Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Pro: we are the best 2 quarter team going around
Con: football goes for 4 quarters

Atley is starting to resemble a potato. Needs a run in the VFL.

Can anyone research some stats to compare Goldstein and Kreuzer over the years. Would think some stats would be very interesting.

Going to look on the positive side:

We played mature, well organised football in the last quarter and won the game easily in the end after just dropping completely away. I think the ability to do that has been missing for years and it was great to see our captain leading the way in the last. Loved his game.

Turner and Garner are really becoming very good footballers from limited possessions. They are both incredibly efficient.

Marley Williams - I never thought I would possibly think you would be my favourite north player but you've done it. Absolute rock.

We have won 4 of our last 5. Who would have thought we might go into the bye 5 - 5 and potentially be back in the season

Not sure what to make of that game - great last qtr effort - just like last week which was very positive - but at least half a game of poo.

A lot of passengers and a lot of these are repeat offenders.

Our mid field unit (including Goldie) just gets beaten too much - i have lost count how often we have been pantsed this year.

We are all waiting for Dusty and Kelly to get into the midfield but we need to make changes now - Goldie out Preuss in. 1 kick 0 marks and led a merry dance by Kruezer in terms of skill, application and heart - simply unacceptable from a senior player in Goldie and this will be a test for Scott to see whether he can make another hard decision this week.

On a positive note it was great to see Wood step up in the last qtr - was very quiet for most of the game but stood tall when it counted.

Marley as always fantastic; Garner great early; Higgins a class above; JZ good.

They pushed numbers around the ball after quarter time, and with Goldy's influence mininal and Cunners a no-show, they started to dominate the general play. We played with two spare defenders (and Taz playing on their second tall) for a quarter and a half so when the swarmed forward we got confused and they got mids free in and around the 50.

It took until half way through the third for us to switch Hansen forward and force them to sacrifice a spare to mark him. From that point we started to break even. The flip side of their tactic to swarm the contest is that they would eventually tire. This came to fruition in the last and we started to generate more scoring opportunities thanks to space opening up.

Hunter was woeful at times today with his body work and impact when leaving his man to effect a contest. There were a number of times that we got caught out in the D50 with numbers at the wrong side of the contest which resulted in shots on goal. Work to do there. I thnk the blues threw up some very different set ups today that caught us unawares and caused confusion.

Cunners clearly labouring and should not have played. Got absolutely belted by Cripps. We would have been better with Swallow today tbh but even so their spread wouldv'e caused him problems. Not sure what role Gibbo was playing (pure wing) but this was his worst game in ages for mine.

Not sure what to make of the overall performance. Pretty average for a signficant part of the game but I put that down to coaching/Cunners/Goldy than anything else. Cripps is a beast and was the most influential player on the ground IMO and got a free run with Cunners shiteful. Take the points and move on. Plenty to work on and there will be some lessons learned from today from the coach on down.

Thanks for posting actual analysis rather than the emotional word vomit that has dominated this thread/board/planet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we played 1:1 we won it decisively.

When we allowed 8 on 6 in the backline with them to have runners off the square we did not.

Carlton aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

To all those who were saying today would be an easy win STFU ...... One team I hate losing to is Carlton . Glad they got it together in the last Go Roos ! I hope you bring what you presented in the 1st quarter and a half next week ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for posting actual analysis rather than the emotional word vomit that has dominated this thread/board/planet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Werd

They pushed numbers around the ball after quarter time, and with Goldy's influence mininal and Cunners a no-show, they started to dominate the general play. We played with two spare defenders (and Taz playing on their second tall) for a quarter and a half so when the swarmed forward we got confused and they got mids free in and around the 50.

It took until half way through the third for us to switch Hansen forward and force them to sacrifice a spare to mark him. From that point we started to break even. The flip side of their tactic to swarm the contest is that they would eventually tire. This came to fruition in the last and we started to generate more scoring opportunities thanks to space opening up.

Hunter was woeful at times today with his body work and impact when leaving his man to effect a contest. There were a number of times that we got caught out in the D50 with numbers at the wrong side of the contest which resulted in shots on goal. Work to do there. I thnk the blues threw up some very different set ups today that caught us unawares and caused confusion.

Cunners clearly labouring and should not have played. Got absolutely belted by Cripps. We would have been better with Swallow today tbh but even so their spread wouldv'e caused him problems. Not sure what role Gibbo was playing (pure wing) but this was his worst game in ages for mine.

Not sure what to make of the overall performance. Pretty average for a signficant part of the game but I put that down to coaching/Cunners/Goldy than anything else. Cripps is a beast and was the most influential player on the ground IMO and got a free run with Cunners shiteful. Take the points and move on. Plenty to work on and there will be some lessons learned from today from the coach on down.
As always BT great post.........Scott looked very relaxed during those 2nd and 3rd qtrs. Surprisingly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back