Review Autopsy/Vent thread vs Richmond. Round 13, 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, we'll have to trade for pick 1. No doubt in my mind he's the first player off the board in November.

Read my posts on the subject in the list management thread. We can't risk losing big will for nothing in 12 months time. I'm in favour of getting value for him now.

GWS will have picks 1 and 10, and we'll have pick 3 or 4. The only seriously tradable (desirable) players are Will and Griff.

What trade do you see to get us pick #1?

GWS will have picks 1 and 10, and we'll have pick 3 or 4. The only seriously tradable (desirable) players are Will and Griff.

What trade do you see to get us pick #1?

I'd argue Libba would be one of those seriously desirable players as well. No chance we'd trade him obviously.

What about Cooney? There are three descriptors that effect trade value; Current Ability, Potential Ability and Reputation. Cooney has massive Reputation and Potential Ability. I don't think he'll ever reach his true potential again, but he'd probably be worth nearly as much as Griffen on the open market. Would have to give us Band1 comp for him with Free Agency due to his brownlow. I love the bloke, but maybe it's best for the team if he moves on.

Until you have some success, we on this board look at you as a team of amateurs. Come back to us when you actually win a final, or make three preliminary finals in a row, you might by then have a bit of respect for the teams that do instead of being arrogant about nothing.

Speak for yourself. No need for the Tigs to get arrogant, granted. But I admire their rebuild and think they're going about things the right way.

As for our 3 PFs - ancient history. We are a bottom-feeding club right now - and we got done like a dinner twice this season by your "team of amateurs". They deserve a hell of a lot more respect than we do.

What about Cooney? There are three descriptors that effect trade value; Current Ability, Potential Ability and Reputation. Cooney has massive Reputation and Potential Ability. I don't think he'll ever reach his true potential again, but he'd probably be worth nearly as much as Griffen on the open market. Would have to give us Band1 comp for him with Free Agency due to his brownlow. I love the bloke, but maybe it's best for the team if he moves on.

Nope not even close to Griffen. Griffen is a legitimately elite midfielder, top 5 this year. Cooney on the other hand, has injury problems, no one knows how much longer he can go on, but if he gets it all going for him is a gun. Probably band 2 comp, but could argue a case for band 1. Again it depends how he goes for the remainder of the year. Good form = probable band 1, not so good form = probable band 2.

The coaching last night was a debacle

The defence, Mids and Forwards appear to be in static formations. Bmac is refusing to look at dynamic options during a games unless we are entirely overwhelmed to halt a blow out. Opposition Coaches are have a very easy time in the box

Bmac has convinced me that aside from the decision to recruit Lower he has significantly improved our recruitment
I can see players like JJ, Griffen, Talia, Macrae, Stringer, Hunter, Jones and even Murphy improving

But the game day match ups and tactics are in all honesty at suburban level
I don't know if it is him or his assistants but Bmac has to change this quickly. I will not be the only one who thinks like this
Patience will run out, Erniesigley's numbers will grow and BMac will find himself looking for an assistants job.

For heaven sakes get someone into help you, call someone but do something FAST

Nope not even close to Griffen. Griffen is a legitimately elite midfielder, top 5 this year. Cooney on the other hand, has injury problems, no one knows how much longer he can go on, but if he gets it all going for him is a gun. Probably band 2 comp, but could argue a case for band 1. Again it depends how he goes for the remainder of the year. Good form = probable band 1, not so good form = probable band 2.

Yeah I agree with what your saying 95% which is why he may offer more to us leaving. Particularly through Free Agency, I don't see how we could get anything other than Band 1 given his age, accolades if somebody else wants him (which clearly shows demand on the open market).

I think I heard Macca say that even if there was a new Head Coach he'd stay on with us to work with the Boys. Real statement of character and I think this would be the ideal setup (With Paul Roos head coach and Scott West Assistant and managing the VFL team with Macca as head of player development).
When and where was this said?

I think I heard Macca say that even if there was a new Head Coach he'd stay on with us to work with the Boys. Real statement of character and I think this would be the ideal setup (With Paul Roos head coach and Scott West Assistant and managing the VFL team with Macca as head of player development).

If this is true -then I think Macca has realized his own strengths and weaknesses. To be fair -it was only ever him going into battle that he could see his limitations (tactical / game play). Simply put in military terms -he is a well-respected military college instructor of young men -but we and Macca now need an experienced campaign-hardened, respected 'general' who knows how to win in battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still prepared to see out his contract no questions asked and my money is on us improving enough for him to get re signed
Certainly he should continue his development work. There is no question of that. He is a great acquisition for the club. The next obvious step is to compliment his good work by signing a Head Coach or Director of Coaching before the boys learn how to accept defeat and learn bad habits.

The next obvious step is to compliment his good work by signing a Head Coach or Director of Coaching before the boys learn how to accept defeat and learn bad habits.

So we sign up a ex player for the positon of football director who played for a club who has played one final in 30 years and was a assistant coach for a club who has won one flag in its history :eek:

So we sign up a ex player for the positon of football director who played for a club who has played one final in 30 years and was a assistant coach for a club who has won one flag in its history :eek:

Which player is this? I'd like to see us sign both Scott West and Paul Roos to fill these roles with Scott West head coach of the VFL side to continue his development as a head coach for the future and Paul Roos the mastermind (ala Rocket at Collingwood - and they seem to do alright for themselves).

Which player is this? I'd like to see us sign both Scott West and Paul Roos to fill these roles with Scott West head coach of the VFL side to continue his development as a head coach for the future and Paul Roos the mastermind (ala Rocket at Collingwood - and they seem to do alright for themselves).

You are dreaming with Roo's

Wayne Campbell

Matthew Boyd is crap. Matthew Boyd is crap. Matthew Boyd is crap.

This guy makes me NOT want to watch the bulldogs play. Seriously what other clubs would give him a game? What other clubs would wast a spot for him?

Surely he'd be interested in working with Chris Grant, Scott West, Barry Hall, Brad Johnson, Matthew Scarlett, Cameron Mooney, Daniel Cross and Daniel Giarnciracusa all who I'd guess he'd played against and would have an amount of respect for?

He has stated numerous times that he isn't coaching again

Matthew Boyd is the captain of the football club. He was once considered an All Australian. The guy is probably the highest paid player at the club, and he can't hit a target at 15 metres. As a prime ball winner, it's his JOB to deliver the ball effectively. He constantly ****s up team momentum with his incompetence with the football. Some of his turnovers are a damn embarrassment, and they belong in the Frankston reserves. For every touch he gets, he becomes more of a liability to team performance and morale. You can just feel it across the stadium when sitting there in the crowd.

He has been damaged goods for 3 years. Has been great for fantasy footy comps but a woeful player for our team. His constant poor disposals that end up in turn overs make me want to do anything else other than watch the bullies play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back