Australian Touring Squad for India

Remove this Banner Ad

But very common unfortunately.

As parochial as they are, most of the Kiwi TV commentators seem to have a really good handle on what players bring who they don't watch all that often. Can't say that about the 9 boys.
Disappointing that their are plenty of guys in the media that really are switched on with what is going on with Australian cricket, yet not many, if any of them can get a gig on channel 9.

You'd know.

Ask any captain in the world who they'd pick and aside from maybe Smith, to a man they'd say Rabada.

Quite what he's done to make you think he's a flog is anyone's guess.

Oh yeah, he was MOTM in a test win over Australia. That would explain it.[/QUOTE
Get ur head out of ur arse. Rabada's a flog with his pathetic send off's when he gets a wicket. 1 motm makes him a superstar? Your knowledge of cricket is negligible. If u hate Australia so much leave...

Warner
Khawaja (sounds like they're going Renshaw)
Smith
S Marsh
Handscomb
M Marsh
Wade
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood
Swepson (Will probably be O'keefe which I don't understand but oh well, will be fun to watch Kohli hit him for 19 consecutive sixes)

Would be my side, O'keefe couldn't turn it on Ricky Ponting 2005 on PS2 and they'll kill everyone we throw up so may as well give Swepson a go. Marsh v Agar for me, both have pros and cons but they'll likely go with Marsh. Khawaja over Renshaw both won't be successful in Asia IMO but I'd back in the technique of Khawaja to at least survive a while and score more as well. Still can't believe Head isn't there yet Maxwell is.

That doesn't stop someone from being an idiot. Good cricket mind normally, but his hatred for SOK and love of incpmetent Vics seems to judgement. Maxwell, M Marsh and Swepson are three I wouldn't pick. Maxwell was touch and go in my preferred squad - everything says "no" except the lack of distinctly better bats for the conditions. Still would not be in my first test team though, even from this squad of no-rounders and hack-spin.
Spell check please. Warne nows more about cricket than you I'd reckon.

Warner
Khawaja (sounds like they're going Renshaw)
Smith
S Marsh
Handscomb
M Marsh
Wade
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood
Swepson (Will probably be O'keefe which I don't understand but oh well, will be fun to watch Kohli hit him for 19 consecutive sixes)

Would be my side, O'keefe couldn't turn it on Ricky Ponting 2005 on PS2 and they'll kill everyone we throw up so may as well give Swepson a go. Marsh v Agar for me, both have pros and cons but they'll likely go with Marsh. Khawaja over Renshaw both won't be successful in Asia IMO but I'd back in the technique of Khawaja to at least survive a while and score more as well. Still can't believe Head isn't there yet Maxwell is.
Khawaja's technique is terrible...
Not sure what you don't understand about O'Keefe, considering on Shield form he is one of the best spinners in Australia.
Also, not sure how you can say Renshaw won't be successful considering we haven't seen him play against spinners yet.

The problem with Swepson is that he bowls way too many balls that are too short. The Indians dont need to attack him, they just need to wait for the bad balls.

Khawaja's technique is terrible...
Not sure what you don't understand about O'Keefe, considering on Shield form he is one of the best spinners in Australia.
Also, not sure how you can say Renshaw won't be successful considering we haven't seen him play against spinners yet.

The problem with Swepson is that he bowls way too many balls that are too short. The Indians dont need to attack him, they just need to wait for the bad balls.
Agree re swepson however I'll back him to bowl the more dangerous deliveries that'll ask questions every now and then, what's O'keefe asking? Yes shield performances have been good but this isn't shield cricket.

If you think Khawaja's technique isn't good and is 'terrible' then you don't have an understanding of proper techniques.

I'm saying in my opinion I don't think Renshaw (or Khawaja for that matter) will be VERY successful in spinning conditions where there is little pace on the ball, Khawaja we've already seen have trouble, he may improve, Renshaw may do okay but I'm not confident in him, I suppose seeing how he goes is worth it, but I personally would back Khawaja for reasons already explained.

