Australia's tour of the West Indies 2021 (5 T20Is, 3 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sold on him. Has he cemented his spot here. Gets starts then tosses it away. Sound familiar.. did same in tests which ended in his dumping.

Inglis is firming for mine, tho yet to play any white ball internationals. So he has to convince CA his BBL and County form is WC standard...

Last edited:

ODI team should be
Finch c
Philippe
Henriques
M Marsh
Carey +
Wade
Agar
Starc
Hazlewood
Zampa
Behrendorff

If Finch is out, Carey opens, Wade goes to 5, turner comes in

So we move on to the ODI

Will finch get up with his knee???

If not Wade to captain ???....for me I would give it to Mitch Marsh
I love Mitch but he couldn't captain a packet of Maltesers.
He doesn't think to much about the game.
Is a see ball hit ball player.

Played a lot better for the Scorchers last season when it was given to Turner.

First ODI

1. Aaron Finch
2. Josh Phillipe
3. Ben McDermott
4. Mitchell Marsh
5. Ashton Turner
6. Alex Carey WK
7. Ashton Agar
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Adam Zampa
10. Josh Hazlewood
11. Jason Berendorff

I love Mitch but he couldn't captain a packet of Maltesers.
He doesn't think to much about the game.
Is a see ball hit ball player.

Played a lot better for the Scorchers last season when it was given to Turner.

Nah I reckon he has done okay as captain Tugga....apart from smashing the door with his fist :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy walks into a brothel and says to the Madam, "I want to be completely and utterly humiliated! What can you do for me?" he asks.
The Madam looks at her books, turns a couple of pages and then says, "Well I have a package that will cost you 60 dollars sir!"
"What do I get for my 60 dollars?" He asks.
To which the madam replies, "An Australian T20 Cricket uniform!"

Looking at the team for the World Cup, the best our batting has looked since the last World Cup was during the tri-series with England and NZ under Warners captaincy. This team had an opening combo of Warner/Short with Finch batting 5 (a role I think he could be really good at given the lack of finishers we have) but it was really centred around Maxwell at 4.

Then I think the best our bowling looked was the little period about 18-24 months ago where we beat India away then Pakistan here and then South Africa away. Particularly in the South African series all the bowlers had set roles which they seemed to know down to a tee. It was essentially Starc/Cummins up top, Zampa and Agar controlling the middle overs, Cummins bowling out early and then KRicho and Starc bowling the death overs. The spinners in particular seemed to thrive knowing the overs they were going to bowl.

Our problem is that we seem to forget the series in which we make progress with the T20 side. Most of this board probably wouldn't remember these series but what's a little concerning is the selectors seem to forget too. I'm backing George Bailey in to get us back to this with his selections though as I feel as if he's the one of our selectors given control over the T20 side. With this in mind - and knowing my Finch at 5 idea is not going to happen - I think we need to start working towards something like:

Wade
Finch
Warner
Maxwell
MMarsh
Stoin
Agar
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
KRicho

I have some other thoughts around variations on this line up that include playing an extra bat instead of one of the fast bowlers or looking at players like Inglis/Smith/Labuschagne/McDermott/Hazlewood/JRicho replacing others in this line up but this is already a bit long so I'll leave it there.

Looking at the team for the World Cup, the best our batting has looked since the last World Cup was during the tri-series with England and NZ under Warners captaincy. This team had an opening combo of Warner/Short with Finch batting 5 (a role I think he could be really good at given the lack of finishers we have) but it was really centred around Maxwell at 4.

Then I think the best our bowling looked was the little period about 18-24 months ago where we beat India away then Pakistan here and then South Africa away. Particularly in the South African series all the bowlers had set roles which they seemed to know down to a tee. It was essentially Starc/Cummins up top, Zampa and Agar controlling the middle overs, Cummins bowling out early and then KRicho and Starc bowling the death overs. The spinners in particular seemed to thrive knowing the overs they were going to bowl.

Our problem is that we seem to forget the series in which we make progress with the T20 side. Most of this board probably wouldn't remember these series but what's a little concerning is the selectors seem to forget too. I'm backing George Bailey in to get us back to this with his selections though as I feel as if he's the one of our selectors given control over the T20 side. With this in mind - and knowing my Finch at 5 idea is not going to happen - I think we need to start working towards something like:

Wade
Finch
Warner
Maxwell
MMarsh
Stoin
Agar
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
KRicho

I have some other thoughts around variations on this line up that include playing an extra bat instead of one of the fast bowlers or looking at players like Inglis/Smith/Labuschagne/McDermott/Hazlewood/JRicho replacing others in this line up but this is already a bit long so I'll leave it there.

Yeah I do remember that series it was a while back when Short was in form and I think we chased down 220 odd in NZ ...

But I think Finchie is best suited for opening at this stage....back then he was in better form and playing the spin well....which was one of the reason they used him at number 5. Also I think as captain Finchie wants to lead from the front and get the team off to a good start

With Josh Inglis scoring another hundred last night he could be an option for that middle order/keeper role

I do believe the selectors will take into account players form in t20 comps around the world ....so Inglis and Labs are in the frame

With our keepers flopping, CA have to do all they possibly can do get this bloke in for Bangladesh

A second Blast ton by Josh Inglis overnite just may convince CA he is the real deal for the WC. The West Aussie keeper/batsman is now the comps leading run-scorer with 531 runs from 14 games at a strike rate of @175. With his team the Leicestershire Foxes unable to qualify for the Blast finals, Inglis will now link up with Shane Warne's London Spirit in The Hundred after replacing Maxwell. Please CA dont white ball pigeon hole this bloke. He has the game imo to play internationals in all formats.

I know I am a West Aussie so there is a little bias :)........BUT I seriously do believe Inglis is the best KEEPER with the gloves in the country atm. His batting is a bonus and a good one at that. I do believe that people discount keeping a bit in the modern age due to the exploits of the great Gilchrist....and that you need to score runs at a high scoring rate to be in the team......fair enough but with Inglis you get both a explosive batter and the potential to be the best with the gloves since Healy ........a big call I know but I believe he has the potential

Finch
Warner
Smith/Marnus
Maxwell
Marsh
Inglis
Sams
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Zampa.

Bats and bowls deep. That's my ideal T20I side. I think Sams has been used incorrectly. He's the exact low order finisher we've been looking for, he's just not a front line bowler, but more than handy for 2 overs a game minimum. He has a SR of 234.78 at international level (only 4 games) but also a SR of 147.77 at domestic level, which is still pretty damn good.

The rest kinda speaks for itself.

I know I am a West Aussie so there is a little bias :)........BUT I seriously do believe Inglis is the best KEEPER with the gloves in the country atm. His batting is a bonus and a good one at that. I do believe that people discount keeping a bit in the modern age due to the exploits of the great Gilchrist....and that you need to score runs at a high scoring rate to be in the team......fair enough but with Inglis you get both a explosive batter and the potential to be the best with the gloves since Healy ........a big call I know but I believe he has the potential
Best is out of Inglis, Carey and Peirson imo. Carey holds the Shield record so is my man for the Test gloves. Tho Peirson is as technically proficient. Of the three I think Inglis has best chance to keep in all three formats down the track.

Last edited:
I like Carey with the bat just not as good with gloves as Inglis....
You dont take then hold (unsure) the Shield season wicket keeping record unless you are a very proficient keeper. Eclipsed Hartley and Secombe.. need I say more. Carey has also been averaging over @50 in his past 12 Shield matches. Worthy credentials to be our next Test keeper. Inglis only needs to stay on his present path of improvement and he is the next Test keeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back