Remove this Banner Ad

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
Who do you think will be next test captain?

I say Phil Hughes. I think he will be a better player and captain then even Punter.

mClarke329

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2012
Zimbabwe
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Chelsea
M8, you are kidding yourself. Phil Hughes will never be better than Punter!

I think he will be a better player and captain then even Punter.

6a0120a735b61b970b013483f38363970c-800wi

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
M8, you are kidding yourself. Phil Hughes will never be better than Punter!
Hughes is the most potential we have had in years and I reckon he is no at the age where he can kick on.

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
Hughes is sh!t
No he is not, he is still the most potential we have had in years, he has gone back, fixed the technique, and is ready to score some big runs noes. 10,000 plus test runs for him.

Btw... You do you reckon?

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Hughes is the most potential we have had in years and I reckon he is no at the age where he can kick on.

Yep, agreed. We should remember that Clarke will probably be in the job until at least 2016, and by then a potential skipper such as Hughes could have another 4 years of experience, and will be the right age (28) to take on the job.

When players such as Ian Chappell, Steve Waugh, Ponting and Clarke were dropped from the Test team in their early 20s, I don't recall too many people predicting Text captaincy for any of them.

mClarke329

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2012
Zimbabwe
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Chelsea
No he is not, he is still the most potential we have had in years, he has gone back, fixed the technique, and is ready to score some big runs noes. 10,000 plus test runs for him.

Btw... You do you reckon?
Hughes will not be captain while he is running people out.

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
Hughes will not be captain while he is running people out.
Stupid thing to say. The Warner one wasn't his fault. When he run himself out, that was kinda his fault for not calling and ball watching, but I mean that is just a weak argument.

mClarke329

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2012
Zimbabwe
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Chelsea
Stupid thing to say. The Warner one wasn't his fault. When he run himself out, that was kinda his fault for not calling and ball watching, but I mean that is just a weak argument.
Phil Hughes has no potential! He will never be captain. He only got selected becuase he was in 'good form' at Adelaide Oval!

Phil Hughes has no potential! He will never be captain. He only got selected becuase he was in 'good form' at Adelaide Oval!

That is wrong on a number of levels mate.

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
They play everywhere. And how can you say Hughes has no potential, that just makes me rate you down on cricket knowledge.

Phil-Hughes.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
Phil Hughes will never be better than Bradman!
No one will be better then Bradman, but he has great potential to be one of the alltime greats.

So please explain your "no potential" theory

mClarke329

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2012
Zimbabwe
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Chelsea
No one will be better then Bradman, but he has great potential to be one of the alltime greats.

So please explain your "no potential" theory
He is no good!

And explain your better than Bradman theory!

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
He is no good!

And explain your better than Bradman theory!
How is he no good.

And he isn't better then Bradman, but he will be a great.

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
Guys, let me have the last word. Hughes has a bad technique. He only got selected because of the sh!t bowlers he is currently facing.

That is all.
Hughes has fixed his technique. He was in cricket wilderness. He could have just played Shield and be lazy, but he worked his arse off to get back into the side, he fixed the glitches and is reaping the rewards.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Hughes has fixed his technique. He was in cricket wilderness. He could have just played Shield and be lazy, but he worked his arse off to get back into the side, he fixed the glitches and is reaping the rewards.
I agree, he might have slightly fixed his technique, but name some good bowlers in Sheffield Shield that he has faced.
And CRICKET DRAFT! :p

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
I agree, he might have slightly fixed his technique, but name some good bowlers in Sheffield Shield that he has faced.
And CRICKET DRAFT! :p
Jackson Bird, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Clint McKay, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Luke Butterworth, Nuwan Kulasekara, Chanaka Welegedara, Shaminda Eranga, Dhammika Prasad ;)

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
George Bailey- selectors seem to love him and must rate his captaining ability. Clarke may only play 2-3 more seasons due to injury and if Bailey replaces Hussey he will be 33 by the time he takes over from Clarke. If not you would have to say David Warner/Phil Hughes mainly due to their age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back