Australian tour of Sri Lanka (July-September 2016)

Who will win the test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The return of the worst player to ever play for Australia, absolutely baffling that a barely first class standard lemon like boland continually gets picked

The return of the worst player to ever play for Australia, absolutely baffling that a barely first class standard lemon like boland continually gets picked

Delicious.

#StandByScotty

Wait! it's that hit n giggle bullshit. Meh not interested now.

#SendScottHome

The biggest problem is that the selectors and the media give a s**t about which state players come from

The selectors don't

Media does and loves building up the persecution complex of a certain state south of the Murray

Oh it all makes sense now. Its all a lie that Australia's two best batsman and three best bowlers hail from NSW. When I see them making all the runs and taking all the wickets it is because the pictures have been altered by the NSW conspiracy. Even if it were true, there are all these gun players from other states who could perform much better...argh it all makes sense now.

No wonder the NSW teams spud it up at underage national championships but all their players still get picked for Australia... wait, what do you mean NSW Country and NSW Metro went undefeated at the u19's championships? That would suggest they have the best systems in place to produce high-level cricketers. That can't be right.

Now that I can see clearly it makes sense why there are all these non-NSW players who performed admirably but still got dropped. I mean Mitch Marsh never gets the opportunities his performances deserve. Nathan Lyon never got picked when he played for SA and never got unfairly dropped once he started playing for NSW. Scott Boland has performed so well for so long at domestic level I wonder why he never gets a chance at international level. Xavier Doherty had such a good first-class record he would have continued that at test level if they had just picked him.

A third of selected players in the 2014/15 shield season were new south welshmen

I couldn't believe this when I read it. Why is Smith suddenly going home? It's not like the home season is beginning next week.

If he has a little niggle or some illness in the family or something, just say so.

There is an odi series in SA. I guess they want Marsh and Smith to get some time at home before that kicks off.

That famous Geoff Lemon article about Channel 9 pretty much outright said this, too. Something like "not being part of the NSW Boys Club, George Bailey is fair game".
Ponting too was whiteanted by the nsw glitterati. What a horrible outcome we now have due to the determination of Taylor, Slater et al to back in their boys.

Watson got to skipper the test team after throwing around threats of retirement in the press after Homeworkgate.

That was very funny.

At least Watson was a good captaincy candidate. Warner comes across woeful as a leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you imagine AB leaving his team behind to get an extra week or 2 rest before the home summer? Not a chance.

No wonder we are so flaky on pitches that don't suit us, we are being treated with such preciousness and have no leadership. Making a rod for our own back with this ridiculousness. Creating softness
I don't normally like comparisons with different eras because times change but I can't help but agree with this. Guys like AB loved to play for Australia and wouldn't walk away from a series in the balance for a 'rest'. The captain should want to win every series he plays not run home when the going is tough.

I'll be very surprised if his body language is anywhere near as petulant as Smith's. I'm losing patience with him. It's embarrassing watching a skipper behave like a child.

Smith is okay but he needs a stronger deputy. Warner is a shocking choice as VC. I still maintain that if Nevill is our keeper he should be the VC. He is the most level headed in the side and he has captaincy background.

Smith is okay but he needs a stronger deputy. Warner is a shocking choice as VC. I still maintain that if Nevill is our keeper he should be the VC. He is the most level headed in the side and he has captaincy background.
Nevill's position is hardly safe, he shouldn't be VC.

Nevill's position is hardly safe, he shouldn't be VC.

Maybe so, but neither should Warner. It is a massive problem with our side. The leadership options are barren

Voges- too old, could do it if he was 3 years younger.
Warner- as thick as a plank!
Mitch Marsh- NO!
Smith- already the captain

honestly who else is there. It is a huge problem, we sort of have a captain and a bunch of blokes that should be as far away as you can get to being a leader! I shudder at the thought of Warner captaining in a test match!

Maybe so, but neither should Warner. It is a massive problem with our side. The leadership options are barren

Voges- too old, could do it if he was 3 years younger.
Warner- as thick as a plank!
Mitch Marsh- NO!
Smith- already the captain

honestly who else is there. It is a huge problem, we sort of have a captain and a bunch of blokes that should be as far away as you can get to being a leader! I shudder at the thought of Warner captaining in a test match!
VC on its own is essentially a nothing position - the most important part of the job for me is continuity - somebody who will be in the side to step up if required. Warner fills that brief the best at the moment.

VC on its own is essentially a nothing position - the most important part of the job for me is continuity - somebody who will be in the side to step up if required. Warner fills that brief the best at the moment.

We won't be anywhere other than an average side with Warner near a captaincy position, he is as thick as a brick. I just would rather them bring someone in and make them the VC that has some form of leadership in domestic cricket (and no the IPL doesn't count!)

Smith is our best captaincy option.

Whoever allowed or decided that he should go home needs to be removed from the set up entirely.

Sure his body language needs improving at times but Captain Grumpy still managed to lead the team ok.

Smith is our best captaincy option.

Whoever allowed or decided that he should go home needs to be removed from the set up entirely.

Sure his body language needs improving at times but Captain Grumpy still managed to lead the team ok.

He is, through the lack of any alternative really. He is a mediocre captain at best. I'm still getting over how badly he used Zampa in the T20 WC. Then proceeds to give Henriques a bowl (who gets carted as usual)

Back