FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt bad for Baden at the end. There was no way he was going to out talk either of them so he was a lame duck going in. Add in that Janine has been selling Pia to everyone back at the Jury Villa and he was doomed form the get go.

I did get annoyed that he wasn't able to turn Pia's point about wanting to vote her and not Abbey around. It was as simple as stating that he had better relationships with each of Luke, Harry and Abbey and that he felt comfortable that they would all take him through to final 2 because he had helped save them and actioned moves to keep them in the game.

That's just him though, he doesn't have the personality or the mind to go after her like that. He was playing the game (mostly) on merit.

They need to be really careful with casting going forward. This was a great season but as Pia pointed out - Tall Poppy Syndrome is a real thing in Australia. If you jump to the front then you will get cut down.

One thing I did pick up at FT last night, was Pia's claim that she knew about Janine going home. Her and Janine said that Pia told Janine we might be in trouble tonight and that it could be you. That's more of an educated guess then being in the loop. Its possibly the editing cut things out, but I'm surprised Baden didn't question it more.

One thing I did pick up at FT last night, was Pia's claim that she knew about Janine going home. Her and Janine said that Pia told Janine we might be in trouble tonight and that it could be you. That's more of an educated guess then being in the loop. Its possibly the editing cut things out, but I'm surprised Baden didn't question it more.

I think it's in the extended tribal for the tribal council where Janine was voted off that Pia whispered to Janine that Pia thought that Abbey would flip and vote off Janine. It was certainly a guess, but one that Pia was able to make based on her reading of the tribe at the time.

Last edited:

Very average final TC that was made worse by the constant cuts to Janine looking at Pia like this

View attachment 748083

Pia wasn’t a bad winner however and while she didn’t actually do much of the stuff she claimed to do (“I got Abbey out”/“I knew Janine was going” etc) she did seem pretty clued on throughout the game. Baden complete spud though.

I think Pia was carried to the end by Janine, and then got away scot-free when Abbey flipped on Pia. But there was no way known Channel 10 could manufacture any tension between the two of them. Baden is the living definition of a goat, and everyone on the jury knew it. Pia was able to dress up her game play for those on the jury that may not have voted for her at the start (Shaun, John and Daisy suggested in their confessionals that her performance at FTC influenced their votes). I thought Baden's opening pitch to the jury was fairly strong, but he fell apart under questioning - which he probably would have done if he took Harry to final tribal.

Baden has a very bright future as a shy introverted nerdy type, whereas Pia will now probably get a role somewhere, amazing.

She's been in Mustangs FC which the ABC broadcasts on its ABC Me channel. It wouldn't surprise me if Janine gets Pia and Luke to do promo work for Boost (I think Luke is already doing some work).

Next season is all stars CONFIRMED.

There will be two seasons next year. All Stars is replacing another reality TV show (either I'm a Celebrity or Bachelorette, I've forgotten which) and then there's a normal Survivor season later in 2020.

Spoilers for the cast of All-Stars

v1g3wg9gh5n31.png

Harry would have beaten Baden 9-0 and Pia 8-1 (Cos Janine would have voted Pia anyway)

I saw something earlier this morning saying that Janine, Simon, Luke and Abby would have voted for Pia if it was her vs Harry but I can’t for the life of me find it now.

There will be two seasons next year. All Stars is replacing another reality TV show (either I'm a Celebrity or Bachelorette, I've forgotten which) and then there's a normal Survivor season later in 2020.
The Bachelorette has already been announced. Will be airing straight after The Bachelor.
Possibly could replace Bachelor in Paradise. Though hope they get rid of I’m a Celebrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bachelorette has already been announced. Will be airing straight after The Bachelor.
Possibly could replace Bachelor in Paradise. Though hope they get rid of I’m a Celebrity.

Considering the level of "celebrity" they've been trotting out, that barrel may have run dry

Yes, this is what All Stars is replacing, now that you mention it.

Some good players, some bad ones. 3/5 from this season poor calls. Probst would never let the quitter from the earlier season back either.
If I remember correctly, Mo was injured and has a complicated family situation.
Probst let Colton back into Survivor only for him to quit a second time.

Benji was initially approached to do All-Stars and turned it down, which is why Zach is on All-Stars.

Colours for the two tribes:

nm7heevu7ej31.jpg

Spoilers for the cast of All-Stars

v1g3wg9gh5n31.png
There's no way that group should be called All Stars, most of them are terrible.
That’s the problem when you go too early on an All Stars season though.

Sorry Survivor Australia fans, Luke Toki doesn’t deserve your money
Australia, we’ve got it wrong — and in rallying behind Survivor favourite Luke Toki, we’ve missed a crucial point that cannot be ignored.

I gave at the office. ;)

Survivor’s Luke Toki has surpassed winning prize with viral GoFundMe
After a heartbreaking elimination, dad-of-three Luke Toki has come out on top, surpassing the winner’s prize money — and counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back