But very common unfortunately.

As parochial as they are, most of the Kiwi TV commentators seem to have a really good handle on what players bring who they don't watch all that often. Can't say that about the 9 boys.
Never listened to Ian Smith? U really are an Aussie hater, who has no idea. Ur hate for my countries team is getting so repetitive. Move overseas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having an average of 21, a strike rate better than Malcolm Marshall's and the fact that he's got about 8 years until he reaches the typical peak age for a fast bowler says he a star.

If an Australian had that sort of record, you'd be arrested for flogging in the street over it.

He's played 12 less tests than Hazlewood and already has more 5 wicket hauls. He's played 21 less tests than Starc and he's 2 five wicket hauls behind him.

But enough about one of the guys who is a better bowler than Starc.
Let me move onto the two in Rabada's own team who are better than Starc.

Actually no, just google the names Philander and Steyn yourself.

Never listened to Ian Smith? U really are an Aussie hater, who has no idea. Ur hate for my countries team is getting so repetitive. Move overseas.

'As parochial as they are.'

That's my reference to how much they love barracking for their own team. I don't blame you for missing that because I'm almost certain you don't know what parochial means.

My point had nothing to do with how one eyed they are.

My point related to their knowledge of overseas players.

Sadly the Australian commentators who know about overseas players are either on Fox or on ABC rather than channel 9.

You are a sad individual. 'You don't like the team I like, in a sport that doesn't matter on the grand scheme of things, so move away.'

Are you David Oldfield by any chance?

Agree re swepson however I'll back him to bowl the more dangerous deliveries that'll ask questions every now and then, what's O'keefe asking? Yes shield performances have been good but this isn't shield cricket.

If you think Khawaja's technique isn't good and is 'terrible' then you don't have an understanding of proper techniques.

I'm saying in my opinion I don't think Renshaw (or Khawaja for that matter) will be VERY successful in spinning conditions where there is little pace on the ball, Khawaja we've already seen have trouble, he may improve, Renshaw may do okay but I'm not confident in him, I suppose seeing how he goes is worth it, but I personally would back Khawaja for reasons already explained.
If you aren't going to look at Shield performances then what is the point in the Shield?

I am saying his technique is bad against spin. Plants the foot forward and the bat forward and looks like he is going to lose his wicket every ball. Althought to be fair, against spin bowling he defends at too many balls in that bad region where he isn't looking to score, just defend. He might as well just 'leave' the ball

If you aren't going to look at Shield performances then what is the point in the Shield?

I am saying his technique is bad against spin. Plants the foot forward and the bat forward and looks like he is going to lose his wicket every ball. Althought to be fair, against spin bowling he defends at too many balls in that bad region where he isn't looking to score, just defend. He might as well just 'leave' the ball
I'm not discounting shield performances, but unless he shows he can start to turn the ball at all and ask questions I just don't think he'll ever be a threat to test batsmen, particularly bowling spin to the best players of spin in the world. For the record I don't rate Lyon at all either and think outside of Asia we should set and forget with Starc Hazlewood Pattinson Cummins with Head to bowl some token overs + Sayers and Bird waiting for the Cummins and Pattinson to get injured. We don't have a world class spinner so why play one? (Unless it's Asia obviously)

I'm not discounting shield performances, but unless he shows he can start to turn the ball at all and ask questions I just don't think he'll ever be a threat to test batsmen, particularly bowling spin to the best players of spin in the world. For the record I don't rate Lyon at all either and think outside of Asia we should set and forget with Starc Hazlewood Pattinson Cummins with Head to bowl some token overs + Sayers and Bird waiting for the Cummins and Pattinson to get injured. We don't have a world class spinner so why play one? (Unless it's Asia obviously)

Seen Herath and Jadeja?

People are questioning Rabada's place as the best young quick in the world? The kid's a gun.

I would say that Starc is better than Philander though. Philander isn't as good as he once was.

Now here's a debate:

Starc, Hazlewood, Rabada, Boult, Amir. Choose 3 to play with Ashwin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back