FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get that he was entertaining, but I have no idea how Luke qualifies as a "champion"

He's a champion meat shield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Saw her on an ad for Australian Ninja Warrior.
I saw Lydia advertised for Ninja warrior too. I think she was supposed to be on last night but I missed most of it. Anyone know if she was on? (If she was then she didn't do well as she wasn't in the top 18 that went through to semi final.)

Update: after posting I googled it and found she bombed out on 2nd obstacle. (I googled Lydia Ninja Warrior and found it on YouTube).

Luke should be with the contenders. He's actually a really good player and putting a good player with the Champions will be what's his name last year all over again because nobody will work with him and kick him out straight away.

Yeah, Luke is going to have to work very hard to create an alliance early on in the piece to avoid being eliminated, like Russell was eliminated last season.

I also hope that the challenges lend themselves to the Contenders tribe a bit better than the early challenges last season. From what I recall of last season, the Champions had a pretty significant advantage in the immunity challenges because a lot of them were based around physicality, and apart from the ex-gladiator, Heath and the bloke who had a hard on for Lydia, the contenders team didn't have many players who could match it physically with the Champions tribe.

They obviously haven't taken the US route of casting eye candy this season

Browsing the Survivor sub-reddit, it's interesting to see how many comments there are from non-Australian fans of the show about the apparent lack of diversity in the participants in Australian Survivor.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Browsing the Survivor sub-reddit, it's interesting to see how many comments there are from non-Australian fans of the show about the apparent lack of diversity in the participants in Australian Survivor.
It is a very white cast, but so is tv in general in Australia.

That said, US culture seems to be more sensitive to that given their history of slavery and the civil rights movement, and without actually looking it up I think US Survivor over-represents minorities when compared to their percentage of the population because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back