Autopsy Autopsy Thread vs St Kilda: The End Is Nigh

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it funny that Saints fans going to the game to ay bye to Riedwoldt. Cant they turn up to say bye next week or something just because its not a home game?

This is what I think of that. Bye Riedwoldt. Good riddance you sook :)

de6fd39b31b4875b84c6d2bc8e25514a

Wooden Spooners with percentages of 84%+, which would be the case with us, are almost unheard of.

Excluding anomalous war years;
Geelong 1957 - Premiers 1963
Collingwood 1976 - Drew in 1977 GF
Collingwood 1999 - Played off against Brisbane in 2002, 2003

Premierships are hard to win, so I make no predictions in that regard, but I absolutely expect we can bounce back quickly to be a finals level team. We are far removed from the traditional 'hopeless case' wooden spoon team who have years of pain ahead.
Im not so sure. We have one key forward and can't see another one coming on soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

Hey mav, someone told you. Twice.

Now that LT's out of the picture, it's great to see your miserable pessimism find another target. Well done.
As I said above, I had no idea, and to be honest I'm rather happy there is hope. As far as pessimism goes, I'm sitting on top of my flexi tipping comp and put half my points on us to win today. I wonder how many others had an optimistic view on today's game. You?

Tell me, are you going to admit I was right when I told you we'd never win a premiership with LT in the side?

Anyone defending that performance is deluded... very few positives to take away from that. By next week we will have gone from 1st to 18th within the space of just over a year. Something drastic better happen in the off season ie a big signing and/or coaching changes, or we can expect more of the same.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The way i am looking at it is like this.

Today we played Clarke, Mountford and Turner in the back line. At points today they showed some really good signs with ball in hand, specifically the first two and look to have a real future. But they are midfielders. All of Williams, Wright, Macmillan and EVW would have been selected ahead of them today for the roles they played. The future of the backline looks really solid IMO.

The forward line effectiveness is largely determined by how well those up the field play. With Brown, Wood, Garner, Turner, Hrovat, Higgins, Simpkin and Higgins going through there Iam confident that group will be a handful for any team.

The issue is clearly the middle, hence the hunt for Kelly and Martin. Get them and the dynamic changes dramatically. Add in Ziebell, Mountford, Clarke and Simpkin in the next 12 to 24 months and things look very promising.

If we don't get those two then we need to get the best available mid in the draft and maybe poach someone like Rockliff and give these kids (Mountford, Clarke, McDonald and Simpkin specifically) the chance to further develop their games around the ball. It still lacks class but it will be more rounded than we have now.

Dumont, Cunners, Swallow, Gibson and JZ is just too much plod. This will change next year and we will be better for it.
I really needed to read something like this, because in all honesty, I am running out of positives.
Not because of where we are, but because I don't see enough from our kids to get excited about. Simpkin, Mountford and Clarke aside.

As I said above, I had no idea, and to be honest I'm rather happy there is hope. As far as pessimism goes, I'm sitting on top of my flexi tipping comp and put half my points on us to win today. I wonder how many others had an optimistic view on today's game. You?

Tell me, are you going to admit I was right when I told you we'd never win a premiership with LT in the side?

Mate, I stopped tipping us weeks ago. Saints had all the incentive today and it showed. We're doing what we have to do and personally, I'll be very happy with pick 1 or 2, although they are completely uncharted territory for us.

You were right, but it was a very easy call to make. In context, Saints haven't won one with Riewoldt in the team, Geelong didn't win one with Gary Snr in the team, Melbourne didn't win one with Robbie Flower and Jim Stynes in the team.

Richmond won one with Daryl Freame in the team. We won one with Stuart Anderson in the team and another one with Shane Clayton there.

I assume the point is obvious - it's not about individual players.

Come to think of it, Richmond have gone down hill ever since Daryl Freame retired ...

What a gutsy prediction! Saints never won a flag with Robert Harvey, does that mean he is the same class as Lindsay?

Also interesting our worst season in a decade occurred when Lindsay was mostly out of the team!

1. I was hoping for a better game from Jy and we got one. So much potential there.
2. Cunners just sured up his second Syd Barker.
3. This season can't end soon enough.
4. Saints are not going anywhere in a hurry.
I reckon Brown might be close to the Syd this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back