FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By voting out someone in a rival alliance only to find out that they weren't voted out of Survivor? He was at the bottom of his original alliance because he was biding his time and then when the opportunity presented itself he got a few of his tribe mates to flip along with Tessa and break up the majority alliance. The very next tribal he got screwed over by the person they successfully targeted getting shifted to the other camp, and then by the tribe swap were he only had one alliance member to two on his rival alliance, one of which had time to create a relationship with players on the opposing tribe and make him out (correctly, mind) that he was the biggest threat in the game, and yet he still almost got out of it.

AK was a brilliant player and if he had one, just one, more alliance member with him at the swap he would have gone much deeper.

He did play badly on the first couple of days, but managed to recover and be brilliant as you describe. I'm still bitter about him getting screwed by the non-elim vote + tribe swap

So you’re saying he didn’t implode his game at the beginning by playing far too hard?
I don't think so. He made the right moves at the right times and if it weren't for the non-elimination he would have easily made merge with a majority alliance and probably makes top 7 where his alliance members probably flip on him because there's no way they win next to him.
He did play badly on the first couple of days, but managed to recover and be brilliant as you describe. I'm still bitter about him getting screwed by the non-elim vote + tribe swap
It robbed us of one of the best game players I've seen. He would have done so well in the US version.

Dave stuffed up. If he had of gone along with Andy, they only waste one idol and Daisy goes home.

Yeah Andy's a convenient whipping boy, but from what we saw they didn't mention Shaun at all to him. As far as he was concerned, they'd all agreed to vote Daisy and if Luke and Dave had gone with that, they'd be a lot better off.

That was Luke's biggest mistake, would have been a BOS move to not play his idol. Those first votes were very much WTF??!

He's had his bad moments so far as the token biggest ever Survivor fan that we're all supposed roll our eyes at, but Andy didn't stuff up; Luke and Dave did. Not only did they have an option to get nearly as big a target as Shaun out; they alienated a potential number who was trying to help them for no real reason in stubbornly sticking with the Shaun vote.

5. Loved the champions throwing the challenge, and then using their honour as an argument for why they didn't throw it. So conniving! I have so much respect for them all now

Really? I hated it, you basically knew the other tribe was going to win the challenge so it takes away some of the drama and it's unfair on the other tribe members that are still trying to win it. They didn't even do a good job of hiding the fact that they were throwing the challenge, hence why Harry was onto them.

I can understand the reasons why they did it but I still don't respect it as a tactic and was hoping it backfired on them with one of them getting voted out.

They should just vote Matt out if they are tanking
100% agree. I thought it was very poor form to cut the throat of Casey when she fed them info. Means she's not around to feed them more info pre or post merge. When they've already tanked, they may as well get rid of a contender challenge threat as it helps champions' odds of winning indiv immunity post merge.

I can only assume most of Shaun's reaction to the popcorn on the floor was edited out. Taking forever to open the 'idol' from Dave aside he's not that silly. Baden reddit posts had Shaun clued in enough last ep that Luke might have an idol and hence votes on Hannah.

Baden and Dave surprised me the most on the monkey bars (Baden as not that physical, Dave as presumably a lot of weight to support).

Loved Matt's clip about loyalty. Hated that he then voted Harry. If he was going to vote Harry, don't do the song and dance. Makes me wonder if Harry told him to vote for him so others are more likely to trust him and Harry's banking on finding another idol??

That Henry 'Zen Hen' guy was an absolute ripper too. His gameplay reminded me a lot of a more subtle Dave.
Henry was an excellent player. I mean the whole Yoga thing was hilarious to watch

Sure it could have been a clue, it could have been hidden better..

But the tribe still decided to let him go first, that's a variable the producers can't control.

So i'm happy with the outcome of him getting the idol, luck of the game.

Just like it was s**tty luck for him and Luke to end up as the only two champions on a contenders majority tribe.

