Autopsy Autopsy vs Brisbane - Rd14, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I stuck by the process, never doubted it and it’s nearly paying off, I can smell a win very soon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let ourselves down in the third a little, but overall not too bad. Brisbane adapted better to the conditions in the 2nd half and obviously ran the game out better, but I'd like to see a big focus on fitness the pre-season. No point playing 2-3 quarters of good footy if you fall asleep at the wheel for long periods of time.

Looked dangerous.

3 pretty sh*t goals in the first to lions from bad calls, take those absolute howlers out and we pushed a contender within a kick.

Will learn and move on.

We were never going win, but it would nice not to be continually on the end of these howlers. It’s amazing how many go against us.

The Daniher and Cameron goals were get the netball bibs out stuff. In fact how you can give the Cameron one defies logic.

As much as he gets ball Jack Ziebell is a massive liability. Nobel was taking the piss matching him on McCarthy.

Felt like Jy was everywhere. Could be a bit cleaner but racked it up and love the biff around the contest.
Reminded me a lot of Swallow today.

Popped up just when and where he was needed and pressured and chased.

In patches some really good signs. Give it time these patches will be more often.
In another year the boys will be more experienced to perform for longer.
Some of these men will be out and out excitement machines - Powell, Thomas, LDU, Mahony, Zurhaar, Larkey, Scott, Mackay

Simpkin massive.

A lot to take away from that game.

Defeated but not disgraced.

Probably Jy's best inside/outside game to date.

I wouldn't be too harsh on anyone as it looked to me that Noble clearly experimented with the midfield mix after half time.

A couple who might not get too many mentions.

Bailey Scott curbed the dangerous Rich.
Larkey put Andrews in the bath, but didn't apply the sponge
Turner just so stiff on Cameron, Held him convincingly until the mids dropped off.
LDU's 1st half. They played him forward for a lot of the 2nd half. I reckon he's being managed.
Tarryn again. Seriously dangerous player.

No real gripes from me.

Game of two halves, pretty good competitive first half and then a second half where we dropped by 5-10% and they ran over us. Gonna happen with this team for the rest of the year, not mad about it just need to make fitness a focus in the off-season as we’ve got a lot of room to make up.

Simpkin was a bit of a lone hand in the second half, was absolutely everywhere. Happy with the progress Larkey is showing, still needs another quality tall for support but building nicely.

Lot of positives, one game closer to the end of the season is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our mids can't run out a game. Need to rotate more strategically and we'll take another step forward.

Effort, spirit and development are coming along at a decent rate.
Were just a bit light on condition in there atm. Little bit more talent and conditioning and that will sort itself out.

Very impressive but unfortunate drop off again in the last quarter.

The talent is there and next season should be looking decent when you include Edwards, Phillips, Lazarro and the picks from this upcoming draft to break in to the team.

Our boys after half time.....

Attachments

• yErdYw5Ny0UoxJug.mp4
    252.7 KB
We are building to something great

We have real lack of fitness to run out games which has been evident all year After a decent pre-season with Noble watch out.

We really strangled them for 3 quarters. Good effort boys.

Oh and we shouldn’t have played Lmac. That was a poor move, he was not right. Not worth the risk imo but I suppose he ticked all the boxes to play
I reckon when Lmac has the ball and starts waving his hand around 75% of the time the kick that follows will be directly to the opposition.

Looked a bit deflated after our draw to GWS last week... weren't as clean tonight and clearly we were a bit panicky.

Can't fault the effort though.

One of those games where you've seen enough to suggest we are on the right track.

Side note: I reckon we are Brisbane's kryptonite and we will trouble them with a better list.

Lot's to work with. Can see the game plan now.

Playing all over them in the first half but couldn't capitalise on the momentum.

Larkey was all over Andrew's.

Disappointed in Stephenson. I know it's only his 2nd game back but he's dropped off intensity wise after a promising pre-season and rd 1.

LDU needs to get that full game effort in like Thomas has in the past few weeks. First half was excellent.

He hasn't played out a full game yet...ATM he's a 1st and sometimes last quarter player...He hasn't got the fitness yet to play in the midfield but it will come...

Felt like Jy was everywhere. Could be a bit cleaner but racked it up and loves the biff around the contest.
His ball use was excellent tonight and you're right he was everywhere.

Very composed and his decision making is back I reckon.

Feels like we are struggling for belief a bit.

Mahony giving off the shot on goal after failing to make the distance early, LDU pushing a shot across the face. We don't have the killer instinct yet.

Needs to come from the leaders but not sure we have those guys who really grit their teeth in the clutch. Recruiting someone like Kelly would be invaluable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back