FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Heroes vs Villains (Jan 2023)

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Derp
jim carrey mask GIF

He really didn’t, michael did that all on his own, George didn’t do s**t, the “why you mad bro” s**t was just pathetic.
You hate George and it clouds your judgment.

He goaded Michael very calmly into showing what a dick he is.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
FfS when will people learn there is no need to play hard until merge.. tread water and play with the majority until then

You have to wonder do these people actually watch the show.

You don’t put a target on yourself. First step is to get to merge then play hard.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You hate George and it clouds your judgment.

He goaded Michael very calmly into showing what a dick he is.
I absolutely hate George but I can give credit where it’s due, it’s not due there, Michael bit on the asinine JLP question. If anyone sunk him it was the car dealer chick by disagreeing with him on the challenge and really letting him tie his own noose.

George’s why you angry bro didn’t do anything that wasn’t already done.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Also ten production has a lot to answer for for anyone thinking George did anything in tonight’s episode. They’ve robbed Shonee of being the one who planted, grew and worked the George as a shield idea to give herself another alliance member.

Why George got the “no one will remember your name” thing during the vote is beyond me.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I absolutely hate George but I can give credit where it’s due, it’s not due there, Michael bit on the asinine JLP question. If anyone sunk him it was the car dealer chick by disagreeing with him on the challenge and really letting him tie his own noose.

George’s why you angry bro didn’t do anything that wasn’t already done.
That was an illuminating demonstration of the social dynamics. The girls are banding together really strongly. George (and to a lesser extent Fraser) objectively was the reason they lost the challenge. Yet when she disagreed with Michael's 100% factual statement most of the tribe backed her up.

Obviously at that point anyone in Michael's position with any social awareness would backtrack and agree that they win as a team and lose as a team. Doubling down at tribal in the early merge is a recipe for disaster. I guess its easy to get flustered when you're actually there though.

JD888

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Without looking back through the thread, did anyone mention George’s confessional where his face looked like it had healed for at least a week post the demolition of the heroes tribe?

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
That was an illuminating demonstration of the social dynamics. The girls are banding together really strongly. George (and to a lesser extent Fraser) objectively was the reason they lost the challenge. Yet when she disagreed with Michael's 100% factual statement most of the tribe backed her up.

Obviously at that point anyone in Michael's position with any social awareness would backtrack and agree that they win as a team and lose as a team. Doubling down at tribal in the early merge is a recipe for disaster. I guess its easy to get flustered when you're actually there though.
100%, I think it’s mostly self preservation, people think about “what if it was me that cooks the next challenge” and thus wants to show some grace. Credit to George for taking the loss on the chin AFTER he got back to camp, that was a smart move (albeit after a dumb move biting at people trying to console him).

Ultimately Michael got a shovel and went to work. There was no need to state the obvious about the challenge and ABSOLUTELY no need to point the finger at George as the least trustworthy, that’s such an easy question to deflect.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This was a 10/10 episode. Loved everything about it, even the editing was good! So many awkward moments which i love, great quotes (if you want loyalty, get a dog! Stevie you were worth casting just for this quote) Shonee showing how good she is at Survivor, Simon showing how bad he is, Liz's faces, Mimi and Paige getting air time. Jordy not getting air time.
George is just something else, you go from what an idiot to cringe to yeah he is totally gone to how the * did he get himself out of that situation yet again while making me laugh hysterically (you mad bro? lol ). I know people go on about how much air time he gets but even if you didn't want to show him as much he makes himself a massive part of every episode and he is just great TV.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
This was a 10/10 episode. Loved everything about it, even the editing was good! So many awkward moments which i love, great quotes (if you want loyalty, get a dog! Stevie you were worth casting just for this quote) Shonee showing how good she is at Survivor, Simon showing how bad he is, Liz's faces, Mimi and Paige getting air time. Jordy not getting air time.
George is just something else, you go from what an idiot to cringe to yeah he is totally gone to how the * did he get himself out of that situation yet again while making me laugh hysterically (you mad bro? lol ). I know people go on about how much air time he gets but even if you didn't want to show him as much he makes himself a massive part of every episode and he is just great TV.
I don't think he really did anything to get himself out of that situation. Shonee did the work.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Like, he lost both members of his alliance, he made a dick of himself in the reward challenge and the camp raid, he butchered the challenge (after talking a big game and telling Stevie to sit down and s**t up) and then talked s**t to people telling him to keep his chin up, couldn’t get any traction to save himself at camp and somehow he’s STILL alive.

It’s staggering.

Last edited:
Back