Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

did they really add an aussie into bullet club

Yep. Bad Luck Fale gave Mr Juicy (Gino Gambino) a shirt and anointed him after their tag match together. The crowd went nuts.

I think it's an indication that the professional alliance between MCW and NJPW will continue. Would also be a huge coup if he started showing up on their shows too in like a talent swap arrangement.

#BulletClubDownUnder

Th
Yep. Bad Luck Fale gave Mr Juicy (Gino Gambino) a shirt and anointed him after their tag match together. The crowd went nuts.

I think it's an indication that the professional alliance between MCW and NJPW will continue. Would also be a huge coup if he started showing up on their shows too in like a talent swap arrangement.

#BulletClubDownUnder
The future is looking so Bright for aussie wrestling. An Aussie in Bullet club, Osprey, Ryback, Airies having matches with local talent. Its sooo exciting!

Th
The future is looking so Bright for aussie wrestling. An Aussie in Bullet club, Osprey, Ryback, Airies having matches with local talent. Its sooo exciting!

Absolutely. Also loved the fact that in his post match mic spot Okada dropped other NJPW's names such as Omega, Tanahashi etc.

Ospreay dropped Okada's name in his post match mic spot a few months back and he then turned up. I'm hopeful we might get other big NJPW stars in the near future. Think they are going to need to book some bigger venues!

Absolutely. Also loved the fact that in his post match mic spot Okada dropped other NJPW's names such as Omega, Tanahashi etc.

Ospreay dropped Okada's name in his post match mic spot a few months back and he then turned up. I'm hopeful we might get other big NJPW stars in the near future. Think they are going to need to book some bigger venues!
I really hope Kenny Omega comes out here

So international assault will be releasing tickets for their 2018 shows the Tuesday after their 2017 show. Stacked card but will wait to see what the show is like before forking out another $100 for tickets to next year's show in March.

So international assault will be releasing tickets for their 2018 shows the Tuesday after their 2017 show. Stacked card but will wait to see what the show is like before forking out another $100 for tickets to next year's show in March.
What is the final lineup for the Melbourne show?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone go to International Assault?
Went to the Melbourne show, the big sour point from my perspective was coughing up $25 for the meet and greet only to be charged again by the talent to get a pic with them. No clue what the $25 for us tbh. The show itself was pretty good, ZSJ and Ricochet in the main was worth admission alone, fantastic match which should have been expected. Interesting booking to have all the internationals win though, I have been to other shows where they mix it up with the internationals putting some of the local talent over which can be beneficial for them also.

Not super fussed with Briscoe brothers and have seen Young Bucks a few times now, so unless a big name gets announced i'm interested in, will probably skip the next one in March.

Went to the Melbourne show, the big sour point from my perspective was coughing up $25 for the meet and greet only to be charged again by the talent to get a pic with them. No clue what the $25 for us tbh. The show itself was pretty good, ZSJ and Ricochet in the main was worth admission alone, fantastic match which should have been expected. Interesting booking to have all the internationals win though, I have been to other shows where they mix it up with the internationals putting some of the local talent over which can be beneficial for them also.

Not super fussed with Briscoe brothers and have seen Young Bucks a few times now, so unless a big name gets announced i'm interested in, will probably skip the next one in March.
Wow, getting charged for the photos is pretty shitty.

Was there a wrestler (can’t remember who) in the international assault tour who some fans followed him to the airport and asked for a photo and he went off because they didn’t pay for one at the meet and greet ?

Note for any other Aussie wrestlers - NJPW will be holding try outs out here next month.

I don't have an issue with the paying for pics thing. This is how these guys make a living, selling t-shirts, gimmicks and pictures. It's not like the guys on these indie shows are on hundred thousand dollar contracts.
I agree with you BUT he shouldn't have been a dick about it. Its not hard to smile for a quick pic. If he had of just smiled the fans would have left saying Austin is awesome & probably would've bought some of his merch in the future. Now they just think he is a utensil.

I don't have an issue with the paying for pics thing. This is how these guys make a living, selling t-shirts, gimmicks and pictures. It's not like the guys on these indie shows are on hundred thousand dollar contracts.
Then be upfront about it. Most feds I know sell meet and greet packages which are then divvied up between the internationals. I expected this to be the case at IA2K17. Now the promoter has pocketed $25x how ever many people purchased it for absolutely nothing. Doubt the internationals were aware of this as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back