Current Kathleen Folbigg * Convictions Overturned

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia's 'most hated woman' Kathleen Folbigg.

Convicted of killing her four children, Australia's worst female serial killer, Kathleen Folbigg's legal team fights for a judicial review of her case. Fresh forensic opinion argues natural causes are a plausible explanation for their deaths.

The petition, which was lodged with the NSW Governor in 2015, includes a comprehensive new report from Professor Stephen Cordner, one of Australia's pre-eminent forensic pathologists. It casts doubt on the forensic evidence that formed a major plank of the prosecution case in the trial and which, ultimately, contributed to Folbigg's conviction.

In 2013, Folbigg's lawyers commissioned an extensive and detailed report from Professor Stephen Cordner, who examined the medical evidence presented at the trial.

"There is no positive forensic pathology support for the contention that any or all of these children have been killed," Professor Cordner concluded in his report.

New forensic report raises questions about conviction of serial-killer mother

How would you be losing four babies only to be convicted of their murder and you didn't do it?

Last edited:
One of them had marks consistent with a pillow smothering thier face.

Then there's her own diary submissions.

But these facts get in the way of a cool story bro

One of them had marks consistent with a pillow smothering thier face.

Then there's her own diary submissions.

But these facts get in the way of a cool story bro

Yes, I've seen them. I wasn't suggesting Folbigg didn't murder her babies but if there's a question raised on new (not evidence I get the difference) opinion, enough for a successful petition then it might just look a bit shaky.

I recall what happened to Lindy Chamberlain, if we'd had a death penalty option she'd have been executed before that matinee jacket was found. oops.

Yes, I've seen them. I wasn't suggesting Folbigg didn't murder her babies but if there's a question raised on new (not evidence I get the difference) opinion, enough for a successful petition then it might just look a bit shaky.

I recall what happened to Lindy Chamberlain, if we'd had a death penalty option she'd have been executed before that matinee jacket was found. oops.

Lindy Chamberlain's story falls apart at every point. The only issue was the n't police handling of the case and pressures involved

Theres also many who think falconios murderer is innocent.

People are getting fame out of these and money

She wants out of the clink. It's only natural

Look up Tom Keogh. No question he done it but the forensic scientist liked to invent things to make the cases stick. He thought he was doing the system a favour

Now Keogh's a millionaire from the pay out despot moments before the murder he set up a few life insurance policy for her

Lindy Chamberlain's story falls apart at every point. The only issue was the n't police handling of the case and pressures involved

Look up Tom Keogh. No question he done it but the forensic scientist liked to invent things to make the cases stick. He thought he was doing the system a favour

Now Keogh's a millionaire from the pay out despot moments before the murder he set up a few life insurance policy for her

Agree with many of your points but sorry, I'm one of those who thinks maybe Bradley Murdoch while certainly not innocent, may not have been the man who killed Peter Falconio. :oops:

I've been meaning to have a look at Tom Keogh's case actually but haven't had time. Looks interesting.

Yeah - she is currently the worst female Australian SK.

Cath Burnie not far behind.

Other “females” (think Trudy Lenon types - ugh) on radar.

Bandyup needs SK extensions.

Last edited:

There's a thread here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/henry-keogh-retrial.1084661/

Agree with many of your points but sorry, I'm one of those who thinks maybe Bradley Murdoch while certainly not innocent, may not have been the man who killed Peter Falconio. :oops:

I've been meaning to have a look at Tom Keogh's case actually but haven't had time. Looks interesting.
Murdoch wanted Lee's story but she accepted a rivals offer so they destroyed her.

Sick s**t

I don't think Lees lied actually, unless there was a bit more smoke in the van than she was prepared to admit. The answer imo though isn't in attacking her.

Sa police had enough on him when they caught him in port Augusta doing another abuction

So ..?

The people who dealt with Lee's from the truck she flagged down to the the doctors who sedated her are under no illusions

The media are shocking. Murdoch made money out of attacking her. Also cost thier rival by countering her story. They didn't care what it done to her or both families. Exactly like the phone tapping they were into and the lives destroyed to make.money

Vultures. IMO the expert in the case in this thread is also a vulture

What do the father's of her kids have to say? They would have an idea.

