Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 12 vs Gold Coast & changes round 13 vs Essendon

Best vs Suns

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 7: Liam Baker

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 20: Ivan Soldo

• 21: Noah Balta

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 29: Shai Bolton

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard Whately has a doctorate degree in passive aggressive behaviour. Mostly smart enough to let clowns like Robbo do the crude stuff and cruises around the edges wearing that irritating smirk pretending to be the dispassionate moderator. We'll see whether they show sufficient integrity to provide some balance to the conversation.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I think some people are still upset about Lynch's face push in the Brisbane game. Aarts also didn't do him any favours with his love tap on Collins that made Lynch's initial contact appear to be far harder than it was. And Collins' reaction was pure toys out of the cot stuff. We'll all have new stuff to talk about next week and I'm already over this contrived outrage.

I’ve watched every minute of every game Collins has played this year, not seen or noticed anything but good strong, tough, courageous and honest footy from him. The odd error, but nothing weak or dishonest. When he went down after the Aarts encounter the ball had not even been kicked towards Lynch yet. This leads me to believe he wasn’t staging. If you have ever copped a whack in the sweet spot you will know it can just make you crumple. Not sure I have ever copped two in short order but I wouldn’t want to.

And right in front of Robert O'Gorman.
I do hope the umpiring department have pulled him aside and asked why he didn’t award Lynch a free kick there. But we all know it’ll all be nothing to see here, move along.

Prestia should still be back rd.15-16, hopefully enough time to blow out enough cobwebs before finals to be effective in the run home, but it's a tough injury to bounce back from straight away, so personally, I don't have huge expectations for him this season, just hoping he'll be able to get back near his best sometime next season. Ditto Nank.

Watched the replay.
Thought that the Pickett goal was the highlight.
What a great acquisition.
Creates space in play, which is the mark of the great players.
In soccer terms too, when you watch the Messi goal recently, weaving through space.
You either have the skill or not.
Hopefully he plays at Tigerland for another five years, takes through to 33.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think CCJ is still injured. I'm just guessing that it will be Chol who makes way for Nank. He's good when he gets the ball, but he's not getting much of it at the moment. Who knows, it might be Soldo who gets a test but I doubt it.
With Houli back in, it frees up Markov to go forward as a medium tallish option that can run hard and provide defensive forward support. So if Chol get rested, we maintain a forward
Watched the replay.
Thought that the Pickett goal was the highlight.
What a great acquisition.
Creates space in play, which is the mark of the great players.
In soccer terms too, when you watch the Messi goal recently, weaving through space.
You either have the skill or not.
Hopefully he plays at Tigerland for another five years, takes through to 33.
i watched the replay last night as well, with particular focus on fellas like Stack, Pickett & Rioli who get plenty of criticism on here. I picked up on a lot that didn’t register watching it live.
As you say, Picket was very good and has made the wing role his own. Did well in general play and goal kicking, but I was really impressed with his marking efforts, one contesting against Witts which he didn’t get, but stopped Witts more to the point. He is gaining confidence and with that, contesting and physical presence.
Stack worked very hard in what seems like a defensive midfield role. Tackling and pressure was right up there for most of the game, and once he sharpens up his awareness and skills with more game time, he will hopefully get back to his early 2019 form. Worth persevering with especially given the doubts around Prestia being fit and firing for finals.
Rioli got more of the ball than I realised, and while he seemed a bit tentative a couple of times, seems to be regaining some confidence and form. If he was dropped I don’t think it would help him, game time should prepare him for more impact in finals which he lives for.

Gerard Whately has a doctorate degree in passive aggressive behaviour. Mostly smart enough to let clowns like Robbo do the crude stuff and cruises around the edges wearing that irritating smirk pretending to be the dispassionate moderator. We'll see whether they show sufficient integrity to provide some balance to the conversation.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I think some people are still upset about Lynch's face push in the Brisbane game. Aarts also didn't do him any favours with his love tap on Collins that made Lynch's initial contact appear to be far harder than it was. And Collins' reaction was pure toys out of the cot stuff. We'll all have new stuff to talk about next week and I'm already over this contrived outrage.
That annoys me the most about him ...

Dimma said Houli in and 1 other change.
Also said they can't find a spot for Caddy at the moment, and Nank won't be playing, he played in a scratch match and will probably play against West Coast.

I guess it is relevant to last year where he was so good. Reckon he is being given games with the view that he will recapture that spark but so far he has had some good moments and quarters, but really struggling to run out games. Looks like he needs a rest to me.
I reckon he's building with each game. Play as long as possible I say.
Sam Walsh isn't ripping it up as much this year either.

I reckon he's building with each game. Play as long as possible I say.
Sam Walsh isn't ripping it up as much this year either.
I'm as up as anybody about Stack, but it is weird how average he has been this season. Has had some moments and done some nice things, but I thought last week was way below where he should be, as you said he was building. I guess that is what young players do in their first few years. Chol had a poor game last week also, hopefully they rebound if they get a chance.

Well **** me it's only taken them all weel to see what we saw live.
Click bait at it's best

This won't even be commented on because it does not fit their narrative.
Much easier to just blame Lynch as he is a known player and a Richmond one at that.
People will still see it and blame Lynch🙄

Back