FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol what- not the actual play?

My school used to to Taming of the Shrew (+ old school movie Liz Taylor + 10 Things) in Year 9 but for some reason changed it up recently.
Imho Romeo and Juliet is not approps at Year 9. Talking about true love all that s**t... they're 14 for gawds sake, true love to them is a relationship that lasts past term one.

It's actually a film review unit. They do a lot of comparison between the play and the film and some historical stuff about Shakespeare's time but that's it. I don't think it's a bad idea. It keeps the dregs kind of interested while encouraging the upper echelon to do some research.

It's actually a film review unit. They do a lot of comparison between the play and the film and some historical stuff about Shakespeare's time but that's it. I don't think it's a bad idea. It keeps the dregs kind of interested while encouraging the upper echelon to do some research.

Yeah Yr 9s do the background research on William/the era too. Lots of topics covered, some get really into it. IIRC some cooked some food and brought it in for their oral presentation. Other build models of the theatre, etc...

I like that idea. Way back when... we first read Romeo and Juliet and then saw the film even before the DeCaprio film came out. There was no comparison of film/text. What I did like is when Film As Text started in VCE and it trickled down to the lower years. I loved teaching Gilbert Grape in Year 12, Strictly Ballroom in Year 11 and Stand By Me in Year 9. I don't think we did anything like that in Year 7 or 8 English, although it was fantastic to be able to show parts(FF through naughty bits) of Monty Python and the Holy Grail as an excuse when we studied the Middle Ages in Year 8 SOSE. Good times.

I've been trying to think of which film we had to arrange to be shown at the old cinema right by the Tullamarine Airport back in 1976 or 1977. It might have been Picnic at Hanging Rock for our Form 4 classes. The invention of the VCR changed teaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brooke, Flick, Nick, Phoebe, Mark “Tarzan”, Mat, David and Henry all confirmed.

Also, Luke is hosting a Talking Survivor kinda show. Argh.
If you noticed that one of your absolute faves, the King of the Jungle, was missing from that list, we're here to comfort you with the news that Luke Toki will be playing along from home and will be hosting an online show we can watch after 'All-Stars' airs for his very important commentary.

Last edited:
Is AK there though?
He was in the leaked cast (2 pages back).

10 have also officially confirmed the rumoured 2 seasons for next year. Based on their calendar it looks like a late February launch-through April for All Stars, whilst the 2nd season occupies its usual July-August time period.

Hopefully the OzTam ratings stay strong and they don't kill the appetite for a show that has been steadily building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back