Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Wood basically won us the game, again. Garner's mark and goal was ridiculous.

Why was Gibbo protected from Gibbs? If he is not tagging, he shouldn't be in the team.

Ziebell was wonderful today as was Marley.

Negatives:

Atley's kick into the middle almost cost me my lappy.
Goldy you ******* soft****, pathetic. Get out of the forward line and stop clogging up space you impostor.
Hansen's dropped chestmark. Shithouse
Waite and Brown non events.

Do you get the feeling they were in full embrace and suddenly realised that they were on a footy field. Awkward!

Isn't this very similar to the Bulldogs tactics? And it won them the flag...

I don't recall the dogs lining u at a centre bounce with only 2 players forward of the ball. When we eventually went and stifled the spare players they lost all momentum.

The dogs run backwards and forwards in a swarm.

Positive: Jack was terrific. 21 effective disposals out of 29, tackling pressure was enormous. Noticed him a lot in the last. His first real captain's game.
He lifted when they were coming. Hrovat, Higgins, McDonald, Atley and Wood followed suit.

We Won but should have been easier.Atley OMG go to the reserves Wood was quiet good last qtr.McDonald Williams awesome Higgins as well.

All you do is pot indigenous players, indigenous jumpers and north supporting BF posters.

But its not so much sickening as boring, predictable and banal.
We do not have any indigenous players in our best 22. McDonald was close to BOG today and this Darwinian chap sees fit to pot him. When Anderson plays a game half as good as that, I will bow down and praise him.

What a mixed bag!
First 45 amazing, next 55 horrible and last 20 pleasing.
McDonald and Hrovat massive in last. Ziebell's best game of year? Cunnington was invisible for three quarters and then stubbed his toe! Wood barely touched it, but did when it mattered.
Dumont took his chance with both hands and Higgins was quality.
Marley solid again and Garner took his chances, plus pulled in a great mark.
Atley reflected the team...had some good moments and some horror ones. Kicking into the main on the mark, errantly centering it and then ignoring the open man 50 out. But at least he kept trying and in the end had an impact. He's not just anywhere near his best and must be under some pressure.
Kreuzer, not for the first time, was dominant against Goldy. Goldy just doesn't seem keen to physically impose himself at moment and we're not getting that follow-up work which was his trademark.
Should never blow an 8-goal lead against a lower rung team which had some players out and was coming back from Perth, which might have helped us in the end, but you could sense the foot come off the gas in the second half of the second term.
Other teams know we are prone to do it, so they are never going to roll over.

We won't drop Goldy because of his superior fitness. Now one could argue that superior fitness counts for five fifths of **** all when said superior fitness dude isn't impacting the contest with his superior fitness.

Yeah I've had this conversation in the past and will no doubt chat about it later this week, my fitness permitting :)
Fear not. If you can't stay the course I'll be there to pick up the slack.

Out: Goldy

He's gone from infinite dicks to a single penis that has erectile dysfunction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45 points up early in the second quarter should be a 10 goal win against a bottom four team.

Not a three goal win. After losing the lead.

I could stay up late being depressed about that, or take joy from the fact that we won a game that typically we would have lost.

My positives:

Scored goals despite a very quiet game from Brown and Waitey
Eventually withstood the pressure and reclaimed momentum when we have been unable to do this time and again
Williams and Turner continue to give it their all at opposite ends of the ground, haven't had anything bad to say about them all year, shinboners through and through
Hrovat well on the way there as well
Higgins mostly class
Wood, Garner can be quiet but can exert massive influence in clutch moments
Managed to hold on despite some very poor/average games from senior players
Annoying Carlton kid behind me screaming ball for every half-assed incomplete tackle finally shut up and left when we reclaimed the game in the 4th
Best positive of all: wandering over to the Carlton board and reading the crap they say about North. No man's land, apparently. Yeah right. Remind me where they've been for a decade. "They know we're coming" - give me a break

Negatives:
Goldy. Needs a spell. Kreuzer absolutely destroyed him. Need physical, angry Preuss in, at least until Goldy gets his hunger back
Cunners was disappointing - I can put it down to being injured but a player should know when to say no if it's best for the team
Tarrant was serviceable but didn't seem like his rock solid self.
I guess that comes down to the backline not knowing how to organise against such a niche backline

Could've easily been the 3rd worst North game I've been to (behind the filth at the G in 2015 and that game against * in 2001) but we held on and showed at least some mental resilience. If we can get players like Martin and Kelly in, and 20-40 games experience into our up and comers, we could definitely be up there soon enough.

Anyone else notice Clarke in the last quarter this week and last week? When things were in the balance he was pushing to contest after contest, linking up, blocking, just the little things. Most importantly, he looked up for the challenge and confident.

Nothing spectacular or obvious, but a great willingness to work and grind out a game.

We do not have any indigenous players in our best 22. McDonald was close to BOG today and this Darwinian chap sees fit to pot him. When Anderson plays a game half as good as that, I will bow down and praise him.

McDonald was nowhere near BoG. I dunno if any north players could claim that this week. If one of our players got one vote they'd be lucky. Lindsay Thomas and Jy Simpkin are both in the best team when fit and in form. (Anderson ... might have a place in certain circumstances or if he improves. Who knows with Ahern.) Judgement's not your thing is it.

I could stay up late being depressed about that, or take joy from the fact that we won a game that typically we would have lost.

Lets hope the "typically would have lost" part is behind us.

Today's game was an improvement. We dug deep fought back and won after playing like s**t. I have missed seeing that and look forward to more of it (proportionally as we play less average games overall.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back