Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Atley, Jacobs, Jed, Mountford, Preuss, Maj, Crocks, Joe Ingles, Harold from Neighbours, I don't give a s**t who replaces him, just send him back to get some confidence and send a message continuous sub-par efforts will get you demoted - even the 'leaders'.
I'm pretty sure he's on the LTI list with a broken heart due to Madge's untimely passing.

Anyone know how to find average age/average games played from yesterday's game?

Hansen is the best contested mark at the club, needs to be used forward more often.

Atley looks off, but I don't think he is being used to his strengths. As a junior he was a 'go and get' player, believe it or not, rather than a purely outside fast-paced receiver. When he played for Murray, half of his disposals were contested if I recall correctly. He either needs to be sent to the twos and played as a pure mid aiming to get the ball as many times as possible, or be given more latitude to play that role in the team (good luck with Cunners, JZ, Dumont, etc.)

Hrovat again impressive, as was Dumont. LMac taking it to another level this season, and I take back what I said about JZ.

People bagging Goldy, it's a waste of time. He's never going to be physical, just not in his MO. He's soft, always has been always will be. I've got a feeling he's off to other pastures and knows it.
Won't be at North next year. We tried bloody hard to ship him out last trade period from what I've heard. Should've cleaned up Kreuzer when he had the chance yesterday.....chucked out the anchor.

Gee there is a lot of negativity here after a win. Yes our foot might have come off the pedal a little midway through the second, but in saying that we also do not give credit or pay respect to the Blues. They are on the right track, have some very good young players (Cripps is an absolute gun, Docherty, Weitering, plus older hands in Gibbs, Murphy, Kruezer and Simpson), were prepared to run and and take the game on, have a good young coach and I for one believed that we would have a fight on our hands yesterday.

That a number of our players were to have their best quarter of the game in the crucial last quarter was an excellent sign for us. Couple that with our two key forwards, Waite and Benny B only contributing 3 goals to the cause was a real positive for the performance of the rest of the forward line. Though Garner and Wood were down on possessions, 5 goals between them is a terrific result, while Sugar is now finding so much more of the ball and is a scary tackling machine for opposition defences to have to cope with, not to mention his ability to score goals.

Froggy is now a bona fide midfielder, while Ryan Clarke continues to improve week by week.

So much of a positive nature to think about from yesterday. Lighten up people, we have won 4 of our last 5, enjoy the experience.

Summary of thread:

Negative - feeling positive about negative game, despite positive result.

Positive - feeling negative about positive result, despite negative game.

I wouldn't be judging any of the defensive unit on that game, especially the blokes whose job it is to zone off and intercept.

Not that I don't trust your judgement, but why not?

That's what the coaches get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sort out mate.

Surely we have someone who can win the occasional 1v1 and stick more than 2 tackles a game waiting in the wings..

His name is Taylor.

Already a very good Nick Smith type defender.

Jamie has always been half an impostor IMO, I've been turned by Phillyroo but he is a rubbish defender. Stick him on the opposite wing to McDonald, get rid of that uber-fraud Gibson and you have a spot for Mountford/Zurhaar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His name is Taylor.

Jamie has always been half an impostor IMO, I've been turned by Phillyroo but he is a rubbish defender. Stick him on the opposite wing to McDonald, get rid of that uber-fraud Gibson and you have a spot for Mountford/Zurhaar.
Taylor who?

Atley vs Marley Williams just shows me how far off it Atley truly is. Marley gets it, looks to be positive, fired off a ripping handball to a teammates advantage in the last that opened up an attacking foray for us on the fat side that got us a goal from memory. Marley is instinctive, takes the game on, whereas Atley runs around like he's got no idea what to do. He had 4 guys in the corridor he could've handballed to, didn't give it and turnover party begins.
Atley and Goldy have no brains sometimes, they give a handball when its not on and the teammate will be tackled straight away.
I've lost count how many times they have both done it. Just trust your instincts. Sorry just really annoys me
I think Atley is in this state where he is very unsure of himself.....may have alot to do with countless tuesday morning analysis and feedback......that has his head is spinning.

The game was one of the strangest I've seen tactically.

We lined up at some bounces with 4 free blokes in the backline while they stacked the wings with runners and their backline line with additional players.

Almost as soon as we altered structure the momentum they had evaporated and came back to us.

In the first quarter we scored a goal about every 3 minutes, ball movement seemed relatively simple. They altered to the structure I said and every goal we kicked was laborious. When we altered to match the/make them more accountable, we moved the ball easier. I'd need to check on the timing but our scoring would have been about a goal every 3 minutes.

I haven't watched the replay so this is just what I saw at the ground.

I'm not so much a conspiracy theorist but the game was tactically strange.

So I think that's kind what BTron is saying, don't judge much from it as the game was not played in a way that a availed of an intercept mark.

If the conspiracy theorist's are right and Brad coached to either f*** with Hardwicks preparation or to teach our younger players to stand up when clearly out numbered while being able to flick a switch and still win.. If that's the case Brad's a genius, an arrogant, complete faith in the team, genius.

His name is Taylor.

Gibson has been fine this year.

The game was one of the strangest I've seen tactically.

We lined up at some bounces with 4 free blokes in the backline while they stacked the wings with runners and their backline line with additional players.

Almost as soon as we altered structure the momentum they had evaporated and came back to us.

In the first quarter we scored a goal about every 3 minutes, ball movement seemed relatively simple. They altered to the structure I said and every goal we kicked was laborious. When we altered to match the/make them more accountable, we moved the ball easier. I'd need to check on the timing but our scoring would have been about a goal every 3 minutes.

I haven't watched the replay so this is just what I saw at the ground.

I'm not so much a conspiracy theorist but the game was tactically strange.

So I think that's kind what BTron is saying, don't judge much from it as the game was not played in a way that a availed of an intercept mark.

If the conspiracy theorist's are right and Brad coached to either f*** with Hardwicks preparation or to teach our younger players to stand up when clearly out numbered while being able to flick a switch and still win.. If that's the case Brad's a genius, an arrogant, complete faith in the team, genius.
More likely was that it wasnt bad enough in the second to worry about changing structure. Then we were locked in for the 3rd (apart from small in situ changes), where they dominated us.

If they had made that run in the 4th, we would of been ****ed.

With how tall we were, and therefore the lack of run, we always had this weakness. Carlton exploited it, we managed to counter it late, but I reckon we wouldn't win too many of those games if we continue to play matchups like that (which we will, as so many of the teams on the rise are playing small).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back