Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Zoolanders idol find might have been rigged (it was 100 percent a clue if he didnt go first) but i dont care, that popcorn scene and subsequent 10 mins of him ignoring his family, stuffing his face and then doing the fake tears was better than any academy award performance will go down as my greatest moment in survivor watching history! Just keep him around til the final 4 please producers!
Surely they wouldn't interfere with the game like that? I'm probably naive but the payoff from helping Dave surely wouldn't be worth the reputation damage if it got leaked.
I can definitely buy them setting up that reward wanting an another idol in play and knowing that David, Luke and Andy are the only ones who'd go to that lengths to find the idol, but I don't count that as the same as changing their production decisions based on the order the Champions chose to send people in for the reward.

He's absolutely bossing this game. He's the one to beat at the moment.

Further compounded by the fact he's playing with outright morons. If none of them clicked onto why they had to go separate, they all deserve to go home. And if Andy thought an idol or clue was there, he should have spoken up.

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Further compounded by the fact he's playing with outright morons. If none of them clicked onto why they had to go separate, they all deserve to go home. And if Andy thought an idol or clue was there, he should have spoken up.

Mate, Shaun saw the popcorn on the floor. "Oh Dave must've been hungry". Really lol.

Hopefully Matt and Harry get the information across that they threw the last challenge. It sucks that my favourite champions are in the minority on one side, and the genuinely best player of the contenders on the other. Unless there's an early merge we'll see Harry and Luke probably go before merge.

If they lose the challenge on Sunday it'll be interesting to see how David plays it. Ugh! I want even numbers at merge!

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surely they wouldn't interfere with the game like that? I'm probably naive but the payoff from helping Dave surely wouldn't be worth the reputation damage if it got leaked.
I can definitely buy them setting up that reward wanting an another idol in play and knowing that David, Luke and Andy are the only ones who'd go to that lengths to find the idol, but I don't count that as the same as changing their production decisions based on the order the Champions chose to send people in for the reward.
Reality TV might not be rigged but its twigged to keep it interesting i am sure. Almost every time they do something like this they have a clue but once they saw the order i think a producer might have said.. we need to put the idol there instead of a clue, they had the time so i think that's what happened.
I dont mind because in the end the players have to vote for the winner and you cant rig that.

5453f03c6ea158d9f1f0d58b8487921a
044110b2a96b338b33e2cb776315b3fc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Matt and Harry get the information across that they threw the last challenge. It sucks that my favourite champions are in the minority on one side, and the genuinely best player of the contenders on the other. Unless there's an early merge we'll see Harry and Luke probably go before merge.

If they lose the challenge on Sunday it'll be interesting to see how David plays it. Ugh! I want even numbers at merge!

I reckon Luke might be safe for just a little bit longer.

The contenders will stack all their votes on David next thinking he doesn't have an idol anymore. David and Luke put a vote on one of the others and send them home.

I reckon Luke might be safe for just a little bit longer.

The contenders will stack all their votes on David next thinking he doesn't have an idol anymore. David and Luke put a vote on one of the others and send them home.
Nah I think Andy will convince them to split. 3 on David, 2 on Luke, David plays the idol, their two votes go on Shaun. The 4 remaining go on Luke. Or David tells Shaun and Daisy that Andy wanted to vote Daisy off and they try to pin it on him.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Casey might genuinely be the worst contestant I have seen on the history of survivor.

Has she never seen the show before? There was no way they would carry her through, especially after throwing a challenge. It was always a champions strong vote and yet she acted so shocked when they voted her off.

I don't yell at the TV.

But last night yelling when Andy turned, and tonight when Casey not only ruined her game, but also Matts, and Harrys, and potential the Contenders.

Abomination

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Melbourne
Congrats to the producers for assembling what could possibly be the dumbest group of players ever seen on the show -- the 2019 Contenders tribe. Where do you begin with the breathless stupidity on display since their dominant pre-swap performance? Through their own stupidity they've cannibalized their own tribe and handed control of both tribes to the enemy. All topped off with letting David enjoy that reward first, when anyone who has seen Survivor knew what was up with that reward (this exact same scenario occurred at the Mexican feast last season!)

I'll give David credit only in the same way you'd give Boston Rob credit for running rings around a bunch of amateurs in Redemption Island. It's easy to control a group of people with no idea how to play the game. We've had consecutive episodes of Contenders bizarrely sabotaging their own tribe's plans to save a Champion, you almost wonder if they're production plants to create drama. If this was a savvy group of Survivor players, David would've been out ages ago. Not discounting he's a great character but that idol in the popcorn was as close to production interference as I've seen (since when were actual idols hidden at rewards like that, rather than clues? Convenient...)

For fairness sake I hope the favour is returned to Harry at the other beach because nothing could be more boring than watching the Champions just pagong the Contenders all the way from here to the final 7 (which is looking increasing likely), doubly so when they're just throwing challenges to vote them out. I hate when a majority alliance throws a challenge to pick off a minority and I really hate that they edited this episode to make us think the plan would rightfully backfire on them -- only for it to work out swimmingly. Throwing challenges should always result in bad karma from the Survivor Gods, so hopefully it's just temporarily delayed.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Both tribes playing right into Dave's hands tonight, his own tribe giving him a free hit at finding another idol by stupidly letting him go to the cinema first and then the other tribe throwing a challenge just to save him from being voted out. They will be feeling pretty stupid when they realise he's just been playing them all for fools, Luke excepted, although they really should be aware of that already.

Another great tribal tonight though with the ex-Champions getting called out for throwing a challenge and then Casey getting called out for lagging on them and lying about it, glad she got her comeuppance by being voted off although I would rather it was Janine who is getting more irritating with each episode. Respect to Harry and Matt with how they went about it tonight, hopefully they can find a way to survive but they are really up against it on that tribe being in the minority and facing an uphill battle to win challenges now with a weaker tribe where some of the people in it aren't even trying to win. They need to find another idol or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back