Australians in county cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

There are 15 Aussies playing county cricket in England this year. Bolded are the ones that I'll be interested to see results from

Billy Stanlake (all three) and Ben McDermott (OD, T20) for Derbyshire
Cameron Bancroft (FC) for Durham
Peter Siddle (FC, LA) for Essex
Marnus Labuschagne (all three) and Michael Neser (FC, OD) for Glamorgan
Daniel Worrall (all three) for Gloucestershire
Marcus Harris (FC, OD) and Josh Inglis (T20) for Leicestershire
Peter Handscomb (FC, OD) and Mitchell Marsh (T20) for Middlesex
Dan Christian (T20) for Nottinghamshire
Sean Abbott (FC, T20) for Surrey
Travis Head (all three) for Sussex

Ben Dwarshuis (T20) for Worcestershire

Neser should be great in English cricket and it'll be very interesting to see how Billy goes as a consistent FC bowler over there.

Billy not fit enough for FC over an Australian summer. They basically play every single day over there don't they? He'd be gassed after a couple of rounds.

Good to see Head over there in all formats and McDermott/Inglis for some white ball stuff. They are the interesting players from a future Australian selection pov for mine. If I was Carey I'd be over there. He is the annointed one by the selectors but I'd prefer Inglis personally and Inglis really starting to put together a body of work that they have to take notice of.

Billy not fit enough for FC over an Australian summer. They basically play every single day over there don't they? He'd be gassed after a couple of rounds.
He's fit and has been in most Qld squads for matches since the BBL ended. Just isn't one of Qld's top 5 red ball quicks.

There are 15 Aussies playing county cricket in England this year. Bolded are the ones that I'll be interested to see results from

Billy Stanlake (all three) and Ben McDermott (OD, T20) for Derbyshire
Cameron Bancroft (FC) for Durham
Peter Siddle (FC, LA) for Essex
Marnus Labuschagne (all three) and Michael Neser (FC, OD) for Glamorgan
Daniel Worrall (all three) for Gloucestershire
Marcus Harris (FC, OD) and Josh Inglis (T20) for Leicestershire
Peter Handscomb (FC, OD) and Mitchell Marsh (T20) for Middlesex
Dan Christian (T20) for Nottinghamshire
Sean Abbott (FC, T20) for Surrey
Travis Head (all three) for Sussex

Ben Dwarshuis (T20) for Worcestershire

Neser should be great in English cricket and it'll be very interesting to see how Billy goes as a consistent FC bowler over there.
Handscomb might be an interesting one to follow, captaining in England at the home of cricket will be a good pressure cooker situation for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an utterly ridiculous innings from Stevens. When the 100 partnership came up, Cummins was on 1*
And when the partnership ended, on 166, Cummins had still only contributed 1.

"Contributing 160 of the pair's stand, Stevens contributed 96.4 per cent of the partnership - the highest share of any stand above 100 in first-class cricket."

So - Stevens 160, Cummins 1, Extras 5.

And an all-time f-c record in the process.

Amazing.

Stevens' scores in county cricket before the ridiculous 190 were 0, 9, 5, 0, 1 & 0. Before that though there was another run a ball hundred.

An amazing stat in a long line of amazing stats about Stevens is he now has 30 first class 5-fors. All of which have come after his 35th birthday.

You can see why if he's getting decision like that Labuschagne one. The Cricinfo commentator describing it as "more or less in line with off stump" was taking the piss.

One final interesting point from this game was that all 11 wickets claimed by Glamorgan in the match were taken by Australians. Michael Neser (4/67 & 1/28), Timm van der Gugten (4/34 & 0/18) and Marnus Labuschagne (2/27) were the wicket takers. Michael Hogan (0/67 & 0/2) also bowled for Glamorgan but went wicketless.

Marnus back is the runs with 44 and 63no to steer Glamorgan home on a pitch that was doing 130k legbreaks. Cant believe Fox were already pushing articles that he was in downfall, poor bloke has got the s**t end of the stick as far as pitch and weather conditions go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back