Current Australia's Top 10 Most Wanted Fugitives - Mugshots

Remove this Banner Ad

What always stands out to me when these fugitives are posted in the Media is how poor our police forces are in giving out information regarding these people.

I'm assuming they have a lot of intelligence on these people yet they absolutely refuse to share it

What always stands out to me when these fugitives are posted in the Media is how poor our police forces are in giving out information regarding these people.

I'm assuming they have a lot of intelligence on these people yet they absolutely refuse to share it

There are some details within the article. Bit dubious about these drives sometimes though, I recall being in court as an observer/minder in NSW late 90's I think it was and seeing someone in there. He appeared on Australia's Most Wanted about a week later back in Victoria. :tearsofjoy:

• Jayson Aworth: Charged with aggravated sexual assault offences in January 2017.
  • John Victor Bobak: Wanted for his alleged involvement in the murders of Maureen Ambrose and Peter George Wade in 1991.
  • Clint Brilley: Served time for armed robbery and released on parole. His parole has since been revoked and a warrant for his arrest has been issued.
  • Phillip John Cream: Convicted of aggravated serious criminal trespass. Wanted for breaching parole conditions.
  • Neil Cummins: Wanted in relation to his alleged 2014 involvement in an extortion.
  • Jonathan Dick: Wanted in relation to the murder of his brother, David Dick, in February 2017.
  • Kayne Edwards: Numerous arrest warrants are in place for Edwards, including two for allegedly damaging property and assault.
  • Alex Egan: Convicted of armed robbery. Failed to appear for sentencing.
  • Henry Jonathon Evans: Convicted of grievous bodily harm. Wanted for breaching parole conditions.
  • Jonathon Grey: Charged with numerous drug offences, including multiple counts of trafficking amphetamine, heroin and cannabis. Breached bail conditions and failed to appear at court.
  • Kathleen Ann Grey: Charged with numerous drug offences, including multiple counts of trafficking, including amphetamine, heroin and cannabis. Breached bail conditions and failed to appear at court.
  • Gene Nicholas Hawkins: Convicted and sentenced in relation to the possession of a commercial quantity of methamphetamine. Wanted for breaching parole conditions.
  • Brendan Lees: Wanted for the alleged sexual assault of a woman in 2016.
  • Tanompong Pota: Convicted of unlawful supply and possession of a dangerous drug. Wanted in relation to a suspended sentence relating to a count of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. Also wanted for breaching parole conditions.
  • Warren Leslie Scrivener: Wanted on assault charges. Arrested and bailed but failed to appear at court.
  • Nelio Serra: Wanted on multiple charges of breaking and entering. Failed to attend court and warrants for his arrest have been issued.
  • Matthew James Tate: Convicted of armed robbery and other dishonesty fraud and drug offences and sentenced to prison. Became eligible for parole and once released failed to comply with his parole conditions. A warrant for his arrest and return to custody has been issued.
  • Antonio Toliseli: Wanted in relation to an aggravated burglary and alleged assault.
  • Thomas Peter Walsh: Alleged to have been in possession of a large amount of the drug ice before it was located by detectives in a South Brisbane apartment. He is believed to have fled Queensland and may now be residing in NSW.

Its not so much the charges etc. but more where police believe them to be, people that they associate with, what their interests are, are they on specific medication, are they likely to seek medical treatment on a regular basis, distinguishing features etc. etc.

I mean were lowly people on a forum and have ideas. Surely they aren't all that dumb in the police??

Top 10 ? Breach bail and extortion? Surely people like Dick deserve to be on there but top 10 seems hyperbolic for some

Agree, it seems a tad pathetic.

Especially when you look at just some of the ones that got away by fleeing the country. There's actually a lot more than is listed in this article. Pouffe, they gone and pretty sure most of them aren't even chased.

Whether Australia shares an extradition treaty with a foreign nation or not, investigators will always seek a wanted criminal - last year Australia made seven new extradition requests, while 20 requests continued. Six requests were granted.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...leged-killers-on-the-run-20180727-p4zu1w.html

Its not so much the charges etc. but more where police believe them to be, people that they associate with, what their interests are, are they on specific medication, are they likely to seek medical treatment on a regular basis, distinguishing features etc. etc.

I mean were lowly people on a forum and have ideas. Surely they aren't all that dumb in the police??

They have to be careful given that, if arrested, there's a good chance that these people will go to a trial in front of a jury. Putting too much information out there could prejudice a jury, leading to a good defense attorney being able to argue that any trial is unfair to their client.

They have to be careful given that, if arrested, there's a good chance that these people will go to a trial in front of a jury. Putting too much information out there could prejudice a jury, leading to a good defense attorney being able to argue that any trial is unfair to their client.

So the police saying something like "they have been known to visit certain areas" would prejudice a trial? I don't think so. Have a look at every bulletin released by the likes of the FBI. Full of detailed info. This is about apprehension, not trials.

Only yesterday :laughing::laughing:

Awkward moment when man police want to interview turns up during their press conference

There were heated scenes outside a Sydney police station on Wednesday, after a man officers wanted to speak to in connection to an investigation turned up while their press conference was happening inside the building.

Hussein Ayoub and his lawyer Eidan Havas gave a fiery and impromptu address to the media outside Kogarah Police Station, with Mr Ayoub saying "I haven't done anything wrong".

Moments earlier the duo arrived at the station while officers held a news conference upstairs.

Police were telling reporters they wanted to speak to the 43-year-old, as well as another man, who they believed could assist with inquiries into an alleged rogue ring of tradesmen.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...erence-outside-sydney-police-station/10202902

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back