AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Forget the Volpato chasing, all hail Kuol as the leader of the next golden generation.

Let's hope Newcastle loan him back here for the rest of the season, it would be great to see him flourish

Let's hope Newcastle loan him back here for the rest of the season, it would be great to see him flourish

I doubt that will happen, TBH. I think they will want to see how he handles Europe.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Don't get excited.
This is a really weak squad, the worst squad we have ever assembled.
And preparation has been atrocious.
With a little luck, we might come across a France off their game so early in the tournament, and we might jag a draw against Tunisia, but if we can score more than one goal for the whole tournament, I would be absolutely amazed.
Expect an over-reliance on set pieces, hoping for penalties, own goals and deflections - we ain't going to be creating too many gilt edged chances from open play, I can guarantee you that much.
And that's the positive!
If things go as bad as what I'm thinking is likely, this could end up being worse than Ange's squad from 2014, the worst socceroo performance on record (and their performances were actually lauded by aussie fans!)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Don't get excited.
This is a really weak squad, the worst squad we have ever assembled.
And preparation has been atrocious.
With a little luck, we might come across a France off their game so early in the tournament, and we might jag a draw against Tunisia, but if we can score more than one goal for the whole tournament, I would be absolutely amazed.
Expect an over-reliance on set pieces, hoping for penalties, own goals and deflections - we ain't going to be creating too many gilt edged chances from open play, I can guarantee you that much.
And that's the positive!
If things go as bad as what I'm thinking is likely, this could end up being worse than Ange's squad from 2014, the worst socceroo performance on record (and their performances were actually lauded by aussie fans!)

Ange's performances at 2014 were pretty good apart from the Spain game (we were out by then). With a little bit of luck we could easily have won the Chile / Netherlands games.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Ange's performances at 2014 were pretty good apart from the Spain game (we were out by then). With a little bit of luck we could easily have won the Chile / Netherlands games.

Yes, I understand, they were very competitive in their first two games (although in the opening 12 minutes against Chile they were like deers caught in the headlights).
Still, it is officially the worst performance by the socceroos at the WC, even worse than 1974 (in terms of points earned and goal difference).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back