FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Heroes vs Villains (Jan 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with a Liz win but was a bit of a hard watch to see how she won. Matt had a mare of a final tribal not being able to argue for the good game he actually played while Liz was getting points for moves that weren't really just hers or moves that were actually terrible play. A bit more of an even contest and a 4-3 or 5-2 vote would have been better to see

Nice that Elizaveta is some kind of a friend of a friend. Speak about that if you have something interesting to add.

But don't speak about betting. Sickening. Just stop it.

All some guys seem to do on here is talk about betting. Just stop.

i think the point being made is why it’s so important to keep betting odds out of the thread.

the moment someone says in this thread Liz is $1.30 the show is ruined.

Matt had a mare of a final tribal not being able to argue for the good game he actually played while Liz was getting points for moves that weren't really just hers or moves that were actually terrible play.
At one point I thought it was funny how she presented a good play by saying that she made George change his mind and prevented him voting for Flick pre merge ignoring the fact that keeping Flick on was a bad decision and a mistake.

George said the reason he wanted to vote Flick off was because she was untrustworthy and will flip immediately after merge and he was proven right.

Congrats to Liz. Overall she played a pretty strong game and early I thought she and Shonee were playing a very smart game - they matched up with George and used him as a shield.

Liz pitched so much better and that was the difference. To be honest though a lot of what she claimed was rubbish. She didn't vote George off. She voted for him. We didn't even see her have a conversation with Matt about voting George. She claims voting George off as some big move but it was the easiest vote off ever. She never tried making a move against him once until the last night.

Also Matt needed to do so much better with his rebuttals. He really needed to emphasise the immunity challenge he won where they were going to vote Liz off but instead they were forced to vote a jury member off. He needed the jury to know that Liz was getting voted off and that he was thinking along the lines of a final two not three and George was last go under his plan.

In the end Simon was proven right they were all pawns under George. Liz was just a bit better overall and much better with the jury. Gerry was a waste of space.

George entertaining as ever but he can never claim to be the king. The Golden Gold is and always will be until dethroned. George just can't cut it in the challenges.

As for the result being known. The minute a betting company decides in their wisdom to bet on a event where the result has already been determined you will always get people betting. They won't get down for much but enough to dictate the odds and it only takes half a dozen bets on the same player from new accounts who have never bet before to let you know who won. They only bet on it for novelty/marketing. Whatever they lose on it they make back in one half decent losing bet on next sporting or racing fixture. Too many people involved in the production for the result not to be bet on - not to mention people who know contestants on the show and put 1+1 together.

Overall still easily best reality show on tv and was a good season up until last few weeks where it turned a bit meh. Can't wait for next season and really hope they go back to just new players and not recycled players. We need some fresh blood. The next David/Luke/Hayley/George/Shonee etc.

Liz is a friend of a friend and we were chatting while watching Survivor a month ago and and they casually said apparently she wins.
Went and checked market and Liz was paying $1.30 so obviously the cat was out of the bag.

Seriously why is there betting on an event that isn’t live - same goes for Academy Awards etc.

There are going to be leaks, no matter how they think they can keep it under control.

The only way to deal with it is a reveal of votes in a live event. This was filmed back in August/September last year.

Slowed down in the last few weeks but that's easily the best season of Australian Survivor and one of the best of any version I've seen.

A pity George couldn't get it done, but he might be behind only Tony in terms of best player/best entertainment for anyone I've seen play the game. I can't wait for George 3.0 and I can't imagine it'll take long.

Hard to say for sure with how much FTC is edited but Liz probably deserved the win. I think Matt played a much better game than his performance suggested though.

If George does make it to another series, I have no doubt he won’t last long. No-one will trust that he doesn’t have multiple alliances.

Also I’d expect Simon would join him in an All-Stars series (reckon they may do another one to be filmed next year after the upcoming filming).

Seriously why is there betting on an event that isn’t live - same goes for Academy Awards etc.

There are going to be leaks, no matter how they think they can keep it under control.

The only way to deal with it is a reveal of votes in a live event. This was filmed back in August/September last year.
I’d never look at the odds prior because it’s almost certainly going to be a spoiler but funnily they have missed pretty bad with some US seasons still looking at them after the fact. Gabler was big odds for most of his season

The real winner tonight was George and that outfit. Amazing
white-goodman.jpg

I’d never look at the odds prior because it’s almost certainly going to be a spoiler but funnily they have missed pretty bad with some US seasons still looking at them after the fact. Gabler was big odds for most of his season

I think it runs about 50/50 whether the odds spoil it or not. Last Australian season they had Jordie's brother as the winner based upon the odds that were posted here. This season they had it right. Listening to US podcasts, last season wasn't spoiled whereas this season apparently has leaked like a sieve and a lot of people aren't even bothering with prediction games because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it runs about 50/50 whether the odds spoil it or not. Last Australian season they had Jordie's brother as the winner based upon the odds that were posted here. This season they had it right. Listening to US podcasts, last season wasn't spoiled whereas this season apparently has leaked like a sieve and a lot of people aren't even bothering with prediction games because of it.
Mark was $1.50 for most of the season and shortened as that season progressed. I never saw Jesse as the favourite unless I missed the opening odds and even then it wouldn't be under $2.

