Australian t20I side 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoinis could open and Lynn down the order could work.

Lynn our of the side works more. If Stoinis is in the side he bats top 3. Otherwise leave him out.

Probably need an extra spinner too.

Maxy can bowl

Untested but Loosechange could have Smiths spot.

Who else could provide an international option. Agar is a bit iffy

The obvious one is Chris Green when he comes back. Slot him in at 7 or 8 or whatever. Stoinis to open. I’d drop Warner to 3 and I’m uneasy doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why can't everyone else do what Lynn does?

He can slog a few...great.

He is terrible against spin. We don’t have many good spinners and the ones that do get him out.

International sides will have 3-4 spinners at him and as usual will get nothing

To me, the T20I team seems pretty settled at the moment with just a couple of positions up for grabs as most of the positions seem locked in. I'd say this would be the current best side to play in Australia:

1. Finch (c)

2. Warner
- Finch & Davey have such a good record together, both pick themselves and you wouldn't want to disturb that combination.

3. Smith - solid middle order accumulator, vital to bigger grounds. Playing the Kohli/Williamson role of staying at one end while the rest play their power hitting roles, can take strike after wickets fall to shield a new batsman while they get their eye in. Has the capabilities to go big too at an end of an innings with some funky shots.

4. Maxwell - Arguably one of the best T20I batsman in the world currently with two T20I tons to his name, he has to be a lock and come in no lower than 5 to allow him to build an innings

5. ? - A vast range of players vying for the final batsman's spot (Lynn, McDermott, M.Marsh, Turner, Short etc.). Marsh could be a good option with the addition of his bowling but would like to see a busier player for this role too. Perhaps Ferguson?

6. Carey (wk) - Our best limited overs keeper/batsman who played the finishers role well at the WC last year. Possibly Phillipe as a chance but still think it would be a lot to ask of a young kid still finding his feet to be thrown into a competitive international WC.

7. ? - I had Agar in this slot a while ago as I feel he was the most rounded player for a No.7 position but his batting has worried me lately and doesn't seem to be the handy finisher he was a few seasons ago. Webster a wildcard? Faulkner if he returns to his old form?

8. Cummins - best bowler in the world imo, he's an automatic selection for his sheer brilliance no matter the format.

9. Starc - Absolute gun with a white ball and lethal with the swinging new ball. His pace is vital in Australia.

10. K.Richardson - Has had a brilliant BBL so far and has international experience, offers something different to Cummins & Starc

11. Zampa - Our best short form spinner.

Agree with this side. I’d have Marsh in at 5 and Agar at 7. Agar getting absolutely tonked in the BBL has me a little concerned but thought he was good in the Pak and SL series (against admittedly poor opposition) and I think he’s best for that role, no one else is really knocking down the door.

Agree with this side. I’d have Marsh in at 5 and Agar at 7. Agar getting absolutely tonked in the BBL has me a little concerned but thought he was good in the Pak and SL series (against admittedly poor opposition) and I think he’s best for that role, no one else is really knocking down the door.

If Chris Green is cleared he should be picked in that spot. Can bowl at a number of times in an innings. Handy enough with the bat too.

If Chris Green is cleared he should be picked in that spot. Can bowl at a number of times in an innings. Handy enough with the bat too.

He’s an ok player but I don’t think he’d be good enough at international level and wouldn’t be in my squad. I prefer Agar over him.

He’s an ok player but I don’t think he’d be good enough at international level and wouldn’t be in my squad. I prefer Agar over him.

I think with the amount of t20’s this year he’s someone I’d like to have a look at though

I think with the amount of t20’s this year he’s someone I’d like to have a look at though

Yeah that’s fair enough. Doubt he’s action would be too bothersome, presume he’ll be ready to go as soon as that 90 day period is done.

He probably wasn’t far away from a look in but a poor BBL and then the suspension came at a bad time for him.

Yeah that’s fair enough. Doubt he’s action would be too bothersome, presume he’ll be ready to go as soon as that 90 day period is done.

He probably wasn’t far away from a look in but a poor BBL and then the suspension came at a bad time for him.

The other option is a genuine second spinner. If we play Starc and Cummins they are more than handy. That might be a Swepson, Boyce, etc. Even Fawad Ahmed has to be a chance as a wicket taking leggie

For the balance of the side, one of those two should really be a front line spinner which more or less locks Agar in. He does himself a huge favor in the shorter formats by being a gun fielder.

He can slog a few...great.

He is terrible against spin. We don’t have many good spinners and the ones that do get him out.

International sides will have 3-4 spinners at him and as usual will get nothing
Will overseas spinners be a factor in this world cup?
For the balance of the side, one of those two should really be a front line spinner which more or less locks Agar in. He does himself a huge favor in the shorter formats by being a gun fielder.
But can agar bat a 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back