Autopsy Autopsy in Every Sense of the Word - Freo Embarrassed by Geelong - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Comprehensively outclassed. Injuries to key players in Lobb and Darcy.

How good is Thursday night footy

On a more serious note, if you attack each other in here I’ll thread ban you immediately.

I would also kindly ask any of the posters that like to disappear after wins and pop up like a rabbit out of a hat when we perform poorly to at least discuss in some kind of good faith.

Cheers my fellow Freo sufferers

Well we know where we're at now. Is it really that surprising?

Somewhere between 7th and 12th. Probbaly around 9th in reality. Bit to work on. Finals are close but not yet.

Send Fyfe for surgery now. Put the sore people on ice. Play the kids, see out the season.

Melting about reality is just hilarious. How do you go when real problems occur in your lives?

I’m going to the docs tomorrow to see if I have bipolar, but my symptoms are only during the footy season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way off it.

First two quarters they just pushed an pushed until they broke us. This wasn't Carlton where we didn't turn up, make no mistake we turned up and Geelong were just better and stronger.

Longmuir has been great but there's a bit of toughness missing which he needs to answer. It's the difference between manager and coach.

Hughes was the wrong choice being captain hindsight. He was terrible Tucker and Hughes are too one paced.

The truth is we aren't there yet but that doesn't matter, it matters of we learn from these games.

Didn’t earn our spot in the 8 last week, other teams failing got us there.
We will certainly earn our way out after tonight though.

no sense of wet conditions
Too many C graders
No heart
Same sloppy goal kicking when the small opportunities presented

On the plus side - this brings us right back down to earth with zero expectations which is a much more comfortable spot for a Freo fan.

We got taught an absolute lesson tonight in what was probably the most drab, disheartening performance of Longmuir's tenure so far. Geelong gave the younger guys front row seats on what a true top 4 outfit looks like. Whether we capitalise and "learn from" this experience is a different matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back