I didn't think she played the overall game very well but she was the best of a bad bunch when it came to the final tribal council in front of the jury.

There has been a few winners in the past that were not great players but somehow were able to get to the end, good on them for doing so but they didn't stand out as solid players to me.

As you say though, Liz has the winners cheque now so its all a moot point what anyone thinks.
She found idols, won challenges, aligned with the most dominant alliance, had herself a backup alliance, got jury members onside and managed to get the final 3 with 2 absolute sheep ensuring a win.

Think theres blinkers on here, you flat out cant win this game if youre not "good". Again its the nature of the game that whoever wins is most deserving but in reality George couldnt win because he couldnt get past that final 4, he couldnt win last time because Hayley pantsed him at final tribal.

Massively underselling Liz' game here IMO.

Got to think between the contestants and all the people who work on the production that someone will have loose lips. Also given how long it is between the final episode airing and when it actually takes place that someone close to the final three will work out if they won or not. Feel like the only way of stopping it would be delay the announcement of the winner and have a live show but that would take away from the moment.

Before COVID happened, they used to do the winner reveal live and they'd edit the show to look like JLP was coming back from the site to the studio to start going through the votes.

Guess the producers decided they didn't need to go to this additional expense and to keep the finalists waiting for the length of time required to do a live winner reveal. Apparently the filming occurred between August and September last year, so to have them holding on without knowing who won for six months would be a little difficult.

It was interesting that, apart from Jackie who was medically evacuated on day 2, a lot of new players were voted out (Anjali, Michael, Mimi, Rogue, Sarah, Fraser, Sharni and Paige were all voted out before the first returnee, Jordie, was voted out), and then the final three were comprised of first time players.

It was interesting that, apart from Jackie who was medically evacuated on day 2, a lot of new players were voted out (Anjali, Michael, Mimi, Rogue, Sarah, Fraser, Sharni and Paige were all voted out before the first returnee, Jordie, was voted out), and then the final three were comprised of first time players.
And the whole jury was returning players. Only one other first timer made it to merge (Zaharakis).

Of the 3 left she was clearly the best player , she had to deal with a tribe swap, and had to work others outside her alliance to stay in the game.

However claiming George's scalp was far fetched, Matt had the same idea, she was just a lot smarter than him to claim it as her own which is BS, anyone with half a brain would not take George with them to the end.

I don't get George's love for Gerry, even in the jury villa he talked him up, maybe he saw things we didn't, but Gerry was nothing more than a pawn for George.

The difference between Matt and Liz was they both had ideas on what to do, yet Liz was the only one who was prepared to speak up to her alliance, and did force things to happen differently.

Matt's biggest problem was he aligned with Gerry who had a hard on for George and left Matt nowhere to go in the end.

Jerry will go down as the worst player of all time

STFU George, let someone else talk and stop sucking everyone off
Agreed 100%, someone should've talked over the campaigner, preferably Simon... something like, yeah George whatever, you're irrelevant now and you'll never be sole survivor...then go on to ask Gerry what big moves or any moves can he say he owned!

Another angle but I would 100% be taking Gerry.

At final tribal I’d be saying he quit and openly acknowledged he didn’t deserve to win.

Absolutely slam dunk for Matt and Liz from here
Was really surprised no one said that, aIso was PO no one asked him what moves he could lay sole claim to, then when he starts mentioning Georges moves tell him ..nah mate that wasn't yours.
George putting that to only mat and Liz really annoyed me, someone like Simon should've been all over that after George asked it and asked the same of Gerry.

Of the 3 left she was clearly the best player , she had to deal with a tribe swap, and had to work others outside her alliance to stay in the game.

However claiming George's scalp was far fetched, Matt had the same idea, she was just a lot smarter than him to claim it as her own which is BS, anyone with half a brain would not take George with them to the end.

I don't get George's love for Gerry, even in the jury villa he talked him up, maybe he saw things we didn't, but Gerry was nothing more than a pawn for George.

The difference between Matt and Liz was they both had ideas on what to do, yet Liz was the only one who was prepared to speak up to her alliance, and did force things to happen differently.

Matt's biggest problem was he aligned with Gerry who had a hard on for George and left Matt nowhere to go in the end.
He needed to arc up more, just layed down and let Liz walk all over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back