Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone from this season you wouldn't mind getting a second chance? For mine I reckon Shannon would be pretty good - if memory serves she pretty much got producer twisted out didn't she?
Shannon and Dani, both ballers.

Shannon and Dani, both ballers.
Simon and Dani two that I thought showed enough but made some big mistakes that I'd be interested to see them again and if they learnt from their mistakes.

For mine Shannon, and Baden especially didn't show enough to get another gig.

George possibly incapable of learning from his mistakes but if I'm wrong he'd be interesting to see again.

Happy to see more of Hayley's gameplay.

Amazingly I feel like every season I see a Hantz or someone if that ilk come back the tribes never get them early.
Russell was at least useful in team challenges though. I feel that Sandra or Cherie might be better comparisons but they were both light years ahead of George socially so could make friendships / alliances better than George. I tend to agree with DIG that George would be an easy and early target if he played again.

Bit rich all the brawns criticising George’s physical game in a season called “Brains vs Brawn”.

They even threw a challenge at one point.
I am not a huge fan of throwing a challenge but that's more a problem with the rules rewarding such behaviour. (Perhaps if it was challenge winner chooses who goes to tribal it would then be clear if a tribe is deliberately targeting someone and they'd have won the chance to do so).

That said, under current rules Brawn throwing the challenge was a strategic move and strategy is part of the game so it at least makes sense. Other than conserving energy giving up at a challenge doesn't make much sense and giving at least a token effort would help George ward off disrespect so would have been a better course of action IMO.

so apparently they filmed two versions, one with Hayley winning and one with George winning, and they both didn't find out the actual result until last night. Pretty brutal on George and family. They also did this the season Kristie won, as that wasn't a live finale either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute garbage. The bitter jury ruins it again. George had a hand in voting out 8 of the 9 jury members and even helped get Hayley voted off many episodes ago. He then loses because he was unapologetic for playing a great game. Hayley is an illegitimate winner. Had a target on his back the whole time and absolute knobs like Andrew and Emmet wanted him out so badly, failed, and became deranged with hate.

Braun threw a challenge with Hayley to get rid of another Braun but then talk about always trying hard in challenges. They were looking for an excuse to vote against George, plain and simple. They were judging George on Braun standards when he played a Brain game. They couldn’t vote him off so they denied him the title. Nearly all the players sat out of the strategy side. Everyone knows George played the best game and was the focus of the whole season. Just as Pia apparently beat Luke last year. But who is in all the ads on TV? Bitter juries can‘t man up and admit the obvious.
Re bolded:
If George really played that great a game / the best game he would have been voted off. If no other time Hayley would have done it at final three. The fact is he may have played the best strategic game but that is only one aspect and whilst early on it was George (and Cara's idol) that kept George in the game, towards the end it was his lack of challenge and social ability that made him less of a threat and thus less of a target and that is ultimately what got him to the end, not his 'great' game.
Nearly all the players sat out the strategy side - I beg to differ - other than early boots who we didn't get to see much of I'd argue that everyone had some strategy. That someone like Gerald's strategy is so simple as to play loyal to his alliance doesn't change that it is strategy. That someone like Dani wasn't particularly great at the execution / timing of her strategy doesn't change that she was strategic.
Target on his back the whole time - again this is incorrect for reasons mentioned above - he was less of a threat than Dani, Flick so he was not a target for those and probably other votes. (not a target for the majority at least, yes he was targeted by minorities because he had played such a poor social game and it is frustrating to them that such a poor social and physical person is kept ahead of other 'more deserving' players such as themselves.

Re bolded:
If George really played that great a game / the best game he would have been voted off. If no other time Hayley would have done it at final three. The fact is he may have played the best strategic game but that is only one aspect and whilst early on it was George (and Cara's idol) that kept George in the game, towards the end it was his lack of challenge and social ability that made him less of a threat and thus less of a target and that is ultimately what got him to the end, not his 'great' game.
Nearly all the players sat out the strategy side - I beg to differ - other than early boots who we didn't get to see much of I'd argue that everyone had some strategy. That someone like Gerald's strategy is so simple as to play loyal to his alliance doesn't change that it is strategy. That someone like Dani wasn't particularly great at the execution / timing of her strategy doesn't change that she was strategic.
Target on his back the whole time - again this is incorrect for reasons mentioned above - he was less of a threat than Dani, Flick so he was not a target for those and probably other votes. (not a target for the majority at least, yes he was targeted by minorities because he had played such a poor social game and it is frustrating to them that such a poor social and physical person is kept ahead of other 'more deserving' players such as themselves.
Whilst I completely agree with you I think it’s a lost cause with some at this point.

