Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone on another site smartly pointed out that Wai and the majority alliance cocked this up majorly.

The majority alliance let Wai be the decision maker. If she doesn't vote George then the majority alliance votes 3 George, 3 Cara.
Meaning she could have gone back to Cara, George and Baden and said "lol don't even worry about playing the idol, we have 4 person plurality vote".
The 4 of them vote Georgia, keep the idol, boom.

I do think in general, it was the right move for Wai to join the majority and maybe she did realise the above but thought it was still the best option going forward. Real dumb from the big 6 though.
I'm struggling to remember but did Wai know about the idol before tribal?

Just caught up then. Any chance we get some social gameplay or strategy to solve problems this season instead of “I’m in trouble, oh look an idol”?

What a dumb move by Cara to play it for George (obviously she didn’t go home but she didn’t know that). What did she expect was going to happen there? Truely some deadshit gameplay this season.

And of course we get another twist that saves a dud player.

What a dumb move by Cara to play it for George (obviously she didn’t go home but she didn’t know that). What did she expect was going to happen there?
She obviously knew it was a good chance that play was going to send her home, lol.

She obviously knew it was a good chance that play was going to send her home, lol.

Why go on Survivor if she was happy to sacrifice herself for someone else and go home, especially for a muppet like George, you should go on it to win.

Why go on Survivor if she was happy to sacrifice herself for someone else and go home, especially for a muppet like George, you should go on it to win.
So many campaigners apply for this show yet we get “Oh it’s okay hun, I’m a mum so I’m happy to burn my idol and get voted out for you 6 tribal councils in”.

Miss me with that nonsense. Still mad.

So many campaigners apply for this show yet we get “Oh it’s okay hun, I’m a mum so I’m happy to burn my idol and get voted out for you 6 tribal councils in”.

Miss me with that nonsense. Still mad.

I'm more flabbersasted at Wei. could have gone along with them after they made her the deciding vote, then gone straight back to the George alliance and put their votes on one in the majority. stays firm in a strong four, AND kept the idol. Now she's dead bottom of 7, and has burnt her bridges with the other 3, with swap probably sunday or monday where she could end up back in a tribe with George again anyway. no mans land.

This is by far one of the best threads on BF, don't think you'll get a better opportunity to open your eyes to different perspectives and go 'actually they've got a point'

As well as riding the highs and lows of each ep, is a lot of fun to read live as well.

Love you 3000 Survivor fam :heart:

I like watching David Genat's insta after the episodes, he has some interesting insights. He thinks Wai's move was spot on.
I hope we get to see David play again soon. Someone mentioned in the last survivor thread imagine if there was a World cup of Survivor. A man and women from each country. Would be epic. would def send David as our man tribute.

I hope we get to see David play again soon. Someone mentioned in the last survivor thread imagine if there was a World cup of Survivor. A man and women from each country. Would be epic. would def send David as our man tribute.

There’s no way he’d survive the first episode of another Australian one. He’s got a US passport, he could be cast in an American season. That’d be pretty fun to watch, especially if the other contestants didn’t know who he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no way he’d survive the first episode of another Australian one. He’s got a US passport, he could be cast in an American season. That’d be pretty fun to watch, especially if the other contestants didn’t know who he was.
He would because the producers would ensure it ;)

Yeah I reckon he’ll end up on a US season before too long

Luke is just a bogan being himself, Joey is a tool and putting it on quite a bit for the cameras
I wouldn't call Luke a bogan. But he's definitely more charismatic than Joey

This is by far one of the best threads on BF, don't think you'll get a better opportunity to open your eyes to different perspectives and go 'actually they've got a point'

100%. As far as reality goes I do- this, MAFS, Bach (and lesser extent The Block)- there's no way in hell I'd enjoy these shows as much without the threads on BF. Bach/ette- i definitely would have jumped off by now, its boring af.

Yeah I didn’t think it was just me. I wonder if that is just him naturally or if he put some practice into a Luke routine?

Comes off as the latter to me, even though he's still one of the most entertaining/likable players to me.

Similar to Emmett trying to be David Genat (especially during his confessionals): he probably thought he was going this enormous star with universal appeal, he's going to be shocked that he's coming off as the season's #1 flog (and there's pretty hot competition for that title).

That and Luke had his family story that made it easy to root for him as well - who doesn’t want to see a father be able to take his kids to Disneyworld?

The other thing with Luke and it would definitely be something I'd try to keep in mind if I were ever out there, is he was just such a great person to have around camp.

They must have realised how dangerous he was, but I reckon he took a while to get on people's radars as a boot or they'd pick the other person when it was a "Luke or x?" decision. From what we saw, he was always positive, never sooked when a vote didn't go his way or they lost a reward challenge, decent but not threatening in challenges, kept everyone entertained, did more than his share around camp. Only when it got to the point of "If we keep this guy around much longer, no-one else has a chance" did he start to get in trouble.

I know in the US because Survivors classed as a game show there's very strict rules around fairness and not favouring any contestants. I'd be surprised if there weren't similar rules for our version.

I feel like the US version drifts very close to this with all the advantages in recent seasons, not so much that they're out there, but that things like vote nullifiers seem to have never been heard of until they're played. Or we generally see someone getting utterly screwed by a swap and going from a power position to a hopeless one.

Imagine being the first victim of that, back in Africa, dominating the game to getting booted in one episode. China's considered one of the best seasons of all time, but a stupid "take the other team's two strongest players" twist could have easily made it middle of the road.

Not as egregious as outright telling players where idols are, admittedly, but I reckon you could assemble a decent returning cast of people who were utterly screwed by a twist and which was completely unfair to them.

Last edited:
I'm more flabbersasted at Wei. could have gone along with them after they made her the deciding vote, then gone straight back to the George alliance and put their votes on one in the majority. stays firm in a strong four, AND kept the idol. Now she's dead bottom of 7, and has burnt her bridges with the other 3, with swap probably sunday or monday where she could end up back in a tribe with George again anyway. no mans land.

And Joey's alliance: just vote Wei or Baden out instead of trying to pull Wei in and then you have an overwhelming majority and can do what you want. Seems a much safer play than relying on Wei.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back