FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gees people over analyse things. Its a cast of 24 with 26 episodes. Its just like a giant drama like TV show. There are stars and there are bit part actors, The stars are stars for a reason. Sometimes the star dies early, sometimes its the bit part player.
As far as i am concerned this season has been the greatest entertainment i have seen this year and only wish it was every night
Just watch and enjoy and you will get less stressed over stupid things

I get what you're saying, and trust me i dont lose any sleep over what happens on the show.

But over prizemoney worth hundreds of thousands of $$, would be more than a tad pissed if i was a contestant and someone else was just being "handed" a hidden idol.

But im not a contestant, so i dont really care.

I get what you're saying, and trust me i dont lose any sleep over what happens on the show.

But over prizemoney worth hundreds of thousands of $$, would be more than a tad pi**ed if i was a contestant and someone else was just being "handed" a hidden idol.

But im not a contestant, so i dont really care.
In this case is tribe told him to go first. so he wasnt "handed" an idol, I am suggesting that it was probably a clue not an idol until the producers saw who was going first. It was still a huge advantage and also the tribe realised that they made a mistake when they thought about it. I could be wrong, it could have been an idol all the time. I dont care. am loving it

I was assuming too the popcorn machine would not have been able to be opened in such a way all the popcorn would come out.

So therefore whoever just happened to come in maybe 3rd or 4th, depending on how much was eaten, then they would get it.

But oh no just "pull up some glass, popcorn falls out, get an idol" Please.

He was handed an idol. Having an idol in such an easy place to find, when you are on your own, is complete, utter bulls**t.

Yeah it was all a bit suss but if his tribe wasn't silly enough to allow him to go first someone else may have found it, although Luke and Andy seemed to be the only other ones looking for it, the rest were more interested in just pigging out and watching their family's messages.

Yeah it was all a bit suss but if his tribe wasn't silly enough to allow him to go first someone else may have found it, although Luke and Andy seemed to be the only other ones looking for it, the rest were more interested in just pigging out and watching their family's messages.

Only fair way to decide order in that situation would be to have a quick draw of numbers.

Sure it could have been a clue, it could have been hidden better..

But the tribe still decided to let him go first, that's a variable the producers can't control.

So i'm happy with the outcome of him getting the idol, luck of the game.

Just like it was shitty luck for him and Luke to end up as the only two champions on a contenders majority tribe.

And clue should have been in a cone in an ice cream.
Popcorn was much too obvious.

Or hey a CLUE to an idol should have been given by each of the loved ones! Therefore pricks like David not listening would have been hindered.

If it was so obvious it would have been the first place they looked, it seemed that David checked everywhere before opening the popcorn booth

I was assuming too the popcorn machine would not have been able to be opened in such a way all the popcorn would come out.

So therefore whoever just happened to come in maybe 3rd or 4th, depending on how much was eaten, then they would get it.

Explain how Daisy sending David first saw him get the idol handed to him?

Yeah, being able to open the popcorn machine door was the only downside IMO. It was close to being really well done. I've always wanted Survivor to play a bit more with contestants having dilemmas regarding individual vs team benefit. Ideally I would love to see a set up similar to this popcorn cinema thing, but instead make it something like a liquid in a long tall vessel that everyone can drink from one by one, with an idol or clue floating at the top, and the only way to reach it is to empty the vessel completely, leaving none for those coming after you. Would the first person be brave enough to leave nothing to the rest in order to get the idol? Could be interesting..

My issue with the Australian version of this reward challenge is that there's SO much food that nobody misses out, and the only advantage of going first is that you'll get the clue, and then the order after that doesn't matter. In the US versions, there's a lot of trust put in people going early to not eat all of the very limited food and to leave enough for everyone. Probably not a huge thing in the grand scheme of things, but it is an interesting layer that can cause fractures to tribe dynamics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue with the Australian version of this reward challenge is that there's SO much food that nobody misses out, and the only advantage of going first is that you'll get the clue, and then the order after that doesn't matter. In the US versions, there's a lot of trust put in people going early to not eat all of the very limited food and to leave enough for everyone. Probably not a huge thing in the grand scheme of things, but it is an interesting layer that can cause fractures to tribe dynamics.
I believe it was Nachos in Benjis season, and the clue was under the table. Similar to HHH. But there was limited food there.

I believe it was Nachos in Benjis season, and the clue was under the table. Similar to HHH. But there was limited food there.

