Australian Vaccine Rollout

Remove this Banner Ad

After months of cautiously waiting and seeing, I bit the bullet and am getting my first Pfizer shot on monday; booked in for the second one three weeks later.

Was shockingly easy. Just booked a time yesterday at the local pharmacy; was expecting to have to wait, but every time slot was open. I could have even gotten it later that day or over the weekend, if I had the time.

It's unfathomable that the Trump administration managed to set this up light years better than the libs.
You in the US or Aus?

Some of the biggest anti AstraZenaca's on this board (like Christopher Buttersnip) are fanatical leftists, not sky watchers :)
Fanatical leftist? Well I suppose viewed from your position on the extreme right it probably seems that way Drewie, my little right-wing mouthpiece.

AZ v Pfizer, some still believe one injection lasts a lifetime, the side effects (if & when), a booster for Pfizer after 6 months, blot clotting advice from an unqualified source, people happy to tell others they were wrong .... easy, listen to the experts.
Instead of the rollercoaster that is the PM.

Trust your GP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WA situation is what happens when you don't vaccinate the population asap: you're constantly looking over your shoulder fearing the next outbreak from 1-2 cases

This will go on for another bloody year
and the lack of urgency because we are "winning" at eradication makes people less desperate to needle up,along with fear and uncertainty and perceptions of quality or lack there off of the brand offered

The WA situation is what happens when you don't vaccinate the population asap: you're constantly looking over your shoulder fearing the next outbreak from 1-2 cases

This will go on for another bloody year
A shame we dont have vaccines for the under 50s, due to not, uh, actually ordering it til the end of last year.

But, Scotty got the very first dose.
I am alright Jack, I am covered.
Thats just nasty.

Off to empathy training again for you.

Because Morrison is and his menagerie couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Arguably the most mendacious, inept, corrupt excuse for a government in our recent history.

My Seppo mates family have had their 2 shots and right now they are wondering how a nation that has dealt with COVID so well has piss all vaccines.

My Seppo mate also has to explain just how incompetent Scotty from marketing really is and his family has lived through Reagan, Dubya, Obama and Trump and hated them all, yet scotty now takes the mantle of most hated leader for them.

A shame we dont have vaccines for the under 50s, due to not, uh, actually ordering it til the end of last year.

But, Scotty got the very first dose.
I am alright Jack, I am covered.
Thats just nasty.

Off to empathy training again for you.

it was to show us how ‘safe’ it is. Hows that worked out?

Surely any Australian citizen in a COVID hotspot, like India now, just has to hunker down and accept that they're in the wrong place at the wrong time (like people were stuck out of state during snap state lockdowns).

I don't see any decent reason to allow Australian citizens from countries with out-of-control outbreaks back through our HQ system. It's a system set up for an occasional case amongst hundreds, not for flights full of infected cases.

As for flights going the other way for funerals and weddings, there's no way I'd be allowing that. unless there's a way of stopping them coming back in for at least 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back