FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Heroes vs Villains (Jan 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

1- of course Liz was in the conversation, the comment I was responding to was about why Gerry wasn’t criticized by George when Matt was. It had nothing to do with Liz.
2- yeh Matt and Liz did have the same game plans but they had very different games. Personally I valued Liz’ game as a bit better than Matts but individual mileage may vary and I thought that going into final tribal Liz would probably win 5-2
3- I’m not sure what huge advantage Liz had in the final challenge? Unless I’m misunderstanding you?
4- I’m not so sure about that. I suspect George had a lean toward Liz because she had just done more than Matt but that would have been solidified by her pitch being better and her answering questions better than Matt. I don’t agree with the theory that George went hard on Matt for any reason other than Matts answers were poor (and as already stated he didn’t do that with Gerry because Gerry wasn’t in the race).

she is lighter and has smaller feet. the final challenge suited her.

the point i was making is that liz didn't make a "big move" to get rid of george. george didn't challenge her on that.

she is lighter and has smaller feet. the final challenge suited her.

the point i was making is that liz didn't make a "big move" to get rid of george. george didn't challenge her on that.
Bit of a stretch, it was an endurance challenge, George has smaller feet and would weigh less than Matt, no one implied he had an advantage but fair enough, its a bit luck of the draw, i think Matt and Liz had one endurance challenge a piece in this season? And technically George had one too (albeit a team one with Hayley).

IMO (and i suppose opinions may and clearly do vary) Matt and Liz could have claimed voting George out (so could Gerry but who cares) based on the fact that it was both their plans to vote him out at final 2/3.

Ultimately George asked for an example of a move, Liz claimed George being voted out and articulated it really well, i would back her version as it aligns with what weve seen from watching the show AND that she needed to win that final immunity to force the vote off of her (which Gerry 100% would have done and Matt might have regardless of what he says). Matt also claimed it but didnt articulate anything, George then called him out on his claim of a "planned" move that never happened.

I've heard on the US version that they actually do the foot holds on the endurance challenges scaled to feet size now in the same way a lot of the holding up weights ones are done based on body weight.

I don't know if it is now the same here or not but I was surprised last season when Jordie beat Shay in a couple of those little girl challenges so may be.

TBH the thing I thought was the most unfair on that last challenge was that Matt was at the end that was getting a heap more spray from the ocean than the other two that went over 4 hours.

Is everyone watching the latest US Survivor? Caroline is absolutely nuts. Infinitely better to watch than flogeorge.

Is everyone watching the latest US Survivor? Caroline is absolutely nuts. Infinitely better to watch than flogeorge.
Just caught up on the first 5 eps, she is so out there, must have kicked long time drug use and is now a drug counselor.
The US versions to game show now I think, still ok to watch but just not as character oriented.
Enjoying it still but prefer ours.
So good not having to see Georges pedo stare, guys an absolute creep.

I am 3 hours into the 5 hour George podcast with Shannon Guss. It really is quite interesting hearing stuff that was on camera and off camera and his step by step account of the season.

I am 3 hours into the 5 hour George podcast with Shannon Guss. It really is quite interesting hearing stuff that was on camera and off camera and his step by step account of the season.

It truly is. He’s so into it. Love hearing these sort of accounts, particularly from someone intelligent and who lives and loves the game; really reinforces that what we see is very much narrative and TV driven. I didn’t really like George that much in BvB, he started to win me over toward the end of that season, but hats off, this one was truly a Masterclass.

Probably tumbleweeds for this post, but Season 6 (Champions vs Contenders 2) Alumni Matt Farrelly aka Grayson Waller now on the main roster of the biggest wrestling company in the world.

Champions? Matty Walhberg GIF by Australian Survivor

My recollection was he was a massive knob on the show right?

In challenges with the other tribe, he was in full blown pro wrestling mode, yeah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw they were doing a rewatch of brains v brawn on RHAP so started watching the season again too.

Watching it in real time I didn't like George and my memory was that he made some crazy moves early. On the re watch you can see they have really gone hard to give him a dodo edit in the first couple of eps. The deluded take that he had that he would have taken down Gavin Wangeneen in one of the tackling challenges aside, he has actually played a hell of a lot better early on than I recalled.

The twists later on in the season are never going to age well but given what the last few US seasons have thrown up, the twist at that first tribal council no longer triggers me. Emmett and the bike shorts however, still do. Some good old fashioned salt at the vote outs is great!

Just finished watching.

Liz claiming the "George hit" was a bold-faced lie, but what you'd expect from anyone debating for $500K.

Matt had always planned to take George out at some point, so was also putting on a front himself to not give that impression to George - like how Liz claimed she had been the only one masterfully doing.

Ultimately every player with a semblance of common sense would have landed on voting out George at final 4, so there was nothing worthy of any claim from anyone saying they cooked up some genius plan to get him out then, and all of them were on the same page of making out that they wanted to take him to final 3, but secretly going to blindside him beforehand.

I mean, they all voted for him, so how anyone could claim they were any more responsible is humerous.

Ultimately, they were all terribly weak players compared to arguably everyone on the jury, but Liz was the deserving winner in my opinion; the time where she read the room correctly and used the idol on Shonee and helped get David out was better gameplay in itself then anything the other 2 ever did.

Matt seemed like too nice of a guy to try and do the 'used car salesman' pitch that Liz came out with, trying to claim everything.

Probably would be kicking himself he didn't go a bit harder infront of the jury.

Also, this was my favourite moment from the season off the top of my head:

survivor australia.PNG

[Edit: finished reading through the last few pages and most of my sentiments had already been mentioned.]

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back