Autopsy Autopsy vs Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

one thing that hasn’t been brought up yet is lack of pressure in the forward half, we haven’t had it for ages, way to many mid sized players done there. We get centre clearances, get the ball to ground, opposition teams can just walk it out thou.
It’s no wonder we looked our best with Spicer down there pressuring and tackling.

Not saying hes the answer but I’ll be watching his game tomorrow and how he links up with Hansen Jnr because those two will make our forward line competitive at ground level.

Aside from pressure, we need extra avenues to goal, we work way to hard up and back to try and score.

Pluses midfield looks great, another season together and hopefully they’ll gel a bit more, it’s the makings of a top four side.
And TT he’s a seriously good player, I hope to he’ll we do everything to keep him.

Last edited:
Especially when that membership gives you less games because of the Tassie deal.
100%
I see teams like the drug cheats , crows , blues etc improve
& we are miles away .
You watch West Coke jump us next season too.
We are a basket case .

one thing that hasn’t been brought up yet is lack of pressure in the forward half, we haven’t had it for ages, way to many mid sized players done there. We get centre clearances, get the ball to ground, opposition teams can just walk it out thou.
It’s no wonder we looked our best with Spicer down there pressuring and tackling.

Not saying his the answer but I’ll be watching his game tomorrow how he links up with Hansen Jnr because those two will make our forward line competitive at ground level.

Aside from pressure, we need extra avenues to goal, we work way to hard up and back to try and score.

Pluses midfield looks great, another season together and hopefully they’ll gel a bit more, it’s the makings of a top four side.
And TT he’s a seriously good player, I hope to he’ll we do everything to keep him.
Bring in Kayne Turner 🤮

100%
I see teams like the drug cheats , crows , blues etc improve
& we are miles away .
You watch West Coke jump us next season too.
We are a basket case .
After the Geelong game it will be a month since we have played a game at home.

Can you imagine a Collingwood supporter going a month without being able to see their team in Melbourne?

We are the AFL’s gap filler.

Give the big clubs what they want and let North take the s**t to make it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said Accurate .
He was a worry for me since draft day . Short stumpy legged , slow & small .
All things that u are born with & can never change . You stuck with it .
Not for the modern day AFL .
Sorry .
Nice ripping kid but not going to make it .
Tom Powell > than Phillips
You flip flop on this every bloody week!!

Yeah, imagine if Wardlaw, Sheezel, Thomas, Larkey and LDU were playing next to Tex, Sloane, Laird and Smith.

We would be a finals side. Suddenly our 19 year olds aren't under pressure to be the best on every week.
The other part of this is that while Adelaide were in the bottom 5 for a few seasons, they won the minor premiership as recently as 2017 while we were just beginning our rebuild.

Because they didn’t trade their well performing KPPs for peanuts, they have had the luxury of developing players like Thrillthorpe for a couple of seasons in the 2s until he is ready, while more mature players actually hold the fort.

In contrast, we condemned a young developing Larkey from 2019-present playing one-on-three wrestling as he developed.

As much as our list is for the tip, our list management is even more so.

I feel so sorry for Adelaide based fans. One win in about 20 years and now yearly floggings.
That's just horrific

It’s honestly a joke. I live 2 minutes from a train station, had the whole day free and I made the conscious decision to turn down a free ticket to today’s match to instead head out and watch an SANFL game.
And I would do that every time again, because I know what North does. It’s not worth watching, even for free.
The last time I saw us win in Adelaide was footy park and I remember thinking “this Troy Makepeace looks like he’ll be a good player”. That’s atrocious right?

As long as this team keeps playing Luke McDonald, I'll know we aren't serious.

He has been woeful all season and yet he's an automatic selection every week.

“He’s the captain, so you can’t”.

I just got back from watching Port Magpies vs West. It hasn’t been below Tom Jonas to play in the SANFL this year, even though he’s captain.
If he played for us he’d be our best defender.

IMO we need to stop excusing these s**t performances and take real steps to eradicate them

Well, obviously. 🤣 Ratts said as much. We substituted Goldy. That’s a first step. I expect to see Goater and Xerri next week. It still doesn’t mean we won’t get pantsed. I don’t think anybody is “excusing” anything. However, the “reasons” are there. The “real steps” are extra games into the younger guys. That’s going to take time, by definition. Our immediate goals are to beat Hawthorn and WC.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I went for this team because I loved the way we played in the 90’s.
I was actually even prouder of the club between 2002 and 2016, our spirit and the way we dug deep not only on the field but for our very existence.

Since then I don’t know what we stand for. About the only thing you can count on is us being uncompetitive interstate and letting supporters down.

Rebuilding, what a cop-out. There are teams that never gut their list (and soul) and are up there every few years. Geelong and Sydney for example don’t try to buy time by asking the world to take a minute and let them not try for a few years.

Even the teams that do rebuild can at least count on being a legitimate challenger every 5 years. We’re coming up to 9 and looking worse than ever.

We apparently got our coaching dream team and yet from the outset they pick the likes of Howe, relist and pick Turner, drop players like Hugh Greenwood after he’s given his all and send ‘messages’ by dropping club stalwarts like Goldstein and Cunnington while persisting with certain other senior players who are absolutely not up to it. I’m yet to see much on game day that warrants the excitement we all felt last October. I know Clarko’s been away but yet here we are - 2 very unconvincing wins, a dozen straight losses. You’d think our new system would’ve produced at least a little bit more.

Greenwood gets dropped. We persist with Ziebell and Corr. LMac is our captain. We need senior leadership, yet these are the decisions that get made.

Today we were older than Adelaide and we had more games under our belt. I feel the same result would’ve happened anywhere, even at the dome. Absolutely.

Someone tell me what we’re doing, what we stand for and if this is all worth it? I expected a bit more from the team today. But they did what they always do - deliver less. With an older and more experienced team, we delivered what we delivered today.

Concerned is an understatement. I love Holden cars, not everyone can drive well. I love NMFC, not everyone is good at football or can make good decisions for the club. Don’t tell me to leave because I will match it with ANY shinboner here. I love this club. But poor decision after poor decision has made us the soulless, irrelevant, easy-beat joke of the competition and I’ve never enjoyed footy less. Help me dudes, give me something.

Just to mention it again. In 2015, the Crows beat us by 77 points. Richmond just lost by 81. GC done by 77 at home. It doesn’t make it easier to accept. However, there are clear reasons why we are where we’re at. Equally, we are on the up. It will take time. We are coming from the lowest ever in the history of the AFL base.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back