Wow ... she has her inquiry.

New South Wales Attorney-General Mark Speakman has announced there will be an inquiry into the convictions of Australia's worst female serial killer, Kathleen Folbigg.

Mr Speakman said she would remain incarcerated during the course of the inquiry, which is estimated to take between six and 12 months.

The matter may be forwarded to the Court of Criminal Appeal if the probe finds there is reasonable doubt around Folbigg's convictions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...g-announces-inquiry-into-convictions/10152674

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the line she wrote in her diary was "she left with some assistance" when talking about one of the children.

That doesn't look good. I was a bit surprised to see she was granted an inquiry on this but if Kathleen Folbigg can get one Keli Lane with the Innocene Project behind her might have an even better chance.

One of her babies (toddler) was with the sitter and she stopped breathing apparently.

LAURA TINGLE, PRESENTER: Kathleen Folbigg was branded Australia's worst female serial killer after being convicted of killing all four of her children.

But her case has always been controversial. Now a judicial inquiry is going to be held into her convictions.

Tonight, for the first time, a friend of Kathleen Folbigg's recounts a frightening incident when she thought that one of Kathleen's children was going to die on her watch.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-13/how-did-kathleen-folbiggs-children-die/10615186

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...y/news-story/b8dc1c66dc53c88f469d12dad09d92e6

Decades-old DNA from the children of serial killer Kathleen Folbigg including newborn blood spots and frozen organ tissue has been analysed for the inquiry into her convictions.

Counsel assisting, Gail Furness SC, on Monday said a multidisciplinary panel of experts had conducted genomic sequence testing on the samples using technologies that have emerged since Folbigg's NSW trial in 2003.
Folbigg was jailed for at least 25 years after she was found guilty of killing her four babies - Caleb, Patrick, Sarah and Laura - in the decade from 1989.
The 2019 inquiry is focused on medical advances and new research including three or more infant deaths in the one family attributed to unidentified natural causes.
Ms Furness said the expert reports from Sydney and Canberra found "no known pathogenic or likely pathogenic variants in genes that could explain unexpected death" in any of Folbigg's four children.
The inquiry continues.

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...y/news-story/9540493479f7b0a8238cc03857bfcefa

"Serial baby killer Kathleen Folbigg has given evidence for the first time about her personal diaries, defending them as evidence of her frustrations as a mother and not admissions of guilt.

Folbigg was jailed for at least 25 years in 2003 after she was found guilty of killing her four babies - Caleb, Patrick, Sarah and Laura - in the decade from 1989.
The 51-year-old did not testify at her trial but teared up at times when she faced the Coroners Court in Sydney on Monday.
Six of her diaries taken from the 10 to 11-year period, in which her four children died, are before the inquiry while up to five others are unaccounted for."

Six of her diaries taken from the 10 to 11-year period, in which her four children died, are before the inquiry while up to five others are unaccounted for."

I buy a diary every year without always keeping them, the years I hold onto are gappy. IMO it's not significant.

Here we go again.

The new genetic findings, by an international team of 27 scientists from Australia, Denmark, Italy, Canada, the United States and France, have been peer-reviewed and published today in top international cardiology journal, Europace.

The scientists say they have examined the presence of a novel, never-before reported, genetic mutation in Folbigg's children Sarah and Laura that they inherited from her.

Scientists in Denmark, who have carried out biochemical experiments say the results show the mutation, known as the CALM2 G114R variant is "likely pathogenic" and "likely" caused the girls' deaths.

Scientists call for convicted baby killer Kathleen Folbigg to be pardoned, released

Ninety medical and scientific experts are pushing for convicted serial killer Kathleen Folbigg to receive a full pardon, arguing she is not responsible for the deaths of her four infant children.
Folbigg is currently behind bars after she was convicted of the murder of three of her children and the manslaughter of another.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back