Australian Tour of South Africa 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a lucky chap. I expected his ban to stand and one of Morne Morkel, Chris Morris or Duane Olivier to play. When i read that his appeal lasted 6 hours, i started to get a sense he might have a chance. That chance was only 30-40% mind you.

No amount complaining, bellyaching and raging will change anything. Whatever the rights and wrongs, he's playing and Australia's batsmen must ensure he only takes 5-6 wickets for this upcoming test, not 11.

Just love this 'boys will be boys'. :rolleyes:

As long as they kind of clean it up and don't get too shifty with sly and well it should always be about the play
and not the outside stuff. Just juvenile otherwise.

It has been a pretty good and even contest and a while to go to the end... just can't wait.

Correct outcome. Should never have been banned in the first place. Now hopefully if we are any good we will win the series on our merits and not because some dude played us at our own game. Never dropped his shoulder...he brushed past our Captain no more no less. Get on with it and now it's game on!

What’s the point of whining about this?

2014’s series win in SA has been argued as being one of the greatest test series of all time.

Wouldn’t it be better to back it up with SA still at their very best?

Not so much other players but other precedents.

When Stokes and Johnson bumped shoulders - and it was pretty obvious that both could have avoided it - they were given 1 point each. What might hurt their use of that argument is that they bumped during play rather than after a wicket.

And no 3 it is.

We'll get to hear the dulcet tones of Shane Warne for the last two tests of the series. Focus on the cricket, not the ladies in the crowd is what the director may have to tell him at some point.

If our team take the same victim playing status over Rabada's suspension being overturned that many on here (and other more popular social media) have taken then we are ****ed for the next two tests.

He's pretty lucky but we move on. This off field s**t is just way too boring. It's overshadowed two hard fought tests with the salivating prospect of two more to come.

things worse than ‘the race card’:

C***s claiming it’s been used when it hasn’t.
It was a six hour f***en hearing you idiots. Think it might have gone a bit beyond ‘he’s black.’

Eh.. What else is his lawyer hinting at when he says:

I do believe this is an important case for all South Africans and has implications for our shared project of nation-building. We should all wish Kagiso luck for Monday,” Mpofu told newspaper The Times.

Nation building??? Can't believe he actually turned this into a black vs white SA issue over a game of bloody cricket.

Rabada Bavuma and Ntini after the hearing:

yUhktr3NFUHQriqdQfurdCT37aY8xVkO2eLh2tdOnQsM743IoEwcTmqSsa0O2caa2hAfJhr7EfQxWmtfYsVwBHCPm3caynWZecwbkhr-hFYY=w360-h273-nc

heard someone say 'dropping a shoulder into Smith's hahaha cmon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real demoralising feel about the series just for the moment personally.

Rabada & co in another case of how very smart lawyers don't actually help society.

Starc & Marsh in doubt, we are seriously weakened without Mitchell Starc.

Yeah, rubbish decision.

The series will be infinitely better as a spectacle for Rabada being there, but with his poor record, level 2 charge was justified for what was a deliberate act.

But anyway - onwards we go.

I do believe this is an important case for all South Africans and has implications for our shared project of nation-building. We should all wish Kagiso luck for Monday,” Mpofu told newspaper The Times.

Nation building??? Can't believe he actually turned this into a black vs white SA issue over a game of bloody cricket.
This series will now always have an asterix ******

I very much doubt their legal defence was built around a public statement given at a news conference

Whatever, onto the cricket.

Oh, is Rabada's lawyer in town..?

My friend was caught masturbating in public and needs legal representation.

Please.... my friend is really desperate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back