Australia's tour of the UAE October 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

They could do worse than giving Finch a go either opening or down the order. In great form atm
Renshaw
Finch
Khawaja
Marsh
Maxwell
M Marsh
Paine
Starc
Tremain / Swepson
Lyon
Holland
He averaged 33 last FC season.

As i said his form AT THE MOMENT is pretty good
He's always in good form in LO cricket. You can't pick test match teams off LO form, we've been shown that time and again.

Or the extra batsman.
edit: well, I say extra, I mean the traditional six batsmen, four bowlers, and with two bit-part trundlers to fill any gap there is no need for a "fifth bowler" who hardly gets any overs.
It will be interesting to see if Paine is more inclined than Smith to use the spare bowlers that he's given.

He's always in good form in LO cricket. You can't pick test match teams off LO form, we've been shown that time and again.

Warner, he was picked on the back of his LO form..there is no one else jumping up and saying pick me so if there someone making runs for Aust in50 over cricket and with Finch's experience, all im saying is they could do worse

Warner, he was picked on the back of his LO form..there is no one else jumping up and saying pick me so if there someone making runs for Aust in50 over cricket and with Finch's experience, all im saying is they could do worse
Warner was picked off the fact he'd scored 148 in the FC match preceding the first test that year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finch has grown on me a lot but the thought of him as a test cricketer after all the first class disasters makes me cringe.

But these days the ends justifies the means (see Buttler, Rashid) and with the dearth of experience in the top order following the suspension of Bancroft, Warner & Smith combined with lack of obvious alternatives coming through perhaps I shouldn't be so worried.

Jesus - id better dust off the pads

If Finch is getting a call up to the test side, I can’t be far behind

There’s one thing throwing a Hail Mary to someone who shows promise - but not yet delivered

There’s another thing giving a spot to a guy who is proven to not be able to make it a the lower levels

Remove this Banner Ad

Back