I am the 72.1%
Aug 25, 2008
Not In Portland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont
Sorry Survivor Australia fans, Luke Toki doesn’t deserve your money
Australia, we’ve got it wrong — and in rallying behind Survivor favourite Luke Toki, we’ve missed a crucial point that cannot be ignored.

Suggesting Luke lost because he didn't have a social game is an, um, interesting take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Smaller Warrior

Bigger than Jesus #magic
Mar 21, 2007
Adelaide, Glenelg
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Port Adelaide Magpies
Wonder if Flick will talk up how she was the strategic queen in her series
Despite according to The Smaller Warrior that she had to be coached and have things explained to her and why it was good to do this and that :tearsofjoy:
Almost certainly. I hope Brooke takes her to town, but I worry they may work together again

trueblue_91

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
i think therefore I am
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Arsenal

Dixie Flatline

Saviour Sam
Jun 3, 2005
Leafy eastern suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cartagena C.F., NYJ, A's
Sorry Survivor Australia fans, Luke Toki doesn’t deserve your money
Australia, we’ve got it wrong — and in rallying behind Survivor favourite Luke Toki, we’ve missed a crucial point that cannot be ignored.

I gave at the office. ;)

Survivor’s Luke Toki has surpassed winning prize with viral GoFundMe
After a heartbreaking elimination, dad-of-three Luke Toki has come out on top, surpassing the winner’s prize money — and counting.

That Kerri Sackville article on why Luke doesn't deserve the money made zero sense.

Luke's social game was absolutely peerless and - combined with the immunity challenge wins he scored - allowed him to reach top four. Even Simon, for goodness' sake, pegged him as someone who could not be taken to final tribal council episodes ago and yet Luke was able to survive until top four. Had Luke won Survivor it would have been a season for the ages, but unfortunately he lost the crucial challenge he needed to win (it's hard to win three immunity challenges in a row).

Good on him.

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
That Kerri Sackville article on why Luke doesn't deserve the money made zero sense.

Luke's social game was absolutely peerless and - combined with the immunity challenge wins he scored - allowed him to reach top four. Even Simon, for goodness' sake, pegged him as someone who could not be taken to final tribal council episodes ago and yet Luke was able to survive until top four. Had Luke won Survivor it would have been a season for the ages, but unfortunately he lost the crucial challenge he needed to win (it's hard to win three immunity challenges in a row).

Good on him.
Even if Luke had beaten Harry for that immunity challenge it would have then been Harry or Pia go home instead of Luke. No way I can see Luke beating Baden in that final challenge (Luke much heavier and Baden has enough arm strength (think the monkey bars challenge) to lighten the pressure on his feet) and then it would have been Luke voted out at final 3 instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chicago1

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2001
No longer Trumpland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
We had to study the book Looking for Alibrandi in high school, like year 7 or 8, and the movie came out at that stage. Things that make you feel old thread....
I think it was a required Year 9 text back in '98 and/or '99 at my school. I missed out since I taught VCE English at that stage. I first saw the film earlier this year online. I borrowed a copy of the novel from a fellow former teacher, but haven't started it yet. YouTube and Big Footy, you know... :)

My brother in the states texted me today about Luke's GoFundMe page. Apparently his story was on the news there. Americans I post with on another site who watched this season really enjoyed it and agree that Luke seems to be one of the most likeable Survivors ever.

Top Bottom