This. What are the odds the tribe picks him to go first? I would have said only slightly longer to the odds of them picking someone besides Shaun to join them a few episodes back. An unbelievable decision.

Henry was an excellent player. I mean the whole Yoga thing was hilarious to watch
And other than completely ******* up the Super idol (both parts) Ziggy was a good player too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Yeah, that's just stretching though; that's not yoga." Henry's equivalent of some of Dave's 'foolhardy' moves.

When you measure up risk/reward, I don't remember it actually helping him at all, but he was good enough that it didn't ultimately hurt him either (as far as I can remember). I wanted to dislike him and ended up loving him, just like Dave.

Makes me wonder if Harry told him to vote for him so others are more likely to trust him and Harry's banking on finding another idol??

That's what I was thinking too. Hoping Harry can hang in there. Him and Dave have made this season for mine.

Loved Matt's clip about loyalty. Hated that he then voted Harry. If he was going to vote Harry, don't do the song and dance. Makes me wonder if Harry told him to vote for him so others are more likely to trust him and Harry's banking on finding another idol??

Wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happened.

I wonder if by the end of the next season we'll have enough good players for an "all star" season. I didn't really watch S1 but I think there'd be enough from the past 3 to make it good. Other than last season having like 2 good players.

Question for resident Survivor experts : If 2 x immunity idols are played at a tribal council, do 2 get replaced for the same tribe, or do they split em up 1 per tribe ?
Not 100% on this but I half expect there to be one at each tribe now.And I expect Luke and Harry to find them.

Question for resident Survivor experts : If 2 x immunity idols are played at a tribal council, do 2 get replaced for the same tribe, or do they split em up 1 per tribe ?
They usually go back to the beach that they came from, so that it makes it fair on all tribes with an equal number of the idols on each tribe. So it would be safe to say that Harry's idol is back on Contenders beach. As for David and Luke's idols, I don't know which exact idol David found again.

Idols are not usually given out at rewards, I can't remember a time it was, unless it was after the merge. It's usually an idol clue that we have seen at rewards and feasts prior to merge, not the idol itself. The clue always related back to somewhere at the camp/beach.

So given David's new idol, I'd assume that there are two unfound idols back at camp (one at each camp), and there were probably put back moments after they were used.

How bad would it be if Matt and Harry tell the other old contenders that Janine and co threw the challenge and both teams compete to throw the next immunity challenge!

Best way to fix it would be winning team gets to choose (by simple majority) which tribe goes to tribal council.

Really? I hated it, you basically knew the other tribe was going to win the challenge so it takes away some of the drama and it's unfair on the other tribe members that are still trying to win it. They didn't even do a good job of hiding the fact that they were throwing the challenge, hence why Harry was onto them.

I can understand the reasons why they did it but I still don't respect it as a tactic and was hoping it backfired on them with one of them getting voted out.

It was great strategy by Janine and co, as I think it clearly is much better for their games in the long run. The execution of the challenge throw wasn't fantastic, but it might have been a hard one to do subtly (they definitely could have done a better job).

I understand why people have a visceral reaction to it though.

Yeah Andy's a convenient whipping boy, but from what we saw they didn't mention Shaun at all to him. As far as he was concerned, they'd all agreed to vote Daisy and if Luke and Dave had gone with that, they'd be a lot better off.

That was Luke's biggest mistake, would have been a BOS move to not play his idol. Those first votes were very much WTF??!

He's had his bad moments so far as the token biggest ever Survivor fan that we're all supposed roll our eyes at, but Andy didn't stuff up; Luke and Dave did. Not only did they have an option to get nearly as big a target as Shaun out; they alienated a potential number who was trying to help them for no real reason in stubbornly sticking with the Shaun vote.
In their defence though... Andy does have really beady eyes

It may have already been posted, but Andy wrote a blog post explaining and breaking down the idea behind the move:

While his social game has been far from good, I think the strategy behind this move, as well as the coin "randomiser" move, were both very savvy. These will go largely unappreciated because of his poor social game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back