0b187f4fa2112f71e277d37f8f2ab34a-560500.gif

Yeah, being able to open the popcorn machine door was the only downside IMO. It was close to being really well done. I've always wanted Survivor to play a bit more with contestants having dilemmas regarding individual vs team benefit. Ideally I would love to see a set up similar to this popcorn cinema thing, but instead make it something like a liquid in a long tall vessel that everyone can drink from one by one, with an idol or clue floating at the top, and the only way to reach it is to empty the vessel completely, leaving none for those coming after you. Would the first person be brave enough to leave nothing to the rest in order to get the idol? Could be interesting..
I guarantee not a single person would think twice about it and the very first one would empty it. And rightly so.

And clue should have been in a cone in an ice cream.
Popcorn was much too obvious.

Or hey a CLUE to an idol should have been given by each of the loved ones! Therefore pricks like David not listening would have been hindered.
Everyone always complains about the soppy family visits/messages and we finally get one where no one cares and actively ignores it to search for a clue but you want them all to sit down, watch and listen?

The idol spot was fine, I imagine the idea was that the next person would figure it out with all the popcorn on the floor but Hampson was too thick and just thought David was hungry

David, whilst entertaining, has basically been a tool for Luke. AK was at the bottom of an alliance, flipped it on its head and then basically got f’ed on by a tribe swap and despite that still managed to make a move that almost saw him stick around. He's comfortably the best payer we've seen, it was only a bitter Tara that f’ed him.
I’ll give you Luke, but I think he’s been on par with David at the very best this season.

But AK? Give me a spell. The only reason he was at the bottom in the first place is because he imploded his game at the very beginning.

And David has been shafted by twists twice as well.

Yeah that was more limited than the endless popcorn/ice creams but it was still a huge plate, I recall in some US Survivor seasons there's been much less and they needed to show a lot of restraint not to finish it off in one go.

fu** Janine and her mango magic right off. Such an annoying condescending flog
Laughable how they claim she’s not in charge.
I’m tipping Ross and Simon have never watched survivor before, because nobody familiar with the game would want to go to merge with Janine, Abby and Pia who won’t turn on each other at any stage.

I’ll give you Luke, but I think he’s been on par with David at the very best this season.

But AK? Give me a spell. The only reason he was at the bottom in the first place is because he imploded his game at the very beginning.

And David has been shafted by twists twice as well.
By voting out someone in a rival alliance only to find out that they weren't voted out of Survivor? He was at the bottom of his original alliance because he was biding his time and then when the opportunity presented itself he got a few of his tribe mates to flip along with Tessa and break up the majority alliance. The very next tribal he got screwed over by the person they successfully targeted getting shifted to the other camp, and then by the tribe swap were he only had one alliance member to two on his rival alliance, one of which had time to create a relationship with players on the opposing tribe and make him out (correctly, mind) that he was the biggest threat in the game, and yet he still almost got out of it.

AK was a brilliant player and if he had one, just one, more alliance member with him at the swap he would have gone much deeper.

After not being a fan of this format last season, I am absolutely loving this season.

A few quick notes from tonight:

1. Really bad play by Casey IMO. With her knowing the votes were going on Harry, who did she think a split would be on? If she had stuck with Harry/Matt, then Abbie would be going home, and she would be safe.

2. I am really enjoying the 1 v 1 challenges, allowing fun narratives to build over time, such as Luke vs Matt at most challenges. This is something that I miss in the US version

3. Only 4 girls left in the game, but three of them (Janine, Pia, Abbie) are running rings around everyone else. Real power trio, who I can see running the table.

4. David is incredible entertainment. My god. I really hope he is in for the long haul (along with Luke).

5. Loved the champions throwing the challenge, and then using their honour as an argument for why they didn't throw it. So conniving! I have so much respect for them all now

By voting out someone in a rival alliance only to find out that they weren't voted out of Survivor? He was at the bottom of his original alliance because he was biding his time and then when the opportunity presented itself he got a few of his tribe mates to flip along with Tessa and break up the majority alliance. The very next tribal he got screwed over by the person they successfully targeted getting shifted to the other camp, and then by the tribe swap were he only had one alliance member to two on his rival alliance, one of which had time to create a relationship with players on the opposing tribe and make him out (correctly, mind) that he was the biggest threat in the game, and yet he still almost got out of it.

AK was a brilliant player and if he had one, just one, more alliance member with him at the swap he would have gone much deeper.
So you’re saying he didn’t implode his game at the beginning by playing far too hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back