Autopsy Autopsy vs Brisbane - Rd14, 2021

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Intent and effort a tick for 3 quarters. However we continue to be let down by egregious errors from the same players in Dumont, Atley, Ziebell, Hall, Walker etc.
Robbie going to need time to find his feet again at the level, he’ll need at least 3 more weeks to feel comfortable imo.

Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We can’t go in last quarters but can’t fault the effort. The conditions definately play to our favour, not sure how we would have gone under the roof.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We are building to something great

We have real lack of fitness to run out games which has been evident all year After a decent pre-season with Noble watch out.

We really strangled them for 3 quarters. Good effort boys.

Oh and we shouldn’t have played Lmac. That was a poor move, he was not right. Not worth the risk imo but I suppose he ticked all the boxes to play

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Talent void produced pretty fair outcome. I think we played pretty intense in 2nd and 3rd quartets then fatigue just amplified our mistakes. But sheesh lots of positives. Brisbane a few years ahead of us in their rebuild which the well and truely commenced when we won the Rayner cup a few years back. Get a full preseason in these blokes with a bit more uninterupted time under noble so we have a better understanding of one another's attributes and a bit deeper tank do we are not cooked by the time we get to the 4th quarter.

Our mids can't run out a game. Need to rotate more strategically and we'll take another step forward.

Effort, spirit and development are coming along at a decent rate.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We are building to something great

We have real lack of fitness to run out games which has been evident all year After a decent pre-season with Noble watch out.

We really strangled them for 3 quarters. Good effort boys.

Oh and we shouldn’t have played Lmac. That was a poor move, he was not right. Not worth the risk imo but I suppose he ticked all the boxes to play

i'd agree with you if we were on the cusp of the 8, but when you're already the bottom side you might as well just play the players you want long term regardless of their condition, and let them find form in the seniors

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lot's to work with. Can see the game plan now.

Playing all over them in the first half but couldn't capitalise on the momentum.

Larkey was all over Andrew's.

Disappointed in Stephenson. I know it's only his 2nd game back but he's dropped off intensity wise after a promising pre-season and rd 1.

LDU needs to get that full game effort in like Thomas has in the past few weeks. First half was excellent.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Very pleased. Learn & move forward.
Brisbane did as much as they needed to do to to get over the line - no more.

Playing on a slow deck in Tasmania helps us drag them down to our level.

Had this game been played at Docklands Brisbane would have won by 15 goals.

We still haven’t addressed our issues with pace and run, we still have a list full of mid paced plodders.

Headlined by Mahoney.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty simple; same old issue we’ve been plagued with for a few seasons now. We just can’t produce a 4 quarter effort.

Some players gave it a fair effort; Mahoney, Taylor, LDU, L-Mac, Tarrant, Hall, Thomas, Simpkin, Larkey, Zurhaar to name a few.

But there was players out there who just didn’t look like they gave a damn; Stephenson & Atley most notably were incredibly ineffective and downright lazy at times.

I expected a better response after what happened last week at the very same stadium and we got that for at least 1 half. But we just fell away yet again when it mattered most and as soon as we were 30 points down with still 11 mins left in the 4th we just go into our shells and resign to a loss. It’s fairly pathetic to watch.

The game went from being a good contest that was fun to watch despite the low score, and then just became a slog which became miserable to watch.

Back