FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching them all shivering just takes me back to the first iteration of Aus Survivor. Down in SA somewhere with them basically starving and freezing the whole time. Good times.
The only memorable thing about that first iteration was the immunity challenge that became the first to be halted due to weather/being impossible to win - must've spent 3 hours waiting for a fire to light a rope above a fire pit...but the wind was blowing the fire at right angles so neither tribe even got close to winning.

Shaun absolutely deserves another chance. He was completely screwed being forced to play on a tribe of total amateurs (congrats John and Daisy for being some of the most clueless idiots I've ever seen play the game -- especially Daisy, not only for imploding the Contenders after the swap over a jealous grudge, but disregarding Shaun's astute plan to play her idol for Andy, which would have saved their whole tribe from a pagonging).

Shaun actually understood the game and played his only remaining card at Tribal. Don't know why people are being salty about it; he put forth a compelling case for why any sane player shouldn't let Luke near the endgame. I'd have done the same in his position (it was bloody obvious at that point he had no other options).

Last edited:
Hampson wasn’t bad value and it definitely seemed like he got dudded with the tribe of absolute spoons. I can see him playing again in a later season.

Also surely the Champions just piss this in now? Pia, Abby and Janine seem like a strong 3 so they would have no incentive to flip in an alliance of 6. Black will get cut sooner or later and then it ends up as Pia/Abby/Janine vs Luke/David. They have the numbers and waltz into Final TC.

You could trace this back to when Black and Ross turned down Matt and Harry’s good offer and instead stayed Champions strong.

Shaun’s a good player and made the right moves for the most part I think except maybe going a bit hard at Dave. Hopefully with Shaun gone and the Dave vs Shaun fight over it frees up the game a little more. I suspect Baden and Harry never really cared for ‘Contender strong’, Daisy will need guidance and John will just keep floating on through. I think Shaun was the glue holding the Contenders together and with him gone hopefully the Champions start looking at each other a little more. The Janine/Pia/Abbey alliance needs to be broken for a start.

Is someone other than Luke, David and Harry actually going to make a move any time soon?
Why on earth would you expect two smart players like Janine & Pia to shoot themselves in the foot solely to make a move? Even though almost all of the contenders have proved themselves hopelessly inept at long-term strategy, that doesn't mean Janine & Pia are going to immediately hand back the numbers advantage they've just earnt, solely to blindside someone that they could take out at a later time and in a more optimal situation for themselves. Get 2 up in the numbers and then you've got the manoeuvrability to orchestrate a blindside within your own group if circumstances allow.

I can't believe you have John so high Filthy Sanchez. Will 100% not win from here. Less likely than Luke by a mile.
His criteria for the rankings is quite flawed in that it is based on who he thinks is most likely to win but the most likely to win is also probably the least likely to win because they are perceived as a threat, i.e what happened with Luke being called out tonight.

After watching tomorrow’s preview, I think Dave goes home with the idol in his pocket, unfortunately.

Such a shame that good players like Shaun, Dave and Luke won’t be there at the end, while most of the boring players will be.

After watching tomorrow’s preview, I think Dave goes home with the idol in his pocket, unfortunately.

Such a shame that good players like Shaun, Dave and Luke won’t be there at the end, while most of the boring players will be.
Dave is too arrogant to play his idol just yet. He'll hang on to it for as long as he can. Tonights ep should be pretty good judging by the preview.

Fair to say none of the contenders will ever be coming back as a champion.

Let Luke and David manipulate their way to merge.
Daisy panics and plays her idol incorrectly.
At 6-6 they vote each other out 2 eps in a row, absolute morons.

Or when they were individual tribes and they had the numbers (7-2) and yet proceeded to vote their own off whereas the other tribe voted the original contenders off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave is too arrogant to play his idol just yet. He'll hang on to it for as long as he can. Tonights ep should be pretty good judging by the preview.
Yeah I can see him being overconfident and not playing his idol, when he should be cautious as they are going after big threats (which he obviously is).
Really hope he stays much longer, he’s made this a great season to date.

Fair to say none of the contenders will ever be coming back as a champion.

Let Luke and David manipulate their way to merge.
Daisy panics and plays her idol incorrectly.
At 6-6 they vote each other out 2 eps in a row, absolute morons.
It’s not over yet, alliances can change fast in survivor; a contender can still win this.

Shane won last season. Is anybody really surprised that the non-players get through to the end? Under the radar like Simon, Abby and even John to an extent means the real players always get knocked out in the middle stages of the show.

This game is well and truly diluted by too many idols. Does not account for the absolute stupidity of the contenders, but doesn't help either.

There are 2 idols that go into play straight after they are played on each tribe beach. This year there was the idol twist which turned out to be a really good twist but those idols had conditions on them. There are not too many idols (yet) they are just being re-found.
Having said that i personally dont like them at all but they have been a part of the game for so long now.

My bold prediction for tonight is that we spend the first 5 mins with David boasting about finally getting rid of Shaun, and how nobody can stop him now.

Then after the immunity challenge, we get a bunch of scenes where the old champions (probably Pia) talk about how they are finally ready to make a move and eliminate a major threat.

Then at the vote, Daisy is eliminated, with John and Baden going along with the majority.

I feel bad for Shaun. He clearly knows the game very well and under the radar has a very good strategic mind. Managed to flush out David and Luke's idols with the split on Casey. Was good at framing himself as only a physical threat when really he was a very aware player that was in control of the only good moves the contenders have done as a collective.

I think he got dudded being put in a tribe with a lot of very poor players. And outwardly seeking revenge against Dave was his biggest flaw. If he was able to let go of emotion and potentially work with Dave before knifing him later maybe he goes a lot further. Still think he'd be a good return player though and would probably be able to reflect on all of this stuff and be better next time.
He definitely would have gotten further if not cast on a tribe full of people who had no idea about strategy, game could have been interesting had Daisy listened to him and played the idol properly but I don’t see how Luke doesn’t win easily from here.

He definitely would have gotten further if not cast on a tribe full of people who had no idea about strategy, game could have been interesting had Daisy listened to him and played the idol properly but I don’t see how Luke doesn’t win easily from here.
If Daisy had played her idol for Andy she most likely would have gone home as Dave would’ve gotten spooked and played his idol

I feel bad for Shaun. He clearly knows the game very well and under the radar has a very good strategic mind. Managed to flush out David and Luke's idols with the split on Casey. Was good at framing himself as only a physical threat when really he was a very aware player that was in control of the only good moves the contenders have done as a collective.

I think he got dudded being put in a tribe with a lot of very poor players. And outwardly seeking revenge against Dave was his biggest flaw. If he was able to let go of emotion and potentially work with Dave before knifing him later maybe he goes a lot further. Still think he'd be a good return player though and would probably be able to reflect on all of this stuff and be better next time.

I think Shaun has too much Joey amazing going on to ever get much passed where he did.

Physical and social threat and you'd even say more strategic insight than Joe too. Soon as the merge comes he is the biggest target on any season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back