It’s a simple equation, strategy, physicality and sociality. George had none of the latter 2.

so apparently they filmed two versions, one with Hayley winning and one with George winning, and they both didn't find out the actual result until last night. Pretty brutal on George and family. They also did this the season Kristie won, as that wasn't a live finale either.
Pretty sure they do that for all reality shows. They definitely do for masterchef. It’s supposed to stop leaks and betting issues (although clearly didn’t work in this case given people knew the result weeks ago)

Pretty sure they do that for all reality shows. They definitely do for masterchef. It’s supposed to stop leaks and betting issues (although clearly didn’t work in this case given people knew the result weeks ago)

Presumably the one they film first would be the actual winner as you'd get more authentic reactions? And I guess that's how its leaked, given the two finalists don't find out for certain until the day it airs...?

what did he say?

4e5e8f4616917863a193f9067cdcdd05.jpg

while this doesn’t surprise me at all - the issue was with his answers to the questions not his pitch.

this could have got the bad edit as well but it looked like he really struggled to answer them well - which only seemed to salt up an already bitter jury.

i like survivor and i really like jlp as a host but the juries are so bitter and the players so dumb. would much rather play the us version.

The two standout players of the season made the top 2, thats a good result.

Hayley a very deserving winner. I think George cost himself a bit through his slight arrogance and unwillingness to abandon that in final tribal, but he still played a magnificent strategic game.

As long as one of those 2 won, I was happy.

Georges strategic game was the best Aus Survivor has seen, but Hayley had him physically and socially.

The two standout players of the season made the top 2, thats a good result.

Hayley a very deserving winner. I think George cost himself a bit through his slight arrogance and unwillingness to abandon that in final tribal, but he still played a magnificent strategic game.

As long as one of those 2 won, I was happy.

Georges strategic game was the best Aus Survivor has seen, but Hayley had him physically and socially.

I know she got voted out (we can debate the merits of her downfall coming as a result of bad twists removing most of her agency etc), but I really appreciated Hayley's strategic game.

• She made a really good move pre-merge to orchestrate and execute Joey's blindside (if I remember correctly).
  • Her use of the idol at the tribe swap was incredible. Played it to perfection
  • Her move at the final 4, convincing both Cara and George to vote for each other was incredible.

George also played a hell of a strategic game. His move at the final 5 is an all time move in my opinion. However, I don't think his strategic game was objectively better than Hayleys. He only came into his own post-merge (bungled the pre-merge multiple times).

while this doesn’t surprise me at all - the issue was with his answers to the questions not his pitch.

this could have got the bad edit as well but it looked like he really struggled to answer them well - which only seemed to salt up an already bitter jury.

i like survivor and i really like jlp as a host but the juries are so bitter and the players so dumb. would much rather play the us version.
Can I ask this, cause the continued narrative of the bitter jury is bizarre.

If the jury was genuinely bitter about being outplayed woukd they not also be bitter at Hailey?

What do you mean by bitter jury? Cause what I saw was a bunch of people who believed that Hailey played a more well rounded game than George and werent “bitter” at anyone.

They might not like George but that doesn’t make them bitter, it makes him a poor social player. I feel like those who have pointed out what George did wrong have been pretty specific about why he didn’t win and those who defend him just throw out “bitter jury” what does that mean and in the context of this game wouldn’t having a bitter jury mean you didn’t manage them well and therefore didn’t play a particularly good game.

I know she got voted out (we can debate the merits of her downfall coming as a result of bad twists removing most of her agency etc), but I really appreciated Hayley's strategic game.

• She made a really good move pre-merge to orchestrate and execute Joey's blindside (if I remember correctly).
  • Her use of the idol at the tribe swap was incredible. Played it to perfection
  • Her move at the final 4, convincing both Cara and George to vote for each other was incredible.

George also played a hell of a strategic game. His move at the final 5 is an all time move in my opinion. However, I don't think his strategic game was objectively better than Hayleys. He only came into his own post-merge (bungled the pre-merge multiple times).
I think George was strategically dominant since day 1 or 2, when he was able to save Wai and also get rid of dictator doctor, both moves that benefited him that he orchestrated.

I'm a big Hayley fan too. Her only flaw in an otherwise close to perfect game was she's been voted out once. That's a big one though for mine.

In terms of hard done by because of a twist, clearly Baden was the most rorted by any of the contestants.

Anyway like I've said since about 2/3 of the way in, as long as Hayley or George won, I'd be happy that the result justified the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back