Australian Test Tour of Bangladesh August/September 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, so if Agar is a second spinner and so is Moeen according to the English camp, why wouldnt that benefit us?

Huh? I want Agar in the side, well at least in these conditions.

Renners
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Pete
Cartwright
Wade
Agar
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon
Surely they don't drop Maxwell? He had the second highest average of anyone from Australia the last tour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A single two day game was far from the best to begin with, but going in cold with most having played no FC cricket for a long time is a worry.
Should still beat Bangladesh, but not easily.
We have a shocking record on the sun continent at the moment, lost in SL, the UAE, India, and with the Bangers having improved out of sight in the last few years I'm hoping for some good tight cricket/.

We have a shocking record on the sun continent at the moment, lost in SL, the UAE, India, and with the Bangers having improved out of sight in the last few years I'm hoping for some good tight cricket/.
Yeah, I almost added that it was expected at the time that Australia should have won in Sri Lanka and it didn't turn out that way.
Bangladesh are still inexperienced and prone to collapses with the bat; as are Australia; and some bad sessions in the field. I still think Australia should win, but 1-1 is a distinct possibility. A loss would be a surprise but hardly a great shock.

Yeah, I almost added that it was expected at the time that Australia should have won in Sri Lanka and it didn't turn out that way.
Bangladesh are still inexperienced and prone to collapses with the bat; as are Australia; and some bad sessions in the field. I still think Australia should win, but 1-1 is a distinct possibility. A loss would be a surprise but hardly a great shock.

Overall because of their bowlers Australia does boast the edge in experience.
But when you look at the core of each team's batting you might get a surprise.

Mushfiqur (54), Tamim Iqbal (49), Shakib (49), Imrul Kayes (28), Mominul Haque (22) gives their main 5 batsmen 202 games worth of experience.

Smith (54), Warner (64), Khawaja (23), Handscomb (8) and Renshaw (8) have 157 between them.

Of even more interest is the fact that on the cricinfo tour page, Smith is listed as an all-rounder.

A somewhat loose definition these days it seems.

Draw paying $ 3.80 and it's monsoon season in Bangladesh. Surely load up

Another marvelous piece of cricket scheduling

last test at the ground ended in 3 days so even considering they might lose a day would still be unlikely to be a draw. If we bat second the possibility of us batting out a draw in any circumstances is about 1/10 anyway.

Bit worried with Warner and Khawaja in the top 3.

Renshaw and Handscomb made regular contributions in India but we can't remain too Smith centric.

lets be realistic, if Smith fails in both tests we'll lose the series. if you check out the ICC batting rankings (http://www.lgiccrankings.com/ranking/test/batting/) we have Smith at a historical high of 941, ranked no1. Our next best is Warner at 759 (ranked 11th) and Khawaja at 718 (ranked 14th). Both are walking wickets on the sub continent.

Probably going in with the flimsiest batting line up since the early 90s.

Surely they don't drop Maxwell? He had the second highest average of anyone from Australia the last tour

They may want to look a bit into the future with the aSHES COMING UP. personally whilst Maxwell is a good player of spin, I'd be more confident with Cartwright at 6 in the Ashes.

lets be realistic, if Smith fails in both tests we'll lose the series. if you check out the ICC batting rankings (http://www.lgiccrankings.com/ranking/test/batting/) we have Smith at a historical high of 941, ranked no1. Our next best is Warner at 759 (ranked 11th) and Khawaja at 718 (ranked 14th). Both are walking wickets on the sub continent.

Probably going in with the flimsiest batting line up since the early 90s.

That's pretty insulting to the early 90s.

Boon
Border
jones
Mark waugh
Mark Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back