Australian test team last 50 years

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont like cheats but you have Marseille in your list of teams .
Can't give up on your place of birth, I was born just three blocks from Stade Velodrome.

I find it interesting that you only named one club from that long list. :)

I’ll play

Matthew Elliott
Redpath
Jones
Hodge
Siddons
O’Donnell
Mcdonald
Berry
Warne
Pattinson
Walker

Just off top of my head right then, sure I’m forgetting lots

Merv, Paul Reiffel - Ray Bright was bog ordinary in many respects but played a looooot of cricket - he'd be going on that tour to India; left-arm orthodox and all that.

Matthew Elliott
Ian Redpath
Dean Jones
Brad Hodge
Jamie Siddons
Tony Dodemaide
Darren Berry
Paul Reiffel
Shane Warne
Merv Hughes
Damien Fleming

Warner isn’t helping his chances

All up in India and England the two biggest tests for an Australian batsman he has made 1050 runs from 43 innings with an average of 24.41 no hundreds, 10 fifties and 5 ducks.

Candy always says Warner is at his best when he is being written off. I hope she is right because I am writing him off.

All up in India and England the two biggest tests for an Australian batsman he has made 1050 runs from 43 innings with an average of 24.41 no hundreds, 10 fifties and 5 ducks.

Candy always says Warner is at his best when he is being written off. I hope she is right because I am writing him off.
I'm surprised by those ten fifties, I would have thought it was four or five with possibly three of them at The Oval.

I'm surprised by those ten fifties, I would have thought it was four or five with possibly three of them at The Oval.
His 2015 ashes was fairly strong, just couldn’t convert the starts he made.

2013 India 195 runs at 24 with 2 50s
2013 England 138 runs at 23 with 1 50
2015 England 418 runs at 46 with 5 50s
2017 India 193 runs at 24 with 1 50
2019 England 95 runs at 9.5 with 1 50
2023 India 11 runs at 5.5

The funny part is for mine outside of 19 that was a unmitigated disaster 15 probably hurt his reputation the most. In a series we lose 3-2 his inability to go on and convert one of those starts into a meaningful score was seen as part of the reason we lost.

Langer finished while he was still a good batsmen, and did adjust and change his game over time.

Also the opening partnership he had with Haydos is our best ever.

1. Hayden
2. Taylor
3. Ponting
4. Smith
5. Border
6. S.Waugh
7. Gilchrist
8. Johnson
9. Warne
10. Liliee
11. McGrath

Remove this Banner Ad