Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 13 vs Essendon & changes for round 14 vs West Coast

Best vs Dons

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 7: Liam Baker

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 14: Bachar Houli

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 20: Ivan Soldo

• 21: Noah Balta

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 29: Shai Bolton

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For us to win
- Avoid kicking long to Jack and Tom. Barress and McGovern are serial threats in the air. The past few weeks Will Powell, Jordan Ridley have been intercepting our forward 50 entries directed to Tom and Jack quite easily. McGovern will have an absolute field day.

- Lower the eyes and hit supporting cast Tigers. They'll be attempting to quell Lynch and Riewoldt, they'll brace for that, find shorter targets in the forward 50. Im thinking Dusty, Caddy, Graham, Lambert will all need to spread the love and hit the scoreboard.

- Lynch and Riewoldt cannot afford to let McGovern play loose off them, they need to ensure they're reading the play and creating contests.

- Avoid Chol Vs. Nic Nat. Both athletic with an impressive leap, however, Chol mistimes his jumps. Nic Nat will simply grab the ball out the ruck and pump it 50 metres to a leading Darling and Ryan.

- Nic Nat is deceptively strong, he was pushing around Mumford with ease last week, he toyed with Mumford. Soldo and Nank both got to play and take turns being physical and tiring him out. When Nank is resting, he can drop in the half back line and support the defenders, who are either undersized or inexperienced to be left vulnerable in an open forward line with the very dangerous West coast forwards.

- When the Eagles are in possession of the ball, the game runs VERY fast. They love to change angles, use the corridor and have NO fear bombing it forward, they BACK their forwards. We need to keep them wide, tighten the clamps on our defence and play man on man when they're in possession.

- Upon our possession, they LOVE making you second guess your possessions, chipping the ball, kicking it on the wing, stop and start is perfext, they set up their zone very well. We simply must play our run and carry game, rely on the SPEED of Rioli, Castangα, Bolton and Stack to carry the ball, lower the eyes and deliver to LEADING targets and AVOID kicking to contested spots in our forward line.

This will be a VERY tricky first quarter, if we get these aspects of the game right, play the game on our terms, they'll fold because they are spineless.

Agree to all except the fact that they are spineless. Can make a case for that mentality applying to their time in the hub, and naturally playing at home provides some moral boosts among other things. With this said, they've battled through some quality opponents and aren't one to bow out of a contest. They have a decent resume of come from behind wins of late. We need our foot on the peddle the entire match to clinch this one. Very keen to see how Balta manages on JK

Not confident about this game as we haven’t found our mojo and I think the freegirls have. They seem well balanced defensively forward and in the middle.
In : Broad Nankervis Caddy
Out: Stack Chol Castagna

Also could live with Aarts for Higgins but 4 changes after a win might be a bit extreme.
Looks like they might rest a few off a four day break. Maybe they dont want to show all their cards. We need the win for Top 4 more than they do.

Last edited:
you think the croatioan would be better? Just dont think he is mobile enough
As far as combos go Chol is the worry. Chol has mobility but playing really poorly. He'd be first out of my ruck line up. Last year Nank took a few games to get up to pace. This week I'd sacrifice a bit of Chol mobilty for Soldo ruck ability.

AFL site suggesting they are weighing up whether to give him a rest.

I doubt it.

Smoke and Miirrors, maybe also don't want to play there hand early.

If they rest him and we beat em thats great.

The win is what we are after we will worry bout gamesmanship later when it counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the current form good enough to win against eagles and cats that's the question if so we need more intensity, better skills and pressure and most important efficiency in our 50 don't let eagles backline control the game.I worry about our smalls having no impact at all they need to.
I think we’ve been playing ok but what’s killing us is the fact that teams are dropping 1 or 2 extra players back and we aren’t coping with that. We looked ok against Port as they didn’t go down that path? I doubt the egirls will do it, so just hit up leading targets. At least we shouldn’t get smashed in the Centre bounces like we did against Port as we haven’t got juniors only in there now? Hope so anyway

As far as combos go Chol is the worry. Chol has mobility but playing really poorly. He'd be first out of my ruck line up. Last year Nank took a few games to get up to pace. This week I'd sacrifice a bit of Chol mobilty for Soldo ruck ability.

talls like himhave quiet patches. He has more upside than nank/soldo combo which is too slow. They both can only ruck and go to the bench. Chol can kick a few goals andis a threat

talls like himhave quiet patches. He has more upside than nank/soldo combo which is too slow. They both can only ruck and go to the bench. Chol can kick a few goals andis a threat
I think our fwd line is too tall with Chol and Lynch. I'd play Caddy down there in preference to Chol. Chol still doesn't look like he knows what he's doing in the ruck. I think you forget how Nank rucks. All day with tackles and gets the ball. And marks around the ground well.
I'd go Nank then Soldo as backup this week and Nank and CJ next week or the week after.
I did notice that Nicnat is rucking with Allen as backup. Maybe we'll go one ruck too. I noticed Lynch rucked a bit more in the last couple of matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back