Autopsy Autopsy vs Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee that’s abysmal and matches the eye test. Soft lazy s**t. Only wish they were more comprehensive with the lowlights since there were plenty of examples to choose from.

I certainly wouldn't call him hard.

He's my favourite player don't get me wrong, but physical intent is the one glaring element missing in his game that would take him to the next level.
He doesn’t need it: he tackles, he kicks well, but the reason he is in the team, the reason he will be a top-5 player in the league next year is because he can cut contested play up like a hot knife through butter: as good as Judd or GAJ.

Larkey soft, Scott soft and LDU soft? Yeesh this is about as reactionary as it gets.
A cry for help. Therapy. Plumbing the depths of despair. Call it what you will we have all been there. I don’t think any of us realised how deep the hole was. The end of this season should see the final cull then it’s onwards and upwards 👍

We were really shite.

A fair few games this year I walked away almost happy, at least from the Ratts era (rip), but this was next level bland. And bad. Mostly bad. What is going on in our heads when we defend like drunk penguins? Are we tired? It's all too much? I don't get it. All I know is that it appears to be above the shoulders.

I'm not going to name names. I just never want to see that level if insipidness again.

I've got it! It was the bye. Phew. Back to noble efforts and sub 24 defeats. Bring on the Cats.

people saying we don’t need more midfielders are kidding. The ones we have, apart from a couple, don’t defend and maybe never will. We need two way runners, doesn’t matter how good your offensive game is. There‘s a reason why Wardlaw looks so impressive.

people saying we don’t need more midfielders are kidding. The ones we have, apart from a couple, don’t defend and maybe never will. We need two way runners, doesn’t matter how good your offensive game is. There‘s a reason why Wardlaw looks so impressive.

But we can’t seem to fit them all in as it is. With LDU back, Greenwood lost his spot in the 22 despite being in reasonable form

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll definitely need some mids who can run both ways but to me the most urgent need is a left-sided winger.
Goater and Bailey can cover the right wing position. Goater might have to make a home at half back. Can he become a full time midfielder?
Also need to replace Shiels, Cunners and Greenwood and eventually Tucker in a 3-4 years.

These stats are kinda interesting. They are certainly kinder to Goldy than the eye test was.
I’m assuming the weighting is geared towards actual impact on scores/possible scores, clearances, ground ball gets etc rather than just awarding points for chipping a 15m kick sideways and back?
You would need to ask the twitter account owner - I think statisticians can be protective of their formulae. If you find that one that is accurate, it would be worth something. I don't know enough stats - but I've followed the account for a while, and it is interesting for exactly that reason. Pure numbers don't mean much if you get 20 turn overs from 30 touches.

I think that its more about playing them all together, rather than the individuals.

If we played McKay, Logue and one of Ziebell/Corr/McDonald, then a legit small defender and a mid sized player with pace along with Sheezel then we are probably okay.
Sheezel is an 18 year old boy, who hasn't had a break, nor a lot of decent support around him, especially from senior players, it's probably time he had a week off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back