FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon having a charmed run so far, was set to be voted off before the tribe swap and again tonight until Ross had to leave, now the merge will save him again.
Simon wouldn't have been voted out tonight. Janine and Pia are too smart to go through with voting off a loyal servant (Simon) and going into the merge at 6-6 instead of keeping a 7-5 advantage. Particularly given they previously threw a challenge to ensure the Champions could keep numbers - do you really think they would throw a challenge to ensure a Contender goes home (and to protect far less aligned Luke/Dave), only to vote out Simon a few days later who will seemingly blindly follow them?

My guess is that conversation was had to somewhat calm Harry/try to prevent him playing an idol if they had to go to tribal council and has been shown to create a more interesting post-merge dynamic between Harry and the original Champions (if I had to guess, they will try to use Harry to pull in Andy so that the Champions win the post-merge vote).

No doubt Simon lucked out with the timing of the tribe swap as he was almost certainly next, but I would say he had a less than 10% chance of actually being voted out tonight.

In my mind, at this point only Baden, John, Pia or Luke can win (barring Shaun going on an immunity run). The rest have already either damaged their reputation, would lose final tribal or will be cut before they get there (due to threat status).

Last edited:
Series is well set up . So good that all the main players made the merge.

Hopefully it lives up to expectations from here !

Simon wouldn't have been voted out tonight. Janine and Pia are too smart to go through with voting off a loyal servant (Simon) and going into the merge at 6-6 instead of keeping a 7-5 advantage. Particularly given they previously threw a challenge to ensure the Champions could keep numbers - do you really think they would throw a challenge to ensure a Contender goes home (and to protect far less aligned Luke/Dave), only to vote out Simon a few days later who will seemingly blindly follow them?

My guess is that conversation was had to somewhat calm Harry/try to prevent him playing an idol if they had to go to tribal council and has been shown to create a more interesting post-merge dynamic between Harry and the original Champions (if I had to guess, they will try to use Harry to pull in Andy so that the Champions win the post-merge vote).

No doubt Simon lucked out with the timing of the tribe swap as he was almost certainly next, but I would say he had a less than 10% chance of actually being voted out tonight.

In my mind, at this point only Baden, John, Pia or Luke can win (barring Shaun going on an immunity run). The rest have already either damaged their reputation, would lose final tribal or will be cut before they get there (due to threat status).
I suspect Janine and Pia would have been setting Simon up as part of the split vote. Majority votes Harry, minority Simon in case Harry plays an idol, the bonus being that if Harry had an idol and was dumb enough not to play it (he's not that dumb) he would go home instead of Simon. Agree it will be used by producers after the merge to have us think Harry might be working with them.

I know accidents happen but if that rope did break under Rossi's weight then someone on the TV crew needs the flick
Ross can be heard on audio saying "the rope broke" but going back on slow mo, the way the rope came down a bit delayed I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't tied properly and came loose, making someone in production even less competent.

I suspect Janine and Pia would have been setting Simon up as part of the split vote. Majority votes Harry, minority Simon in case Harry plays an idol, the bonus being that if Harry had an idol and was dumb enough not to play it (he's not that dumb) he would go home instead of Simon. Agree it will be used by producers after the merge to have us think Harry might be working with them.

Janine and Pia voting Simon out last night over Harry had about as much chance of happening as them placing all 5 votes on Harry.

Ross can be heard on audio saying "the rope broke" but going back on slow mo, the way the rope came down a bit delayed I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't tied properly and came loose, making someone in production even less competent.
That's what it looked like to me as well

Looked like the rope wasn't tied properly, it just snapped easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else thinking Baden will win? Judging by past Aus survivor winners, it’s the quiet, unassuming ones that win. Baden is surprisingly effective at challenges, hasn’t made any enemies at either camp, and people won’t see him as threat. Easy top 5, likely top 3, quite possible win.

Anyone else thinking Baden will win? Judging by past Aus survivor winners, it’s the quiet, unassuming ones that win. Baden is surprisingly effective at challenges, hasn’t made any enemies at either camp, and people won’t see him as threat. Easy top 5, likely top 3, quite possible win.

Yeah I can see him skating through to win it Bradbury style after all the big dogs take each other out.

I've been watching this delayed and have just been skimming this thread, but did I miss something or was Janine's idol play a really bizarre case of it becoming active when she should have realised it shouldn't be active, if she had the idol she thought she had? Given she thought she had the champion's idol that only works at the champion's beach, why would she try using it when she's a contender using it at the contender's beach? It's only dumb luck that Dave gave her the idol that should have gone to Shaun.

I've been watching this delayed and have just been skimming this thread, but did I miss something or was Janine's idol play a really bizarre case of it becoming active when she should have realised it shouldn't be active, if she had the idol she thought she had? Given she thought she had the champion's idol that only works at the champion's beach, why would she try using it when she's a contender using it at the contender's beach? It's only dumb luck that Dave gave her the idol that should have gone to Shaun.
You’re pretty mixed up. Janine found the Contenders idol at the Champions beach but never swapped it with anyone. David swapped a fake idol for Shaun’s real Champions idol. At the tribe swap, David stayed at the Champions beach and Janine swapped to the Contenders beach which meant that both their idols were active.

You’re pretty mixed up. Janine found the Contenders idol at the Champions beach but never swapped it with anyone. David swapped a fake idol for Shaun’s real Champions idol. At the tribe swap, David stayed at the Champions beach and Janine swapped to the Contenders beach which meant that both their idols were active.
Ah that's weird. I thought that David got the contender's idol from Janine and said he'd do the swap with Shaun, and that the end result was:
Janine - contender's idol for contender's beach (David telling her it's the champions/champions beach idol) - became active when she moved beaches
David - champion's idol for the champion's beach - has always been active because he's always been at the champion's beach
Shaun - fake idol

Ah that's weird. I thought that David got the contender's idol from Janine and said he'd do the swap with Shaun, and that the end result was:
Janine - contender's idol for contender's beach (David telling her it's the champions/champions beach idol) - became active when she moved beaches
David - champion's idol for the champion's beach - has always been active because he's always been at the champion's beach
Shaun - fake idol
Nah David only got Janine’s idol paperwork so it would be more convincing

He's going under the radar and has a massive chance.

I'd assume that that is the reason he's on top of Filthy Sanchez's rankings

Baden shaping up nicely atm. Likeable and physically capable. If only JLP would stop calling him challenge beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back