Autopsy - North (98) d Brions (61) (28th March)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
All in here...

It’s been a few days now and I guess everyone really is in 'lockdown'. Still, I’m surprised no one seems to have posted an autopsy thread yet. Surely we aren't that downcast we can't celebrate, especially after such a strong away win. Yeah, they had injuries, but so did we. You take a six goal win any day.

With two wins, we’re now in the eight, and with the sort of form that suggests we’ll remain there for the rest of the season. (Injuries permitting.) A season is a long time in football, it seems… the Lions now with two losses for the year and, if they’re not careful, they’ll remain in the bottom four, not the top four as some pundits predicted, following the success of last year.

Anyway, what a win eh? What I loved most was how, despite the predictable lapse in the second quarter – we still need to sort that one out - we never really seemed headed.

Goldy again with multiple appendages. It doesn’t matter that Martin was out injured. You can only beat your opponent on the day. It was sweet to see the ‘Big O’ humiliated in any case.

Polec made Robinson’s attempted/faux rough-housing look completely silly. (More silly.) If there had been a crowd, I reckon they’d still be booing Polly. Polec gets my three votes. Some of those I50s were sublime and those arc-ing couple goals from the 50 were both timely and poetic. He’s definitely getting more of his own ball too, which I’m loving.

While they put a lot of work into Cunners, he still won his share of clearances, and the synergy with him, Jy and Higgo is vasted underrated imho. Jy continuing to show maturity, but it was a more a workmanlike performance from them all I thought. Bonar did well rotating with Froggie on McCluggage; well done on your first game in the royal blue and white. No need to mention TT… still building, but there were even more signs on display of what is to come. That kick under pressure to Brown just threaded the needle.

Apart from their cameos in the second quarter, Neale and Zorko had little influence. I loved seeing Jed’s couple of tackles on Zorko just before half-time. Huge! They clearly wrested the momentum back, and the look on Zorko’s face was priceless. Jed is such a vital player!

Brownie still not in his groove, although Andrews is a decent defender. The main thing is he took attention from the ‘housemates’ who are continuing their breakout form from 2019. Great goal kicker, even better team player. Brilliant pressure and a couple of strong goals in the last by Zurhaar, to balance Souva’s couple in the first quarter. Curtis… just sweet!!

The backline all played well, as a unit, and it was great seeing Maj back, not giving Hipwood a sniff all day, and Taz putting the clamps on McStay for most of the game, despite those couple in the second. The second one was definitely a gift… atrocious decision! Murphy took his chance, and didn't disgrace.

No changes for next week.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
I'm still loving jmac's bone crunching tackle on charlie cameron in the 2nd. Stopped a certain goal. Game changer.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I'm still loving jmac's bone crunching tackle on charlie cameron in the 2nd. Stopped a certain goal. Game changer.
He'll still have his critics, you know that.

Out: MacMillan Dumont
In: Perez Wood
You know there are people here who will actually want this. "When jokes go too far."

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Will Maj be in MRO trouble after that lt. upper cut to Robinson ? I mean Razor was right there and didn't report it at the time.
You must have missed it with the Caro s**t going down Hoju. All good. Eyes on the ball. Incidental. 'Player couldn't reasonably foreseen this consequence.' Play on. He'll be important against Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back