FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave's lied and betrayed everyone multiple times, and then kicked Andy while he was down at tribal. I don't blame Andy for getting revenge. What goes around comes around.

Yeah it was a bit rich for Dave to call Andy a snake or a worm when he's also been dishonest and untrustworthy, giving Shaun a fake idol, putting on the tears after that reward challenge to cover up the fact he had found an idol, not to mention the fact that Andy gave both Dave and Luke an option to vote out Daisy and then they ended up using it against him. Dave said Andy was the 3rd best option to vote out last night behind Shaun and Daisy but if they had gone with Andy's plan a few episodes ago they could have already voted Daisy out, she's more of a threat with Shaun than Andy was.

Exactly right. Dave took an educated guess, whereas Andy made a desperate parting shot.

You could argue that Andy, or anyone with half a brain, could have taken an educated guess that Dave got an idol when he went to that reward challenge first and no one that went after him was able to find an idol or a clue.

Think you’re underestimating Baden, Harry and John who have made no enemies and are flying under the radar. Baden in particular seems to have a good grasp of what’s going on, none of the 3 are major challenge threats either but can hold their own.

I think we will see Janine/Pia vs David/Luke sooner rather than later. They both understand the need to make big moves and take out big threats early on. Champion strong makes sense until the final 6, but past that makes it incredibly tough.

Yeah I don't think Janine and Pia will be dumb enough to just go along with Dave's plan to pick all the contenders off knowing they will be next once they're all gone, they will try and take him out before it gets to that stage. Looked like they were going to try it last night but it didn't eventuate.

I agree with others that you've been a bit harsh on Harry and Baden (your Shaun the only Contender with any clue comment)
You're right, was unfair singling out Shaun as the only Contender with a clue. Harry and Baden are definitely switched on. Harry for his planned idol play for Casey (before she screwed it all up) and Baden for pleading with Daisy to wait one more vote before turning against Sam after the swap. Two alternate outcomes that would've changed the course of the game.

I singled out Shaun because he's proven himself a very astute strategist, even if he's basically dead in the water without Immunity from here on. It was his idea to split the vote between David & Hannah a few weeks back (which was genius), and his plan for Daisy to play her idol for Andy was spot-on. It would've worked, too - their 2 votes would have sent a Champion home (assuming David doesn't play his idol).

Alas, that's the game. Great players find a way to harness the ones who aren't as clued in (David and Luke are in another league at this) but I feel like Shaun and Harry have been hamstrung by bad players when it comes to making big moves. I guess that makes the Contenders a frustrating collective; if there was a bad option they could take post-swap, they took it. Turning an 11-7 advantage into a 5-6 disadvantage post-merge is as embarrassing as it gets.

Yep, she lets him dictate that it's Shaun/Daisy next vote, then flip with Harry, Baden, Shaun/Daisy, Pia and the last contender (mind blank) to go after Dave. Wonder how Luke will scramble after that actually. He's still my pick for the winner, I hope Harry and him are the last two.
I'd be happy with Luke and Harry as last two but think it's a long shot (each would see other as too much of a threat and unlikely to allow it to happen but stranger things have happened).

John is your mental blank.

Luke might need to scramble or Janine's play may fall flat - Dave has shown he's pretty cluey (in some respects such as seeing Janine find her clue) whilst supposedly clueless in others (being too arrogant with minority players). Those you listed should all be happy to vote Dave off but it only takes loose lips from one or Dave or Luke to read suspicious behaviour (most can't act like Pia) for Dave to play his idol and throw heat Janine's way.

Honestly see David going next. I think Simon could flip, he's the bottom of the totem pole at the Champs, and pull Abbey with him. They're the most boring pair of them all tbh.

Think you actually wait till it gets to the last 7-8 and then you flip. By then you are can be in a group of 4, that can go to final 4 and that is only where you need to be. From there it can become anyones game.

Your aim in Survivor is to get to merge then to get to final 4.

Hasn't seen the game before and won't be the initiator of any big moves so I can't see him winning in any way, shape or form.

John seems more interested in winning another parma than winning the prize money.

He doesn't seem that smart tactically or in general, last night he said he wanted to vote out Andy because he tried to throw a challenge while ignoring the fact that some of the champions he was going to vote with actually threw a challenge to vote out a fellow contender from his original tribe.

You're right, was unfair singling out Shaun as the only Contender with a clue. Harry and Baden are definitely switched on. Harry for his planned idol play for Casey (before she screwed it all up) and Baden for pleading with Daisy to wait one more vote before turning against Sam after the swap. Two alternate outcomes that would've changed the course of the game.

I singled out Shaun because he's proven himself a very astute strategist, even if he's basically dead in the water without Immunity from here on. It was his idea to split the vote between David & Hannah a few weeks back (which was genius), and his plan for Daisy to play her idol for Andy was spot-on. It would've worked, too - their 2 votes would have sent a Champion home (assuming David doesn't play his idol).

Alas, that's the game. Great players find a way to harness the ones who aren't as clued in (David and Luke are in another league at this) but I feel like Shaun and Harry have been hamstrung by bad players when it comes to making big moves. I guess that makes the Contenders a frustrating collective; if there was a bad option they could take post-swap, they took it. Turning an 11-7 advantage into a 5-6 disadvantage post-merge is as embarrassing as it gets.
Was great thinking by Shaun and could have been a real game changer

Unfortunately Daisy flinched under pressure and it will cost both of them imo

John seems more interested in winning another parma than winning the prize money.

He doesn't seem that smart tactically or in general, last night he said he wanted to vote out Andy because he tried to throw a challenge while ignoring the fact that some of the champions he was going to vote with actually threw a challenge to vote out a fellow contender from his original tribe.

He isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

I'd be happy with Luke and Harry as last two but think it's a long shot (each would see other as too much of a threat and unlikely to allow it to happen but stranger things have happened).

John is your mental blank.

Luke might need to scramble or Janine's play may fall flat - Dave has shown he's pretty cluey (in some respects such as seeing Janine find her clue) whilst supposedly clueless in others (being too arrogant with minority players). Those you listed should all be happy to vote Dave off but it only takes loose lips from one or Dave or Luke to read suspicious behaviour (most can't act like Pia) for Dave to play his idol and throw heat Janine's way.

Both ET and Ross said in their exit confessionals that they hoped Luke would win. He's got a great social game and a story to tell. If he is going to FTC, then the other person might as well just give up because I couldn't see how Luke can't win in those circumstances.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Shaun going full heel and stabbing Daisy in the back. She's clearly got the hots for him.

Agreed. Dave is manipulating everyone like a pro, no issue whatsoever with Andy throwing that bomb in at the end. He had no more proof of Dave having an idol than Dave had running around telling everyone Daisy found an idol after her reward, so it's completely fair game.

He and Luke chose to play that Tribal aggressively against Andy despite (clearly) having an insane majority against him. Seems like it was totally unnecessary to provoke him but they decided to go hard. In Survivor, every action tends to have a reaction; Andy likely walks out without saying anything if they weren't so aggressive. So it's hard to have sympathy for Dave if it unravels his game; he's chosen to play an aggressive strategic game and needs to accept the consequences (just as Andy ultimately paid for all his lies).

Feel for Shaun, who seems like the only Contender with any clue what's actually happening. The Contenders are a joke, epitomised by Daisy's nonsensical Sam boot a few weeks ago. It's resulted in 6 consecutive Contender boots and a clear path for the Champions to pagong the rest. This is what happens when you cast a bunch of people who've never seen the show -- the sad part is that the post-merge would likely be far more unpredictable with a Contender majority, unlike the tedious 'Champion Strong' crap we've seen for two seasons now. It's likely going to be a boring pagonging for 3-4 episodes now until Luke/Dave and Janine/Abbey/Pia turn against each another.

Nah, I think Andy would still have thrown the bomb at his boot because he was probably nursing a grudge for Luke and David not believing him when he told them moments before they left for Tribal that the other players were gunning for David in the episode where Luke and David played their idols.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Janine and Pia will cut Abby lose soon since they both want to play a strategic game and Abby’s only strategy is champion strong.

Based on her confessional early in the episode last night, Janine seems clued in to Pia's strategy so it could be a question of whether Janine tries to use Abbey, Simon and possibly Harry to get rid of Pia.

Andy showed his true colours at the challenge when he dived off the podium to avoid a bucketful of water when he threw the towel in for a (not that great) reward, good riddance.
the reward might not have been that great (I can't remember what Andy got) but part of it is assessing whether you are actually a chance to win the challenge and how much you have left in the tank. At least he got something for stepping off, unlike Dave who stuffed up bigger and got nothing.

However only one of them is still in the hunt for a bigger prize and it's definitely my preferred of the two.

Both ET and Ross said in their exit confessionals that they hoped Luke would win. He's got a great social game and a story to tell. If he is going to FTC, then the other person might as well just give up because I couldn't see how Luke can't win in those circumstances.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Shaun going full heel and stabbing Daisy in the back. She's clearly got the hots for him.
Is bolded what you want to happen or expect to happen? I would have thought turning on the one person least like to turn on him would be bad play when he's already short on numbers. I can only see it happening if it's an act of self preservation / desperation.

Yes, because they should be robots. It's the same s**t as the family visits.

Nothing to do with being robots. They are told to immediately leave tribal council. Not turn around and wish everyone all the best for the future or kept playing the game by telling the rest of the tribe information such as who has an idol.

the reward might not have been that great (I can't remember what Andy got) but part of it is assessing whether you are actually a chance to win the challenge and how much you have left in the tank. At least he got something for stepping off, unlike Dave who stuffed up bigger and got nothing.

However only one of them is still in the hunt for a bigger prize and it's definitely my preferred of the two.
Agree, but he didn't step off, unlike most of the others, he dived forwards to avoid a soaking, actually cracked me up at the time.

Filthy Sanchez's Power Rankings

Goddammit Daisy, what the hell was that? Shaun has the perfect strategy to get you two off the bottom of my rankings but noooo you just couldn’t play logically could you?
If Daisy went with Shaun’s strategy then she would’ve been sent home (Daisy plays idol for Andy, Dave gets spooked and plays his own idol, remaining vote is on Daisy). So I wouldn’t call it the perfect strategy,

If Daisy went with Shaun’s strategy then she would’ve been sent home (Daisy plays idol for Andy, Dave gets spooked and plays his own idol, remaining vote is on Daisy). So I wouldn’t call it the perfect strategy,

Yeah fair, except if you were to do this you could’ve clued Andy in and made that vote 2 on David 1 on Luke.

Who won last season again? ;)
But like. Last year was a bitter jury. Other than Simon, Abbey and John being similar characters to that of said bitter jury, we have 8 genuine game players who post likely won't be swayed by that.

But like. Last year was a bitter jury. Other than Simon, Abbey and John being similar characters to that of said bitter jury, we have 8 genuine game players who post likely won't be swayed by that.

People don't get bitter until they get voted out.

If Harry cuts a heap of their throats and is sitting at the end with good bloke John then I wouldn't have a lot of faith in the jury to get it right.

It would need the right circumstances for John to win but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back