Australian Touring Squad for India

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question - given his decent showing today and obvious ability against spin, would Ronchi be getting a chance as Aussie keeper in the subcontinent? Additionally, given Wade can't keep and Nevill isn't suited to limited overs batting, would he be getting another shot as limited overs keeper?

Limited overs would be right in contention for sure.

Tests, I think he might still be down the pecking order a little bit.

Pleasure to see him succeed on the international stage though.

Limited overs would be right in contention for sure.

Tests, I think he might still be down the pecking order a little bit.

Pleasure to see him succeed on the international stage though.
I'm not saying for all Tests, but those played in the subcontinent.

Getting mighty impatient waiting for dates to be announced :mad:

I wouldn't hold your breath that its any time soon. I've been on a few test tours to India & the BCCI have been annoyingly late at confirming Australian series' (two - two & a half months out). They also like to change the dates after the matches are announced. As a matter of fact, the last series in 2013 they left it really late to confirm the dates & venues for the 4 tests. Obviously, everyone booked their travel arrangements immediately, then a couple of weeks later the BCCI decided to revervse the order of the venues. That was rather frustrating! Conclussion - don't expect an announcement until some time in December, but hopefully I'm wrong this time round.
Cheers

Last edited:
Chappelli would rather see us meekly lose on comments today.
This dinosaur of cricket mentality is why we will keep losing in places like India.

Chappelli is a real old grinch these days, but he's right about Pujara's footwork. Pujara also has a ton of patience which few of our players - if any - have.

Chappelli is a real old grinch these days, but he's right about Pujara's footwork. Pujara also has a ton of patience which few of our players - if any - have.
Didn't hear the comments about Pujara.
Was more around his comments being against horses for courses with batsmen selections and should just select the best 6.

Yeah cos those flat track bullies are going to do so well in India :rolleyes:

Was more around his comments being against horses for courses with batsmen selections and should just select the best 6.

He's right though. The blokes we pick for India should be the blokes we pick in these flat tracks at home as well.

No need to waste 6 tests on Burns and Khawaja (and if Henriques was selected ahead of them as a pure bat we know they're not playing in India) and then go oh s**t well Handscomb has no experience so we can't pick him so lets shove in Bailey or Maxwell

He's right though. The blokes we pick for India should be the blokes we pick in these flat tracks at home as well.

No need to waste 6 tests on Burns and Khawaja (and if Henriques was selected ahead of them as a pure bat we know they're not playing in India) and then go oh s**t well Handscomb has no experience so we can't pick him so lets shove in Bailey or Maxwell
That's not what he said.

That's not what he said.

Probably correct.

Depends who you consider our best batsmen - the flat track bullies or the guys who might be able to score overseas.

Unfortunately I suspect my definition of best batsmen is different to the selectors.

Then again I wonder if Khawaja having a million dollar contract influences things

I was referring to his article in cricinfo. I try not to listen to him if I can help it.

Probably correct.

Depends who you consider our best batsmen - the flat track bullies or the guys who might be able to score overseas.

Unfortunately I suspect my definition of best batsmen is different to the selectors.

Then again I wonder if Khawaja having a million dollar contract influences things
He dismissed the idea of picking players that are not in the best 6 batsmen right now for players better suited to Indian conditions.
Completely oblivious to the fact that those 6 will see us get thrashed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He dismissed the idea of picking players that are not in the best 6 batsmen right now for players better suited to Indian conditions.

So he wants Burns and Khawaja?

Glad he isn't a selector

We are going to get thrashed anyway, but it's stupid to pretend that it doesn't matter who we send. Having watched Khawaja in the short formats, he appeared to have learned precisely nothing from his time in Sri Lanka. No point in sending him to India to have hiim getting out sloppily and cheaply innings after innings.

We are going to get thrashed anyway, but it's stupid to pretend that it doesn't matter who we send. Having watched Khawaja in the short formats, he appeared to have learned precisely nothing from his time in Sri Lanka. No point in sending him to India to have hiim getting out sloppily and cheaply innings after innings.

And making the wicket look even worse to the guys waiting to bat

Getting mighty impatient waiting for dates to be announced :mad:

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/indi...i-pune-bangalore-ranchi-dharamsala/2016-10-21

First Test: February 23 - 27, Pune
Second Test: March 4 - 8, Bangalore
Third Test: March 16 - 20, Ranchi
Fourth Test: March 25 - 29, Dharamsala

"Australia's first Test in the pivotal series against India is scheduled to start the day after the final Twenty20 international of the home summer, India authorities announced today.

The scheduling crunch means Australia's multi-format stars such as captain Steve Smith, batsman David Warner and fast bowling spearhead Mitchell Starc will unavoidably miss the three T20s against Sri Lanka in February.

Indeed, many of Australia's leading players are likely to be away from home for the majority of the first six months of 2017. Australia will play three Chappell-Hadlee one-day matches in New Zealand in early February, after which the Test players are likely to head directly to India."

It will come down to the temperament of the batsman. The India / NZ series showed you need time at the crease, run rates of 2-3 per over etc. The key question is can the Australian batsman bat with patience or not?

It will come down to the temperament of the batsman. The India / NZ series showed you need time at the crease, run rates of 2-3 per over etc. The key question is can the Australian batsman bat with patience or not?

the key answer is no. That's not "playing the Australian way".

thank you very much Cleavy :thumbsu:. I wish Dharamsala wasn't the 4th Test, hopefully it's not 2-0 or 3-0 by then. But I doubt Australia are good enough for the 4th Test to not be a dead rubber.

Question is, if I go to 2 Tests, which one of the 1st three Tests do I go to?

I'm thinking 1st Test in Pune so then I can get to Udaipur in Rajasthan before heading north to Dharamsala. And then to Kathmandu.

fly in to Mumbai
1st Test: Thu Feb 23 - Mon Feb 27, Pune
4th Test: Sat Mar 25 - Wed Mar 29, Dharamsala
fly out from New Delhi

https://www.crickettraveloffice.com.au/
http://www.astsports.com.au/india-2017/india-2017-pre-registration
http://www.sporttours.com.au/indian-cricket-tour
http://www.wavingtheflag.com/tour.asp?TourID=64

Last edited:
I'm in India at the moment, in Bombay Aussie working here so if any of you are coming for the series let me know and I could help you guys out, especially in Mumbai.

Bombay, Kalina, Santa Cruz, India

Remove this Banner Ad

Back