FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make these calls tomorrow, Its still 3 v 2 if Matt, Kristie and Flick team up tonight.
If those 3 dont go this way to eliminate Lee/El then they do not deserve the money. They HAVE to know to get to final 2 they cannot do it with those 2.

There will be better gameplay in future seasons, if they occur. There was the friendship/morals/ethics angles throughout the first handful of US Survivor seasons. The more times the game is played, the more people will realise it is just a game.

Its still going to come down to casting
It doesn't matter how many seasons there are over here, if they fill out with people like Sam and Lee who have never watched the show and want to play the loyalty card

The game play shouldn't have to evolve from where the US series started anyway
Aussie and US applicants have equal access to 30+ seasons of reference material

Last edited:

If those 3 dont go this way to eliminate Lee/El then they do not deserve the money. They HAVE to know to get to final 2 they cannot do it with those 2.

Yes and no. If I was Flick I'd probably fancy my "game" over El.

Lee has a real good spot for mine if he makes final 2 (or 3) he wins, if you could get to 3 (or 4) and then win a challenge (which I think Flick or Matt could do) vote Lee out and take someone else into the final tribal you would be a chance.

I agree in general, if they don't pull the trigger tonight it would seem to be a poor decision.

Firstly anyone that derides a winner for having "luck" is a fool. I did it with Sandra many moons ago and in hindsight I was silly. This game has so many variables and options and hazards that anyone who wins needs some luck.

Any player that manages to get to the end by hook, crook or flying under the radar deserves it and suggesting otherwise is silly.
I largely agree. But every generalization like this ("everyone who wins deserves it") has flaws/exceptions
In other words, I'm still angry about Vecepia :p

Immunity next episode is biggest of all.
If Flick wins it, one of El or Matt are going home.
If Kristie win it, El or Flick are gone.
If El wins it, curtains for Matt or Flick.
If Matt wins it, Flick or El are gone.
If Lee wins it, El, Flick or Matt are gone.

If Lee doesn't win the next immunity and anyone other than him gets voted off JLP should send the remaining numb-nuts to Exile for the rest of the game

Oh yeh, f**king ten.

Also advertised at the start of the season a tribal on every episode.
Technically there was a tribal on Sunday night (i.e. they had the challenge at tribal). It's like foxtel's "no ads, siren to siren" line

Its still going to come down to casting
It doesn't matter how many seasons there are over here, if they fill out with people like Sam and Lee who have never watched the show and want to play the loyalty card
Some of it casting, some of it game design. I agree there are a number of people who spout loyalty and high morals in this game which spreads throughout the outliers - especially when a tribe doesn't see tribal for a long time. But, if they had made the cast uncomfortable enough through shuffles/exiles/twists making them have to think on their feet a bit more this game might have been more strategic than it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A major reason why Phoebes game stood out was she was one of the few who seemed to be doing something to shake up the game which is always good viewing.
I agree. She was great to watch. But I think people saying Phoebe was a better player Brooke (especially by an "embarrassing margin") are
a) being swayed by the "mean girls" edit OR
b) overrating phoebe's game because it was exciting to watch and she got thrown a few curve balls OR
c) underrating Brooke's game because it was boring and she had a lot of luck OR
d) A mixture of the above

There's not a lot she could have done differently to survive, especially after the Rohan ****up. She was the one on the bottom of every single vote, and made it to final 4. That's impressive.
She did well to survive as long as she did playing the way she was but I think a truly great player (and to be fair, none of the people on this season are in that category) would have moved off the bottom at some point. My main knock on Phoebe is that her strategic moves were only ever going to keep her there 1 more council. It was far too early to be doing some of the stuff she was doing. Using your logic Kristie could be said to be a better player than Phoebe because she's survived almost the entire game while being on the bottom but not quite going home. Really they are two extremes because one was so focused on "outplay" and one was so focused on "outlast". Neither did all 3 (outwit/outplay/outlast) with the balance of someone like Brooke

Brooke can't be deemed some great player either given she was ousted by arguably her best friend in the game along with the people she was trying to blindside in the only big move she tried to make. She got outlasted and outwitted that's for sure. She was very, very strong in certain types of challenges though, no doubt about that. I think Phoebe was probably a better player, she was just very unlucky and I don't think anyone who is generally considered an excellent player could have done much better in the circumstances. She said herself in her exit interview that she didn't want to play so hard that early, but that she didn't have much choice. Her only other option would have been to go under the radar like Kristie did, but it wouldn't have suited her and I don't think she'd have pulled it off. In the end her only real mistake was to underestimate Kristie's ability to make a move against her - but this was understandable and less of a mistake then not keeping your closest ally on side while in control of the game. I guess this is all pretty subjective. 1 game, especially in a contest where luck does play such a significant role, is way too small a sample size to be sure of how good someone is.

Brooke can't be deemed some great player either given she was ousted by arguably her best friend in the game along with the people she was trying to blindside in the only big move she tried to make. She got outlasted and outwitted that's for sure. She was very, very strong in certain types of challenges though, no doubt about that. I think Phoebe was probably a better player, she was just very unlucky and I don't think anyone who is generally considered an excellent player could have done much better in the circumstances. She said herself in her exit interview that she didn't want to play so hard that early, but that she didn't have much choice. Her only other option would have been to go under the radar like Kristie did, but it wouldn't have suited her and I don't think she'd have pulled it off. In the end her only real mistake was to underestimate Kristie's ability to make a move against her - but this was understandable and less of a mistake then not keeping your closest ally on side while in control of the game. I guess this is all pretty subjective.1 game, especially in a contest where luck does play such a significant role, is way too small a sample size to be sure of how good someone is.

Yeah I meant to put that in my post. Would be interesting to see how Phoebe would do in a second play

I don't think Matt and Flick would be able to sway Kristie to vote Lee off as she doesn't trust Flick and Kristy proved this by voting for Matt along with Lee and El.
But if Kristie doesn't do it now how will she get rid of them? Say Lee and El go Matt, then final 4 they all vote for Flick. Then Kristie's cornered and gone 3rd (unless she wins immunity I suppose). She has to make a move now.

But if Kristie doesn't do it now how will she get rid of them? Say Lee and El go Matt, then final 4 they all vote for Flick. Then Kristie's cornered and gone 3rd (unless she wins immunity I suppose). She has to make a move now.

Yeah but Lee told her she should be proud of finishing 3rd and he isn't set on taking El so she should believe him :rolleyes:

LOL. Ten's made a Survivor Family Feud episode with Lee, El, Sam and Brooke competing against Conner, Phoebe, Sue and Rohan. It airs Sunday October 30th for those interested.

I really think they missed a trick with not having Kylie - based on Survivor she'd sanctimoniously clap each wrong answer and offer consoling platitudes - how could you go wrong.

LOL. Ten's made a Survivor Family Feud episode with Lee, El, Sam and Brooke competing against Conner, Phoebe, Sue and Rohan. It airs Sunday October 30th for those interested.

I really think they missed a trick with not having Kylie - based on Survivor she'd sanctimoniously clap each wrong answer and offer consoling platitudes - how could you go wrong.
Needs moar Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back