Autopsy Autopsy: North Melbourne vs Fremantle: Round 1, 2019 - 82 point L (59-141) (No opposition posters)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
May as well get it started now.

The WORST effort by a North Melbourne side in the 21st century.

I can't see how a 10 year coach can redeem himself from this.

Brad, if you're such a great clubman, then show some "Shinboner Spirit" and empty your desk.

I'm ****ing spewing I invested in taking a kid to the footy this year, because I would happily give it away after today.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Last edited:
Very disappointing, all over 10 minutes into the 3rd, other than a nice look at bailet scott very little to be happy with,

Ross lyons tean kicking over 100 pts and
EVW Knee especially dissapinting. Completely outplayer on EVERY line.
Bottom 2 beckoning on this form.

We have no good forwards (apart from BBB on the lead with lace-out delivery) and no good defenders. We have to play a Brisbane team next week that has a quality midfield and really good young defenders and forwards. I never hope that we lose but at least I don't hate them if we do, and if we play even a 10th as bad as we are right now we won't get within 10 goals of them. Thomas, Larkey and Ahern all come into the team, at the very least.

Trying to stay calm but really, it will be hard to recover from this. Losses like this can take weeks to recover from.

Confidence is shot.

We look miles off it. I mean WTF have we been doing all preseason?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t even know where to start.

Why did we keep bombing it forward at all costs?
No composure, even by our experienced players.
Brad Scott outcoached once again, what’s his record against Ross these days, probably about the same as it is against Clarkson.
Lmac and Jmac, well what needs to be said, they won’t get dropped and we won’t be going anywhere fast.
Wood, Turner, Simpkin, JZ all dirt poor.

The rest of the team were all rather underwhelming.

It's very serious.
no skill, no speed, no guts , no confidence, no game plan, no footy IQ, no responsibility,
we can beat only Suns this year.
It's first time I feel that our season is over at R1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is our Wayne Schimmelbusch (coaching) moment.

Tough decisions have to be made, and we need a more blood & guts approach.

The decisions should’ve been done 2 years ago. We should have peppered the last 3 drafts and committed to a proper rebuild rather half arsing it then topping up.

Our coach absolutely sucks, but our internal development sucks even more.

Same sh1t....different year.....

Let me guess, we redeem ourselves, win 10 games for the year and just miss out on the finals....

And everyone talks about how good a coach Brad Scott is, getting the best out of his team and we can all get excited about 2020.....

Shut up and buy a membership..............and raffle tickets too.

After Freo's practice match result last week, we were assured by certain posters on here that Freo were a complete rabble and that we were guaranteed to destroy them.
Anyone who dared suggest the result was no certainty was a deemed a goth and pissweak.
Personally I'm shattered, but not particularly surprised going by our track record in round one, underdone preparation, and my doubts over B Scott.
Despite the reassurances of the big footy "High IQ types" on here, we weren't foxing in the JLT.
Lots of soul searching to be done this week.

I thought we were quite promising today. We would have won convincingly if it wasn’t for the kicking, marking, hand balling, running and tackling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back