Australian Test Tour of Bangladesh August/September 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

They could very well knock us over cheaply given how we go on spinning pitches...but have they improved enough against proper quick bowling to capitalise would be my question

England and NZ both have good pace attacks and their batting has stood up (to a degree at least) against both, away from home in the latter case.

Banga's batting is very weak against the top teams, especially their talisman Al Hasan who has a terrible record against top teams... So i can't see them putting up 500+ like India tend to do to us...

OUr batting is pretty weak too, will most likely depend on how Smith plays since there is no doubt they will prepare pitch resembling the surface of the moon.

A tad harsh. Considering he's a world class spinner, his averages of 60-plus against NZ and Pakistan, and 40 against Sri Lanka are bloody outstanding, and even his weaker records against the others - and let's be fair, save for Ashwin and Jadeja India's bowling doesn't really add up to much - in SA and England are both in the 20s which isn't that bad for an all rounder.
Mushfiqur is in a similar boat as a keeper.
Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque each average over 40 against at least 3 of the non-Zimbabwe or WI sides. Iqbal averages mid 60s against England.

England and NZ both have good pace attacks and their batting has stood up (to a degree at least) against both, away from home in the latter case.

They are decent attacks but I still reckon these blokes are susceptible to genuine speed. I'm usually not one that is a speed is a must but against Bangladesh in the past it's been a clear advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just noticed the first test starts on a Sunday (27th) & the second on a Monday (4th)!! Surely that's a mistake in the scheduling. Can't be true, can it?

Is he questioning the fact it's basically being played on weekdays? Maybe the Bangers don't care much about live crowds and it's more about TV audience.

Ah yes. Should have read properly, didn't really pay much attention to the days themselves. Remember too Bangladesh is an incredibly densely populated country. Weekday or weekend there won't be a shortage of people who can theoretically attend

Ah yes. Should have read properly, didn't really pay much attention to the days themselves. Remember too Bangladesh is an incredibly densely populated country. Weekday or weekend there won't be a shortage of people who can theoretically attend
Yep, your probably right about that actually. Weekday or weekend wouldn't make much difference to a population 160 odd million. Still though, all tests are almost always scheduled for Saturday & Sunday play. I'm just having a winge because I'm located in the other Bangers, which is only an hour ahead. So wont be able to catch much of the action in what could be quite a close series.

On U FEEL PRIME using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another factor of which I would have no real idea on but probably affects is the concept of the standard working week over there may be different (ie. Saturdays considered a working day)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back