Australian tour of Sri Lanka (July-September 2016)

Who will win the test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So ummm... O'Keefe's had a pretty good match. Leading wicket taker in both our innings and top scorer.

Lankans clearly wanted a day off as they're now 8/69 in their second dig (O'Keefe 4, Lyon 2, Starc 2).

Okay, am officially excited about having two spinners in the team. Beyond this series, where you'd want that, O'Keefe shaping nicely as our next all-rounder. Like Watto but with talent.

Okay, am officially excited about having two spinners in the team. Beyond this series, where you'd want that, O'Keefe shaping nicely as our next all-rounder. Like Watto but with talent.
Not really a comparison though, given Watson was tried up top. Watson has huge amounts of talent.

O'Keefe is nowhere near the bat that Watto is, and I don't particularly rate Watson.

Sok... Yikes.

He's so average.. Don't let 10 wickets in a tour game against a Sri Lankan D grade team fool y'all

So who is your preference...Bird bowling 135kmph on a spinning track or Siddle bowling 125kmph medium pace, and I'm not certain Siddle is even fit.

SOK is a good fielder and a good lower order bat too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how people are against SOK when he's the best performed domestic spinner period
Doesn't say much though... We don't produce test quality spinners.

Stephen Okeefe looks like some of the left arm spinners I spank outtve the nets at cricket training
8aDLfVP8EQKM7Kc_6VsvIjbSi9QzePP6UZ40Y59yVLCv-948EnOgMRY2CftvF3M9OLIM3Ufo0Gudeg=w273-h249-nc

Stephen Okeefe looks like some of the left arm spinners I spank outtve the nets at cricket training
8aDLfVP8EQKM7Kc_6VsvIjbSi9QzePP6UZ40Y59yVLCv-948EnOgMRY2CftvF3M9OLIM3Ufo0Gudeg=w273-h249-nc
How many of those blokes average 23 @ first class level? You're ignoring how clever a bowler he is, using subtle variations in line, speed and flight to outwit batsman. Not everyone needs to turn the ball at 45 degrees to be a great bowler.

Nathan Lyon is 100% test quality. If he gets 15 wickets this series (not unreasonable given there are 3 tests) he'll enter the top 60 of wickets taken in a test career. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see him enter the top 50 by the end of the calendar year.

Tell you what you go and try and belt him, I'd be betting on an under 5 score. O'Keefe uses variation, both pace and length. He's a very clever bowler. He's a much better option in these conditions than yet another quick bowler. We already have 3 quicks! Lets face facts Mitch Marsh isn't there for his batting! We don't need 4 quicks on turning pitches.

How many of those blokes average 23 @ first class level? You're ignoring how clever a bowler he is, using subtle variations in line, speed and flight to outwit batsman. Not everyone needs to turn the ball at 45 degrees to be a great bowler.
To be a great Test bowler you do

Edit: unless your name is Daniel vettori.. And don't ever mention Sok in the same breathe as Danny

Last edited:
Nathan Lyon is 100% test quality. If he gets 15 wickets this series (not unreasonable given there are 3 tests) he'll enter the top 60 of wickets taken in a test career. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see him enter the top 50 by the end of the calendar year.
Nathan Lyon is pretty good.. I always go by the "4 wickets per test" rule to determine if they're a good test bowler and he's right on that borderline.. Seeing he's played most his tests on pitches not favouring spin I'll give him a pass. I'm not usually a big fan of Aussie off spinners but I have to put some respect on the Goat

I'd love to see Jordan vs SOK. Of course, Jordan has nothing to worry about I'd assume.
So would I tbh.. I wouldn't actually be worried at all. I've got 100s in b grade cricket and I reckon I've faced spinners who turn it more than him. I'd just walk down the pitch and Andrew Symonds him outtve the attack
Tell you what you go and try and belt him, I'd be betting on an under 5 score. O'Keefe uses variation, both pace and length. He's a very clever bowler. He's a much better option in these conditions than yet another quick bowler. We already have 3 quicks! Lets face facts Mitch Marsh isn't there for his batting! We don't need 4 quicks on turning pitches.

He's not attacking enough.. Defensive finger spinners? Yikes...

Not saying we need 4 quicks, because we don't.. I was saying we don't produce test class spinners and here is another series where we will get exposed again for our lack of quality spin bowlers.

Having said all this, wouldn't suprise me if he pulled a Jason Krejza this series smh

Back