wells. The hornier members of the forum may want to check out her Instagram.

Very nice

laura-wells-1.jpg

The extra food they get compared to the US version makes it easier.
Just on this, you don't get a heap of extra food and the weights lost are pretty much the same across both versions in the past, in more recent seasons of the US Seasons they actually get more food which is why they don't really publish weights lost so much now. I lost 16kg which outside of a couple of bigger dudes, would be up there with the highest numbers on a US season as an example.

Just on this, you don't get a heap of extra food and the weights lost are pretty much the same across both versions in the past, in more recent seasons of the US Seasons they actually get more food which is why they don't really publish weights lost so much now. I lost 16kg which outside of a couple of bigger dudes, would be up there with the highest numbers on a US season as an example.

16 kgs is insane. Hopefully it didn't take a long run toll on your physical health! How many days were you out there again? The longer format probably results in more weight lost relative to the shorter US seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back